• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Idea: Adding animals to beastmasters.

kumquatelvis

Prince
It would be quite amusing if you could add animals to beastmasters in the same way that you can add great commanders to units. They could either add +1 strength, or perhaps give a promotion (see suggestions below). Of course, it might be necessary to limit it to one animal type per unit to prevent tiger spam.

Tiger - +20% withdrawal chance
Hawk - +1 sight range (I forget what the promotion is called)
Lion - Empower 2
Bear - Heroic Defense
Polar Bear - Winterborn
Gorilla - Heroic Strength
Wolf - +1 Movement

and you should be able to "add" beastmasters to dragons and other very large beasts
(they would be riding the dragon, etc.)

and you should be able to "add" beastmasters to dragons and other very large beasts
(they would be riding the dragon, etc.)

Giving him +5 Str, and the ability to breathe fire :lol:

Xienwolf found out that it is actually possible to repurpose the warlord attaching mechanic, to allow visually attaching one (and ONLY ONE) unit to a meshgroup.

So it would be quite possible to have an animal companion for rangers, beastmasters, etc.

Xienwolf found out that it is actually possible to repurpose the warlord attaching mechanic, to allow visually attaching one (and ONLY ONE) unit to a meshgroup.

So it would be quite possible to have an animal companion for rangers, beastmasters, etc.

Ranger's unit art already have beast companions. A pair of panthers. And most hunters have wolves. Beastmaster is the only one flying solo.

I think there is something like this for recon units in Orbis. The recon unit consumes the animal to gain a "totem" promotion specific to that animal, but is then prevented from gaining another.

The difference here is that with the art is is now, you cannot change the NUMBER of units shown. You can change which ones fairly easy, but not the amount. I think Warkirby means that Xienwolf found a way to actually increase the number of units shown by 1... In which case, I'm interested in it. :lol:

Also, the Jotnar in RifE have something like it as well. ;)

That would be interesting if hunters, rangers and beastmasters(possibly even Scouts) could take animal companions... just one companion, but one that would actually show up graphically.

That sounds pretty neat. I want my Beastmaster riding Acheron. Speaking of which, perhaps if we do implement attaching animal companions, could we just remove all of his/her current pet companions? I think it's more astheticly pleasing if you could attach a single animal/beast companion versus attaching another beast among the other 3 in the unit.

normally I would say "dragons would not want to be ridden" but since Dragons in-game aren't all powerful, and since its beastmasters we are talking about, I think its perfectly fine.

Im still tempted to think of Acheron as having the pants in the relationship ... maybe a graphical collar n chain attached to the beastmaster, and some sort of glowy eyes to indicate mind control xD

Top Bottom