[Idea]War of the Worlds Mod

Richosh

Chieftain
As the title says, based on the novel and the game "Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds" one could create such a scenario.
Shouldn´t be too hard, especially with the new engine :rolleyes:

I´d say there is a need for a map of Great Britain and northern France, martian units and ressources, new buildings for the humans and a changed techtree.

So, Im searching for help in realizing this.

There was a WotW mod for Civ 3 I believe. If you contact the people who made that (I can't remember who it was), they may give you their models. That'd be a big leap forward for all those new units you'd need.

Have some of the more orignal tripods in it though, the mechanical engines like, not speilberg's synetic texturised chemical monsters.

dalek master said:
Have some of the more orignal tripods in it though, the mechanical engines like, not speilberg's synetic texturised chemical monsters.

That was the idea, personally I disliked the movie wholeheartedly :D
Seems like I´m blind, cant find the CIVIII Thread of those people working on the WotWmod before...

"Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds"
What's that Jeff Wayne guy ? You ? I think the mod should be called H. G. Wells's War of the Worlds, 'couse that J.W. could mislead people.

And, Richosh, use google. That Civ3 WotW mod isn't here, the developer of mod had quarrel with some of the admins here long time ago, so the mod's topic was deleted.

Crash757 said:
What's that Jeff Wayne guy ? You ? I think the mod should be called H. G. Wells's War of the Worlds, 'couse that J.W. could mislead people.

And, Richosh, use google. That Civ3 WotW mod isn't here, the developer of mod had quarrel with some of the admins here long time ago, so the mod's topic was deleted.

You´re right. But (big but, always comes, think of it with some sinister music :D ) let me explain. Jeff Wayne was the guy who created the musical version and he made some fantastic music. This Music was used in Rage´s "Jeff Waynes The War of the Worlds"-game from 1998 which is an excellent although flawed strategy-game about the martian landing and the player had to push them back from jolly ol´ britain, an I´m not talking about that piece of crap ofa ps1 version.
The thing is, as readers of the book mostly know the martians died after 21 days of the cold.

[will be continued after I finished eating :mischief: ]

So, I´m back. This is not a good thing for a game to automatically end after a certain timeperiod, at least not when that period is 21 days. Thus certain elements of story have to be either removed or remodeled, therefore I had the Idea of using BOTH the Strategy-Game and the book as presentation.

Top Bottom