Ideas about Mongolia

VermelhoRed

Prince
With the portrait list being all but confirmed, and the single spot where Mongolia might fit being disputed by them, the Persians and the Ottomans (plus some others), there's a strong possibility Mongolia will be saved for an expansion. I'm very favourable to this idea, as I'm fascinated with the Mongol Empire, and with Mongolian culture in general, and I feel this series has never done them enough justice. This new district system offers many possibilities, and with creativity, Firaxis might find interesitng mechanics that could make game-Mongolia as singular as the empire that was it's inspiration. So what do you guys think could be done?

One idea I had that I think could be very fun, but has many potential problems is this: a) Mongolian settlers would be cheaper but would settle cities composed of an encampment district, instead of a city centre district; b) cities composed of just an encampment district can move, with two movement points per turn; c) cities composed of just an encampment district can only build units, encampment district buildings like barracks or stables, and the city centre district; d) once they start making a city centre, they lose the ability to move, and once the city centre is done, they behave like a normal Civ; e) this ability should only work from Ancient to Medieval era, so as to not become detrimental in the late game; f) similarly, the capital, Karakorum, will be settled normally, with a city centre first. Despite how long this description was, I think all of this could be considered a single National Ability for them, and would offer an unique gameplay that is mobile and aggressive. We could have another ability for the leader, plus a cool horse archer unit and maybe a ger / yurt district that replaces housing?

The part of cities moving, despite how cool it might be, has some things to be concerned about: where can you walk those cities? I'm guessing they can only move on places without nearby cities, so, with multiple moving cities, for each one to avoid the other will be a cumbersome task for the player, and impossible for the AI. The other option would be for cities composed of a sole encampment to be able to get re-packed into a settler unit, who could move forward and settle the same city again. This, however, seems much less powerful, and has issues with buildings and production. As for tiles, I guess every move will reset any bough or earned tile outside of the first ring, but I think that's a fine onus for moving.

This is all great ideas. :goodjob:

As for moving cities, they could have it turn back into a settler like in Endless Legend. The Roving Clans in that can move their cities, but they loose their buildings, so it's only something you'd want to do shortly after founding a city.

Top Bottom