[IDEAS] Fallen Ages

Hmm... a feature I don't know about?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Who is still willing to help? And, what do you want in the 1st version?

/me runs off to check the group.

EDIT: Damn chat lmao

Right so... what one of the civs that I need to add has the biggest amount of unique and interesting stuff?

EDIT2: Ahh, I knew about that... I forgot lmao, but, its very interesting :D

/me hugs Lemonized_Jelly
/me hugs Valkrionn
/me wishes them all best to new year 2010

/me is fascinated by Fallen Age

/me checks Fall Further Plus group
/me thinks it's all awsum

/me runs back to #erebus

I'm back after a couple of breaks from modding.

And, I need a feature to mod, so I thought of adding in civilizations and putting them up for release while black_imperator works on the stability code.

So, I was thinking, and I want to work on the Bannor from the Age of Magic, thing is, I don't know a lot of lore "/

I have some ideas:
Good, Lawful
Spiritual
Fire Mana
Law Mana
UB Courthouse/Temple cross
New Religion needed
Peaceful, Defender
Beautiful cities
Unique cross-sphere fire spells.

So, I need ideas on buildings and stuff that tie in with the lore and ideas posted above. I need ideas for leaders, pictures and everything. So, I'm asking for help.

The Bannor used mobs of Peasants to hunt and kill powerful mages, as well as their priests wielding powerful Fire burning with the Passion of Faith. I would say something reminding me of Mobs that chace people with pitchforks and hang people.

Probably a Xenophobic Civ-Trait, a Populist Trait (either through diplomacy or warfare), and also spiritual (priest magic) ways to both quell the populace (unyielding order) and burninate the heretic (pillar of fire).

I think they should have a Civic available at some mid-early game tech (of the Age of Magic Era) which spawn "peasant mobs" from farms and all cottage improvmements. Say, 3 strength and can use copper, with 20% magic resistance. Their priests of Bhall should be able to use Courage spell and Fireball, while their high-priest should be able to use Valor, Unyielding Order, and Pillar of Fire.

Their Courthouse UB should be a Guillotine, and their Dungeon UB should be a PIT of FIRE (to throw the heretics into)

The Patrians on the Other hand, would be in some ways the complete opposite. their mages would come in two folds ... summoners and sorcerors.

The summoner would start with twincast, and they would pass their combat promotions directly to their summons.

The Sorceror would start with Enchanted Staff as a unique spell, or simply enchantment 3, as well as magic immune.

With death and mind mana, the Patrians will be able to Build a Unique wonder to them called the Tower of Arrogance. The city with Tower of Arrogance allows all units to start with channeling I and II, as well as allow the building of the National unit the "Technocrat" the Technocrat would be immortal, magic immune, -50% enemy resistance, as well as start with Death III, Mind III, and twincast. This national unit would have a limit of 2. The technocrat would also be of the arcane combat-type, as well as posses channelling I-III, as well as start with the rust and slow spells.

The Rebels would start with the Magic-Resistance civ-trait, as well as all units starting with courage, and first strike.

The archer UU of the Rebellion would be the crossbow. It would be funtionally the same, except for start with 5 extra first strikes.

The leader of the Rebellion would, of course, be Kylorin. Agressive, Organized, and (instead of arcane) raiders.

The Rebels would appear in the late magical age, somewhere near the Patrians (or inside Patrian land). The leader of Patria woulid switch from Kylorin to Perpentach (most likely). And this Perpentach's traits would be Arcane, Philosophical, and (something related to mind control .... financial? magic resistant?) ... the third trait would Hopefully be something called Alluring, which would give the Allure promotion to all (living) units, and allow enemy units a 15% chance of converting upon defeat.

The Alphar would be one united force, with Sinister Assasins, Dextrous Archers, and Illusionists. The leader would be Arendel Phaedra @ philosophical/Defensive and Neutral. (to represent the balance between the two halves, not just her) During these glory days, the Elven racial promotion would grant +50% forest strength and +100% ancient forest strength. Also the ancient forest upgrade mechanic and the treant-spawn mechanic would be tied directly to the Alphar nation (as opposed to FOL), and FoL would be founded upon the building of Evermore.

The Aiphons would all start with the amphibious and water-walking trait, as well as have a hunter UU who starts with Mezmerize Ocean Animal. @ Fanatacism they should be allowed to build the Leviathan, and at the destruction of the Aiphons, the Leviathan becomes barbarian (or if he is not alive, a new Barbarian Leviathan is borne). If the Leviathan is not currently alive, exploring Aiphons Isle should give a 10% chance of re-awakening the Leviathan.

Their cavalry would ride Sea-Snakes while their recon units would ride sea-horses. Their recon would also be allowed Water-Stealth (and potentially marksman and HN mask abilities) Their recon units wouldn't be able to leave the Ocean, while their Mounted line could slither onto land at a detriment of -20% strength. (an extra -30% in desert or ice). Sea snakes would also gain a +15% strength in Marshland, as well as a +10% strength in jungle.

The Bannor were the largest and most powerful of the factions of the Patrian Civil war. Their patron goddess was Bhall, and their essence was passion. They were a very warlike civ (less peaceful than the modern Bannor), who wielded the holy flames indiscriminately against guilty and innocent, knowing Bhall would sort things out and her flames would consume the evil while providing only pleasant warmth for the innocent. Fire was judge, jury, and executioner. I suspect they forced their children to walk through fire in what after Bhall's fall would certainly be human sacrifice, but at the time it was harmless to those not living in significant sin. (It has been claimed that fire never hurt the innocent before Bhall's fall, yet has also been stated that during the Godswar the innocent were sometimes harmed by fire not directed at them. I choose to think that most flames could hurt the innocent, but Bhall took care that Holy Flame taken from her temple would not.)

They were well on their way to crushing the remnants of all evil civs when their goddess fell. They had spread the worship of Bhall throughout Erebus, giving her perhaps as many worshipers as all other gods combined. They were allies with the elves, or perhaps even the masters in a voluntary vassalage agreement. Braduk was a multi-ethnic holy city, which drew pilgrims from all the world. (Personally, I prefer to think that only the Clan of Embers are descended from actual Bannor humans, while other Orcs are from their human vassals, and Goblins and Ogres from their vassals of other races. Kael considers then all former humans though.)

The last king of the Bannor was Khorde NuValle, and his wife was Mellony NuValle (I'm not sure of the spelling). In the D&D campaigns on which FfHt was based, Khorde was good friends with Orthus. He frequently drank and gambled with the future Orcish warlord, who at the time may have been a young Bannor nobleman.

The Bannor Capital of Braduk was most known as the home of the greatest temple of Bhall, which held the Eternal Flame. This temple complex and the much smaller but still huge) royal palace of NuValle dominated the inner city, which is the part of Braduk that would eventually be dragged into hell and replaced with a giant burning crater. Bhall's clergy was exclusively female. Her high priestess carried a sacred staff known as the Matron Essendi, which would later be stolen and serve as the haft of Orthus's Axe.

Junil had no real religion at the time, but he had small shrines in many Temples of Bhall, and probably a medium sized temple among in the temple complex at Braduk. Bhall and Junil were the closest of allies, so he was revered by many who worshiped her, including those he sent Sabathiel to lead out of hell.

Bhall represented passion, especially but not only righteous indignation and a passion to right injustices. The Bannor were great warriors, but perhaps even greater poets. They were famous for their heroic epics and ballads of love. Their language was considered ideal for beautifully expressing intense emotions. It is unpronounceable by most Orcs, but the Bhall-Orcs (hags descended from Bhall's old priesthood, who continue to act as such to their now evil goddess) and a few Shamen still speak it. The modern Bannor tongue is closer to it, but has been stripped down to be a harsh, quick, and utilitarian tongue best suited for barking orders to soldiers instead of expressing love.

I personally like to think that The Empyrean was once the name of her faith, and her heaven. The word means "highest heaven" or more literally "heaven of fire." Her heaven was torn asunder during her fall, with portions of it falling to Erebus, portions into hell, and probably most of it being joined to Lugus's heaven when he accepted her Seraphim into his service. Lugus had a religion in the Age of Dragons and likely much of the Age of Magic, but I get the impression that the Calabim of that age (whose only connection to the modern Calabim is Alexis and Flauros) succeeded in exterminating the faith of their old nemesis. Lugus was probably among the weakest gods of the late Age of Magic, as he did not have worshipers through whom to act.

Bannor -> Charismatic, Aggresive [Lawful Good]

Patria -> Arcane, Aggresive, Organized (Kylorin) ... Arcane, Philosophical, Alluring (Perpentach) [Lawful Evil]

Alphar -> Philosophical, Defensive [Chaotic Neutral]

Aiphons -> Defensive, Industrious (or Defensive/Financial) [True Neutral]

Luchuirp -> Organized, Charismatic, Financial [ Neutral Good]

Rebels -> Aggresive, Organized, Raiders (Kylorin) [Chaotic Good]

I think that the Barbarians of the Age of Magic should include Lizardmen and Centaurs.

Perhaps Lizardmen and Centaurs could be permanent summons with 5 or 10% chance of becoming barbarian?

black_imperator has been working very hard, and we now have a way to affect stability. It is basically a clone of the previous alignments, and at the moment, nothing happens if it falls too low, but I'm working on that.

I need ideas on:
Units that should affect stability.
Buildings that should affect stability.
Courthouses increase stability.
Spells that should affect stability.
All worldspells give a massive + or - to stability
Religions and whether they should affect stability.
Civics that should affect stability.
Slavery reduces stability
Civic combinations that should affect stability.

And, if somebody could think of event ideas to do with stability, that would be great. And, ideas for consequences of having low stability apart from cities declaring their independance would be great.

Yeah, its a player-wide scale.

I plan on writing some python that checks all cities and chooses one that has the least amount of the players culture present in there if that's possible through python, if not, one thats unhappy and unhealthy.

Instability could cause a barbarian Balor or Assasin to start roaming about, or a band of your troops convert to someone of opposing alignment, or opposite alignment AI's to be more likely to declare war on you, or global unhappiness, Or increased chances for cities to "Riot" for X numbers of turns, even without the presence of a potential cultural flip (global rioting, although random and not all at once). Also a large army of opposing alignment, either barb, independent, or belonging to nation X could be spawned (either nearby or far away) and beeline to one of your cities, capture it, and sit on it ... to protect some holy lands or something (crusade, jihad, ect).

Also, increased instability could cause Mercenary units to desert (or flip sides) as well as allow break your soldier's will power (a reverse of the Tower of ALteration) where spells are harder to resist and harder to make work. In addition, your units that are defeated in battle would have a chance to go barbarian, independent, or flip to Civ X (even without specific influence like Crown of Command)

Right so, I have problems with the python, and I know they are from the dll xD

@black_imperator can you expose the getStability, setStability and changeStability functions to python? They are throwing up errors. And, next dll you send me, can you give me the complete source code as well, so I can start messing about in the dll? Thanks :)

Right. I now have the source code, and I should finally be motivated to actually do something. Yeah, leaderhead files are the most boring file to edit!

Great idea combinig my two favourite mods into one but I see there hasn't been a lot of activity on this thread (3 months to be exact) I wanted to give all of you feedback and ask if there's gonna be a alpha/beta version soon?? Please please please

We're actually working on this, but it could be a little while before anything is released, but, this project isn't dead yet :D

Top Bottom