Ideas needed: Common Events

Grigori Medic

Req. Grigori in the game to research Medicine, and for you to be at war, with an injured unit of your opponent's in your territory.

Sire, a member of the Order Merdicos has been sighted to be healing an enemy. The Order Merdicos is supposed to be impartial, but this is war!

1) Kill the unit. We will take any repercusions from the Grigori

-2 relations with the Grigori

2) Convince him to help us. Bribe him with gold and force.

Cost X:gold:, gain one Girgori Medic

3) [req. Order] Convert the unit to our cause.

Gain one Girgori Medic, -3 with Grigori

4) Do nothing

The unit is healed, +1 with Grigori

Lord of the Rings
Milord, the owners of a wrestling franchise in [city] are complaining. It seems that a single fighter has gone undefeated for several months, meaning that noone dares to bet against him, minimizing profit.
-Recruit him for our army! (gain warrior or other unit with 10 exp.)
-Guarantee that the wrestler has an... accident (+1 gold in city (renewed betting))
-Proclaim the wrestler as a hero and use him as an example of our nation's strength! (+1 happy in city)

Hope you don't mind the thread bump, it's just that since you decided to retain the name "Ira" for these new units, I couldn't resist.

1. An Ira has retired from warfare and decided to open a delicatessen on the Lower East Side of [city name]. Ira's Deli has become very popular with the local population and is even attracting tourists. +1 :) and +5 :commerce:
in [city name].

2. A retired Ira has joined your Ministry of Finance. At his suggestion, the Ministry has enacted rules allowing our citizens to open Individual Retirement Accounts or IRAs. This will encourage our people to save for retirement and have money to spend in their old age. +1 :commerce: in all cities.

3. After long and tense negotiations, an Ira has agreed to place its weapons "beyond use." Our people are hopeful that this will be an opportunity for peace. +1 :) in all cities.

Maybe a prerequisite for any of these should be that your forces have defeated an Ira in battle. Anyway, if you accept any or all of these, feel free to modify as you see fit.

Inspired by this:

Animal hybrids event:

Requirements:
  • At least one of Bear/Spider/Wolf cage
  • Science academy

Options:
“Scientists believe they can correct genetic defects by combining elements of animals with humans. Do you”
  • This is blasphemy against all that is true and holy! The divine essence in men shall never be combined with animal. +1 permanent :) in all cities with Order/RoK/Fol/Empyrean.
  • Begin the experiments... +2 population in all cities, + 2 :) for 10 turns, allows creation of animal hybrid units.

Animal Hybrid Units:
    Construction of an animal hybrid unit requires sacrificing a axemen/hunter/horsemen in a city with a dancing bear/spider pen/wolf cage (respectively), -2 city population, +1 unhappy for 10 turns.

This produces a bear-man (axemen with + 2 str and the animal promotion)/ a spider-men (hunter with +1 first strike, +1 poison damage, ignores terrain when moving, animal promotion)/ wolf-men (horsemen with +1 str, + 1 movement, animal promotion).

These units promote as if they were the regular units (e.g. spider-men promote to rangers, etc).

For Terra maps, in which the civ in question has a coastal city.

"Your people have grown restless amongst hard times and desire a change. They have heard of a promised land over the great sea and wish to make the journey. What do you do?"

1. Ignore them.
Result: Nothing happens.

2. Send a few hardy colonists to make the trip.
Result: Recieve 1 settler, 1 base religious unit (if have state religion), and 1 appropriate military unit on a galleon in coastal city.

3. Mobilize the empire! We move to the New World!
Result:
A. All current cities cease to exist.
B. You recieve settlers, workers, religious units, and military units on galleons in the sea that used to be enclosed by your cultural borders in an amount proportional to your score.

Before Us Lies Darkness
(requires a mine)

Our miners have stumbled into a massive series of deep caverns! Outbreaks of madness and strange sounds from the darkness have been reported.

• Seal the caverns and return the miners to work. Whatever lies beneath, we will have no congress with it. Nothing happens.
  • Delve deep. Seek whatever treasures can be found. I will know the secrets of this underworld. Mine is unusable for 4 turns; lose 20 gold; 25% chance nothing happens, 25% chance gems/silver/copper/gold is found, 25% chance barbarian Drown spawns, 25% to gain a Drown.
  • This is a gift from the Earthmother. Pay her homage and we will surely receive it. Lose 30 gold; mine gains +2 hammers and +1 commerce. (requires Runes of Kilmorph as State Religion)
  • We have been waiting for this day. Sacrifice the workers blessed with madness, and send our ritualists into the depths with their hearts. Mine permanently loses 1 hammer; 25% chance the mine is destroyed and becomes a raw Mana node, 25% chance a barbarian Stygian Guard spawns, 25% chance to receive a free Drown with Chaos I and Body 2, 25% to gain permanent +2 culture and +1 happiness in city (requires Octopus Overlords as State Religion)

The Mountains of the Moon

EDIT: I decided to modify this event to make it more generic and thus more common and repeatable. Am posting the modified event in a later post.

I don't know if you're still looking for common events, but here's a couple. Don't know if they fit in with your conception of FfH lore, so if you do accept them, feel free to modify as you see fit for balance/lore/flavor reasons.

Migrating halflings

A group of halfling migrants has arrived in our empire and wishes to settle near [city name]. Although the local populace has mixed feelings about their presence, allowing them to stay will benefit our empire.

a) Send them away, we don't want them. (+1:) in [city name] for 10 turns, 50% chance the halfling migrants will migrate to a different empire.)

b) Allow them to stay, they will be helpful. (+1:mad: in [city name] for 10 turns, [city name] receives a Halfling Village [building that provides +1:food: and +1:commerce:])

c) Allow them to stay and recruit them for our military. (Same as b, plus subtract x:gold: from treasury and receive one Scout and one Archer.)

Migrating gnomes

A group of gnome migrants has arrived in our empire and wishes to settle near [city name]. Although the local populace has mixed feelings about their presence, allowing them to stay will benefit our empire.

a) Send them away, we don't want them. (+1:) in [city name] for 10 turns, 50% chance the gnome migrants will migrate to a different empire.)

b) Allow them to stay, they will be helpful. (+1:mad: in [city name] for 10 turns, [city name] receives a Gnome Workshop [building that provides +1:hammers: and +1:commerce:])

c) Allow them to stay and recruit them for our military. (Same as b, plus subtract x:gold: from treasury and receive two Warriors with the Dwarven promotion.)

EDIT: D'oh! I should have read at least the first page of this thread before posting this. I see that Jenks posted a similar event back in February involving Refugees. Sorry! I wasn't trying to steal your idea. I probably saw your post months ago and half-remembered it when I came up with this.

Adventure Profiteering

A group of adventurers that scoured nearby ruins for wealth have entered the city of CITYNAME to spend their wealth recover.

Option 1: It's good they've got all that wealth, drive up the prices of everything, and send our tax collector! (Gain an amount of gold)

Option 2: Offer their leader a position in our armies. (Gain a Champion unit)

@ Nor'easter: In FfH, Gnomes are just a variety of Dwarves. They are better know as the Luchuirp.

A Svartaltar hunter has entered [cityname] and has asked to speak with the governor claiming to have a great deal
1) send her away we want nothing to do with their tricks - nothing happens
2) give her 100 gold -
50% "she has sold us an artifact of great power" loose 100 gold gain random item (non hero or wonder)
50% "she took the money and ran" loose 100 gold city gains 1 uhhappy for 10 turns
3) give her 250 gold - 25% "she has 'negotioated' with a dwarvern engineer to work for our city" gain 1 great engineer
25% "she has 'convinced' an amurite scholar to serve your crown" gain 1 great sage
50% "we have been tricked! during the night she snuck into our treasury and stole [250 + 1/4 total gold] gold!" loose X gold and city gain 2 unhappy for 20 turns

MagisterCultuum said:
@ Nor'easter: In FfH, Gnomes are just a variety of Dwarves. They are better know as the Luchuirp.

I knew the Luchuirp were a type of Dwarves, but hadn't realized that they were supposed to be Gnomes. In any event, I know that any events that Kael decides to add to the game he'll modify as he sees fit.

Beyond the call of duty?
A man has been shot with a crossbow by a local guard, while the guard claims the man was robbing a shop, the man's family says that he was arrested and executed while shopping. They also claim the guard had been blackmailing the man.

-This guard has served his city well, even if he arrested and killed him, it would have been for a decent reason! Let the guard go! (-10% crime rate, +1 unhappy for 10 turns)
-No guard has a right to shoot a man during a mere robbery, the man was found with no weapon, sentence the guard to death!(+1 happy for 10 turns, +10% crime rate)
-I was chosen by the gods to lead these people, and I give the decision to them! (+4 culture, +1 unhappy, +10% crime rate)

Mage Rage
Req. No Mage Guild
The wizards of the city complain that there is no regulation of magical law in the city, and that rogue mages give them all a bad name. While a guild is a long term solution, the wizards demand a short-term.
-Form a magical council to decide on matters of this type, I know nothing of it. Risk the crimes they may commit together. (req non-arcane ruler, +15% crime rate)
-Gather all mages together and send them to one city, there they can rule themselves (like city state event, city is taken over by a magical governor, -1 science in all cities, +5 science in that city)
-I am the sole authority here, wizards shall have no say in these matters!(-5% crime rate, +1 unhappy)
-Slay them all, then let's see if they commit a crime! (-1 population)

Stella Award
A man has tripped inside the palace and is sueing the government for his broken nose!
-Not again! Grrr... give the man some money (-10 gold, event may occur again)
-Hmmm... chop off his nose and see if it gets better (+2 unhappy for 5 turns, event will not re-occur)
-I think he's going to lose the suite, let him gripe about it (+1 unhappy for 10 turns, event will not re-occur)
-Kill him (+2 unhappy for 10 turns, -5% crime rate, event will no re-occur)

Lumberjacks:

A group of lumberjacks offers to join your empire:

1) I'd rather not, pancakes aren't my thing.

2) He's a Lumberjack, and he's Okay! (Pay 25 Gold, get 1 Lumberjack)

3) Hire the entire group (Pay 50 gold, get 2 Lumberjacks)

Lumberjack unit is a Strength 2 melee unit that can chop down trees without bronze working. It doesn't do other worker actions however.

in FFH, you do not need bronze working to chop down trees (though it stell says you do)

unless my version is very buggy, in which case, theres nothing written here.

do you only play as the elves because everyone else needs bronze working

A Government Affair
One of your advisors has been caught having an affair with a servant girl in (city name). His wife demands they both be stoned to death, but he is willing to pay for his safety.
-Kill the infidel! (-1 beaker)
-Accept the bribe (+50 gold, +1 unhappy)
-Sneak the advisor out of the city, we'll risk scandal. (50% +50 gold; 50% +50 gold, +2 unhappy)

Amnisty
A group of former criminals have turned themselves in and plead for amnesty for their actions in exchange for exile to (civ name), (civname)'s governament has already given them permission.
-Give them it, and exile them to (civ name) (+2 with civ)
-Put them in jail, no criminals can escape justice with pleading (-10% crime rate, +1 happy)

Traveling Merchants
A traveling merchant has entered (city name) and is wondering if we are interested in his wares.

(One of the following is randomly selected to be for sale with the price and effects beside it)

Random Animal (30 gold)
Fireworks (25 gold, +1 happy)
Herbs (25 gold, +1 health)
Ancient Scrolls (25 gold, +2 beakers)
Slaves (Req. Slavery, 25 gold, +2 hammers)
Prostitutes (25 gold, +1 happy, +1 unhealthy)
Fertalizer (25 gold, +2 food)
Instruments (25 gold, +2 culture)
War horses (350 gold, gain horse source)
Elephants (350 gold, gain Ivory Source)
Pagan Idols (Req. No state religion, 50 gold, +1 happy, +2 culture)
Ancient Magic Staff (200 gold, gain a magical staff *weapon*)
The merchant wonders if we can take in refugees from a barbarian city. (+1 population)
The merchant wonders if he can settle down in the city. (+2 gold)

Along with those random ones, the following two responses ca be given:
-We don't want anything
-Throw the merchant in prison and take his cash (+100 gold, no more merchant events)

Meh, no idea if someone has posted an idea like this, decided that reading 25 pages of ideas just to see if this was already there

Ancient Burial Ground

Targets a hill being worked

Flavor - Some locals near (city name) have discovered that the nearby mound is actually an ancient burial site for some unnamed warrior! They are fearful of the consequences of disturbing the grave.

1. Spooky! May the warrior's bones rest in peace.
Nothing Happens

2. An ancient warrior, this must be one of our ancient ancestors lost to history! Set up a memorial in its honor.
+2 :culture: in city, 20% chance for The Skeleton Warrior to appear

3. Interesting... Lets move the grave and set up a tourist attraction... to ease the villagers fears.
Removes hill and changes to grassland with -1 :food: and +2 :commerce: 90% chance of The Skeletal Warrior appearing

4. (Requires evil or neutral) This warrior was buried before the Age of Ice, lets profit from its death. Loot the grave! 60% +70-100 :gold:, 40% The Skeleton Warrior appears and no :gold:

The Skeletal warrior should be pretty good. I was thinking A Skeleton with Heroic Strength and Defense I, II, Magic Resistance, Enchanted Blade, and he cant move. He definitely can not move, he is just there as an annoyance, and until you get strong enough to defeat him, you lose the tile. Which could be pretty important if there is something like copper or iron there.

Top Bottom