Ideas to put into Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to let you vote. Now that you aggravated me so much, THERE WILL BE NO VOTE! I am going to say that again: THERE WILL BE NO VOTE! If you do not agree then leave. It is your choice.

But you said this thread was a democracy! :cry: You can't just suspend a democracy because the votes aren't going your way, that's the sort of thing that Robert Mugabe does. Are you planning to be like him? Are you planning to suppress our rights and brutally beat any opposition to your repressive rule?

Well I'm not standing for this! I'm founding a liberation movement to stop you, and we are going to put Flevance, the democratically elected leader of this thread, in charge!

Viva la revolución! :ar15:

But you said this thread was a democracy! :cry: You can't just suspend a democracy because the votes aren't going your way, that's the sort of thing that Robert Mugabe does. Are you planning to be like him? Are you planning to suppress our rights and brutally beat any opposition to your repressive rule?

Well I'm not standing for this! I'm founding a liberation movement to stop you, and we are going to put Flevance, the democratically elected leader of this thread, in charge!

What about Nader? He got a vote too.

What about Nader? He got a vote too.

Nader had one vote, Skell had one vote and Flevance had two. Three if you assume that Flevance voted for himself. Thus Flevance was elected ruler of the thread. Nader supporters should join the revolution and then we can have a vote once Skell is removed from power. Does that sound fair?

Nader had one vote, Skell had one vote and Flevance had two. Three if you assume that Flevance voted for himself. Thus Flevance was elected ruler of the thread. Nader supporters should join the revolution and then we can have a vote once Skell is removed from power. Does that sound fair?

Who voted for Skell? Hell even Skell didn't vote for Skell.

Just here to say, BEST THREAD EVER!
Make that 4 votes for Flevance

In accordance to my democratic liberty, I withdraw my vote from Skell and give it to Flevance. If my leader could change his opinion so many times I can too. Viva la revolution.

On the other hand, I'm so sorry not to see so many mods that were planned for this term... urgh, hard decision, but viva la revolution:lol:

So... where do the parties stand on this? This is valuable entertainment! I will vote for whomever wants to discontinue this mod, but I can't live without Skell!! He is so funny, with his flip-flopping on issues, and only showing backbone on issues that he is entirely wrong on!!

I want to vote for someone who will keep this thread alive, but only for entertainment value...

(PS. Skell... if you would listen to people, stop multi-posting, and show some ideas and specifics for this mod (IE. Show that you have thought about this mod and balancing issues), then I am sure that 99.9% of the people in this thread will stop mocking you, and people would actually help you.

In the mean time, we will assume you are a troll (albiet a very poor one), and thus we shall continue to mock you :p Consider this a friendly warning / hint / thing if you are still confused on why you are being mocked etc.)

Just here to say, BEST THREAD EVER!
Make that 4 votes for Flevance

In accordance to my democratic liberty, I withdraw my vote from Skell and give it to Flevance. If my leader could change his opinion so many times I can too. Viva la revolution.

On the other hand, I'm so sorry not to see so many mods that were planned for this term... urgh, hard decision, but viva la revolution:lol:

Excellent, welcome to the revolution. Please help yourself to a gun and a "Flevance for Freedom" shirt from the table over there. They come in small and large, I'm afraid I couldn't get any medium sized ones on short notice. :(

I just had a revelation (or should I say revolution). I know how Skall Jell can make enough money to buy take-two and have this mod up and running. We should all vote to have Rainn Wilson removed from the Office cast, and Skall should take over role of Dwight Schrute, hence make enough money (the Office will run for 3 more seasons).

This comment is made with all due respect, all rights reserved.

GodBen said:
Sweetness!! I have nothing prepared. First off I must say this thread is like a car wreck and is hard to look away. This is probably why I haven't left. I couldn't be due to stimulating dialogue. So does this mean this thread is now my responsibility? Makes me regret making promises...

I see my promise can come true under 2 circumstances from where we are now. And Skell, you have the power to influence which of these 2 come true. So Skell read the following part carefully.

Our current situation: People will continue to post mindless drivel and take shots at the idea behind this thread or the integrity of the original poster. Every time Skell posts a response he has a knack for inspiring more pot shots against him and posts viewed as spam.

This in turn gives Skell Jell 2 oppurtunities.
Option 1: Continue to argue in the thread with other posters drawing it off topic and just turning it into a spam thread and a moderator will soon be in here to close this down. And my promise to let this thread die if elected magically becomes true. I am almost certain of this at this point Skell. Perhaps the only reason this thread has yet to be closed is because the moderators are giving a new member some flex room OR just using it for entertainment to see where this is all going. Both of which I would imagine are almost spent. This is now already a borderline spam thread at this point.

Option 2: Let this thread die for now until you have something constructive to add. (And I don't mean more listed things without gameplay references.) Expand on these ideas. Tell us how you would like to see them come in. What leaders traits/UU/UB would Kosovo have?

Note to Skell:To try and save this thread it would be better to begin actually expanding on gameplay references for you ideas Skell. You have promised to do so 3? times in this thread and haven't delivered. You would do good to actually go back and reread what Willem and I and maybe others were telling you trying to HELP you get into modding. We weren't being mean, we were being realistic and critical. You need to start discussing how things on your lists will work in the game. Why do Triremes need to be taken out? How is Growing/Thriving/Depression economy going to come into the game? You need to step back from this off topic spam and get back to your mod. How about delivering on the "I will expand on this later" lines now? It's later.

READ THIS AT LEAST! In summary: Take this thread to phase 2 by expanding on your ideas OR continue arguing and a mod will be here soon to close it out I bet. TIP: I would make one of my next 2 posts (preferably the next one) be an actual expansion or elaboration of your ideas into gameplay references. That way we have something constructive to talk about in here that actually relates to Civ. Let it fall to page 3 or 5 or page 20 of the forumsif you haven't got anything constructed yet. Theres nothing wrong with that. I have done it with my own mod ideas. Sometimes I let them stay dead, sometimes I revive them but they are usually all kept in my subscriptions for myself to manage. So long as its in your subscriptions you can revive it whenever you need if you need. But I wouldn't post anything in this thread until I had an idea to offer as "how to bring one of these things on the list into the game" in fear of it getting closed at this point.

I don't want to see your thread die honestly man. Because your intiative to get into modding may die with it. But you gotta give us something to work with. Just realize that we have made it to page 7 and not one thing has been discussed on your list as to how it would be worked into the game. We keep getting told you will expand on it "later" and later hasn't got here yet... 7 pages later. It's time to put up or... you know the rest.

I agree wholeheartedly with Flevance...

I also gave a few tips throughout the post...

Obviously, if you were serious about this mod, then it could work out.

Obviously you would have to give ALL the information before they would do that, if anyone WOULD do that... right down to real numbers. Strength, speed, tech costs, and abilities. Hammer costs may be left out, for balancing issues, if desired.

Skell, let me explain my motivation towards wanting to close this thread. Over three years ago a man known as Wolfie came to my favourite website and completely ruined it. He did the same sort of things that you did; he posted banal threads, he didn't listen to advice and he continually insisted that he was right and the whole world was wrong. He didn't even read the book that the site was based on. He wasn't a troll in that he wasn't trying to aggravate people, but that didn't stop the fact that he did. What made things worse was the fact that I found evidence that he had done the exact same things on other websites until he was banned.

People left the site because of him, which caused a movement against him by those of us that remained. The site's moderators refused to act on his behaviour because technically he wasn't breaking any rules, and this led to a lot of anger from members towards the moderators. From then on there was considerable mistrust between the members and moderators, distrust that remained after Wolfie was banned from the website. The sense of fun was gone from the site, and the moderator crack-down that followed convinced me that it was time for me to leave.

One man turned my favourite website into a place I couldn't stand to visit any more.

Now I don't post on CFC all that much, but I have been coming here since the days of Civ II, and reading the advice on these boards has really helped to improve my game. But in the course of a week or so you posted four or five mod ideas with absolutely no idea as to how to go about making them. It can take years to even make one fully balanced mod and you want to do four of them? With no history of modding?

Unsurprisingly, I agree with Flevance. If you really want to make this mod then okay, but it will be a lot of hard work and you are going to have to really think about it. You are talking about rebalancing a game that still isn't fully balanced 3 years after release. I suggest that you start small and make some minor modifications, maybe design some of the new units or civics that you have planned. Once you have a few of them working, then you can compile them into a mod.

I'm going to give you some advice which I gave to Wolfie; Please listen to what people are saying to you. We all want to get along and have fun, but the way you act invites ridicule. Listen to the people who know what they are talking about and perhaps you will have a bright future as a modder. :)

10 Characters

Skell, let me explain my motivation towards wanting to close this thread. Over three years ago a man known as Wolfie came to my favourite website and completely ruined it. He did the same sort of things that you did; he posted banal threads, he didn't listen to advice and he continually insisted that he was right and the whole world was wrong. He didn't even read the book that the site was based on. He wasn't a troll in that he wasn't trying to aggravate people, but that didn't stop the fact that he did. What made things worse was the fact that I found evidence that he had done the exact same things on other websites until he was banned.

People left the site because of him, which caused a movement against him by those of us that remained. The site's moderators refused to act on his behaviour because technically he wasn't breaking any rules, and this led to a lot of anger from members towards the moderators. From then on there was considerable mistrust between the members and moderators, distrust that remained after Wolfie was banned from the website. The sense of fun was gone from the site, and the moderator crack-down that followed convinced me that it was time for me to leave.

One man turned my favourite website into a place I couldn't stand to visit any more.

Boy, have I seen that happen many times in the 14 years I have been on the web.

I don't think SJ is equivalent to "Wolfie" yet, but it's best to nip this sort of thing in the bud, nonetheless.

Boy, have I seen that happen many times in the 14 years I have been on the web.

I don't think SJ is equivalent to "Wolfie" yet, but it's best to nip this sort of thing in the bud, nonetheless.

He is certainly no Wolfie because he was an absolute nightmare. Skell does write and respond in a manner which is very similar to him though so the warning signals started flashing in my head.

Skell Jell, your responses seem to be missing a connection with the posts you're responding to. Are you using a bot to generate answers? It would be against any forum etiquette to keep people busy using a bot to generate answers.

Of course, there could also be a language barrier, but you claim to be from the U.S. so I wouldn't expect a language barrier.

No. I just want to have quick answers. I don't have all day to post on the forums. It's NOT ALL I DO IN MY LIFE unlike YOU AND MANY OTHERS AT THIS FORUM.

No I am not. It was until you and you "friends" ruined it. I HAVE CONTROL OF THE THREAD NOT YOU or Flevance!

Who voted for Skell? Hell even Skell didn't vote for Skell.

Please leave this thread. The elections are NOT HAPPENING. They are canceled. You have nothing to say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So... where do the parties stand on this? This is valuable entertainment! I will vote for whomever wants to discontinue this mod, but I can't live without Skell!! He is so funny, with his flip-flopping on issues, and only showing backbone on issues that he is entirely wrong on!!

I want to vote for someone who will keep this thread alive, but only for entertainment value...

(PS. Skell... if you would listen to people, stop multi-posting, and show some ideas and specifics for this mod (IE. Show that you have thought about this mod and balancing issues), then I am sure that 99.9% of the people in this thread will stop mocking you, and people would actually help you.

In the mean time, we will assume you are a troll (albiet a very poor one), and thus we shall continue to mock you :p Consider this a friendly warning / hint / thing if you are still confused on why you are being mocked etc.)

I DO LISTEN. I think you don't. Your life is the forums. I will once the time has come. Plus, they can't shut me down.

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. Moderators can very well "shut you down" as in banning if you continue flaming. Secondly, use the multi-post button to reply to more than one post.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom