If it can happen, which of the following would lead humanity to a better state?

If it can happen, which of the following would lead humanity to a better state?

• More co-operation

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Less consumerism

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • More material wealth

• More interest in the sciences (and/or arts)

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Dramatic (and "more fair") changes to current politics (including politicians and systems)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (or not sure/don't know/poll problem/etc)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is only one way: more knowledge. The masses has to be infused, allowed to participate and granted access to more knowledge. The problem is that the current elite doesnt want that as it seems to it that ignorant man can be controled easier then the one with knowledge which is true but on the other hand it bars the way to more effective and harmonious life of society in the future. Any society and great culture of the past has crumbled down when the masses didnt shared into the highest achievements of its own kin. We may have achieved great things but if we go on economicaly enslave people and whole nations and detaching the politics from the common sense of ordinary folk we are bound for destination Destruction.

I agree. Sadly the current politics are the usual Divide Et Impera ones. One group played against other groups and so on, with some politician rising as a supposed protector of one group or all groups (inside a nation, or internationally, and often both).
This makes it crucial that the overall level of thought remains low, or that people have so many problems (eg no jobs, fear of being harmed etc) that they effectively stop thinking their society could have been a lot better, and thus become another cog in the wheels of the greedy misanthropes on top.

I'm with Kyriakos, cooperation and mutual respect and understanding is a solution, even though in practice we might not similar on the understanding maybe but in essence I agree this is one of many important aspect.

I voted more interest in science but I don't make the assumption that more cooperation would lead to a better world. At our current state of evolution war is a necessity and can bring good things.

I voted more interest in science but I don't make the assumption that more cooperation would lead to a better world. At our current state of evolution war is a necessity and can bring good things.

:confused: I thought you always against violent and quite critical regarding US internal and foreign policy at least so far internal policies and I suspect by against the first you will automatically against the second. Such statement coming from you is really surprising and unfitting with your avatar.

Top Bottom