Im back... with bugs animal flags and shape shifting

Mind Flower

Chieftain
I was told to come back with a better processor and now I have more bugs.
Animal flags are incorrect and the just about all units shapeshift usually from similar forms. like a horse become calvary . clubman becomes clubman with more tattoos. they usually switch back and forth when in use or in battle.

What are your BtS Game Graphics set on? Adjust and see what happens.

I had to mess with graphic settings too, I kept getting weird looking units. I can not remember the settings I had to change to though.

Animal flags are incorrect and the just about all units shapeshift usually from similar forms. like a horse become calvary . clubman becomes clubman with more tattoos. they usually switch back and forth when in use or in battle.
I think you must unselect "single unit graphics"

I think you must unselect "single unit graphics"
I play with single unit graphics all the time. Stopped using the 3 unit graphics ages ago.

I play with single unit graphics all the time. Stopped using the 3 unit graphics ages ago.
Oh then it was other setting lol, also I have this on not off, sorry :p

Now that I'm testing stuff related to barbarians, so I'll screenshot my settings.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-04-24 15-58-10-37.jpg

Last edited:
It is a graphic setting for sure, not sure which one or if there's a combination that triggers this.

I think it's caused by ticking the "animations frozen" option in the graphics options.

I had a similar problem on my old system. It was caused by one of the settings in the top right "Options - Graphics screen".

Changing those settings corrected it. It was either "Animations Frozen", "Effects Disabled" or "Low Resolution Textures". Can not remember which.

It's the unit animations must be on for reskins to work properly. I am not sure if that's the same thing that's needed to keep the flags working properly as well though. I think that might be a different option that can cause that to go wonky. Single unit graphics is ok to play with but if you're playing on Size Matters, it can be helpful that the count of units shown is the group volume rating (on a fully healthy unit at least - as the unit is injured the count displayed goes down).

Thanks my dudes. Set everything at min settings because I wanted everything to work out but that was what i did wrong

Top Bottom