IM Handle

MarineCorps

Explosion!
First off: Stupid keyboard

On topic, How come the members profile doesn't include a spot for a MSN handle? It has AOL and yahoo but no MSN. Why is that and can we get one?

I beleve that there is a reason that MSN is not in the slot. Since the MSN nick thingy is like an email adresss (bob2go@msn.com). There are some jerks out there in the net that would find ways to get into your email and spam it to death.

Then you just wouldn't put your MSN name if you didn't want people to spam it, just like you can hide your email from other users.

Trillian is an IM program that has AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo and mIRC in one easy to use program.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
I beleve that there is a reason that MSN is not in the slot. Since the MSN nick thingy is like an email adresss (bob2go@msn.com). There are some jerks out there in the net that would find ways to get into your email and spam it to death.

It's easy - just do bob2go (at) msn (dot) com or something like that.

I asked about this eariler - TF said that it was rumored that Jelsoft hated Microsoft.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just checked and neither of the three forums I mentioned (CGN, Poly, or Trillin) have an MSN handle.

Never noticed that.... I have MSN, but I wouldn't put it in there.

CDZ has a place for it. ;)

I fully understand hating the 'big evil' M$, but why stoop to their level and penalise you for using it? :mad:

It's like kids in the school playground....

Top Bottom