I'm leaving!

Chieftess,
Thank you for all your work.

Originally posted by Goonie
Chieftess,
Thank you for all your work.

Here! Here! Thank you, Chieftess.

Chieftess, please don't leave! If it hadn't been for your most entertaining news reports, I wouldn't even BE here! Your ideas are *almost* always good (everybody has bad days), and for the most part they make the game more interesting. Think about it this way. You've been elected to be President numerous times, right? So THAT means that you are recognized as being one of the best, if not THE best at running the game. The people love you, you're doing a great job! Don't go!

It's not just participating in the game, but helping out on the forums. Shai - I even posted in the staff forum how I wanted to help. I thought you knew that. Now I all of my hard worked "help" is gone, I just don't feel needed...

I didn't see the post in the staff forum, CT. Unless you PM me you should generally assume that I don't see a post there unless it involves a ban or a warning.

I'm sorry that all of your help is gone. I cleaned up while in a foul state of mind. In retrospect some of those threads could have been saved.

But that has no reflection on how much you are needed. Look back at all of the testimony (mine included) in this thread and you should be very reassured that you are needed.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Ill reiterate:
Please dont go!

Ill second that.

Please CHieftess, dont leave the demogame. YOu have helped me be more comfortable in the Demogame and better refine my Civ3 Skills.

..... Forth

I see Oct is helping in there and put just the same threads I did. I even had little changes to some of them, like the citizen registry so that you had to put your city name of choice when it came time to pick a name. What was so different about mine? Had you pm'd me today saying I could help out in some way, I woud have tried to redo everything I did that was erased. Now, I'm not so sure...

Chieftess,

All I can say is: if it were not for your input during the last term, we probably wouldn't be having this problem just yet because we would still be playing DemoGame II. :goodjob:

CT, I haven't the faintest clue as to what goes on up there in mod-land, so I really can't say if you were mistreated or not. Sounds like a big misunderstanding to me. All I know is that when I entered my self-imposed exile a few months back(I was also feeling unappreciated), it only lasted a little over a week. I realized that I couldn't leave the DemoGame after all, and life went on. Hopefully you can do the same.

Take some time away if you must, but please don't leave for good. Most of us would truly miss your dedication - to the game and to the thankless tasks that keep it running smoothly.

So, a lot of this surrounds a misunderstanding? Unfortunately, things like this can't be helped. I've always found the best way of getting someone's attention in important matters is a PM or e-mail, and I humbly suggest more important messages involving these types of matter at least be made know to the intended receipient through a PM.

Also, unfortunately, the communications we all have between one another (these forums) do not particularly promote simple 'Thank yous' that we are used to in real life. I think that your outstanding sucess in elections, however, is proof of peoples' thanks. How else could you be so honored each election cycle?

Your case is simply one of, what is the best word... overenthusiasm. The amount of work you do is certainly admirable. However, you've gone beyond the point where people are willing to help. We've all got our limitations, especially on time, and you apparently have more than others.

I would simply suggest scaling your activity back. While your contributions are greatly appreciated (a fact I cannot state enough). If you have an idea, pursue it when enough people express willingness to help.

Now, I think I'm sounding insulting, so I had best wrap this up. If I've hurt anyone, it was entirely unintentional.

Again, thank you for all you've done for the democracy game. Please stay with us.

Originally posted by Chieftess
I see Oct is helping in there and put just the same threads I did. I even had little changes to some of them, like the citizen registry so that you had to put your city name of choice when it came time to pick a name. What was so different about mine? Had you pm'd me today saying I could help out in some way, I woud have tried to redo everything I did that was erased. Now, I'm not so sure...
Octavian PM'ed me last week asking if he could help with setting up the indexes for the new forums. You did not. Octavian put up the index threads. You put up every thread including ones that essentially declared you to be a moderator of the demogame. Octavian doesn't have "moderator" for his title, which would lead just about everybody to believe you to be a moderator for the demogame as the poster of those official threads.

I did ask you again to help in this very thread. You did not respond.

Like I said, I was going to go through and edit those...

Now that you know I wanted to help out... if you still want me to help, you could pm me, otherwise, I think I'll just leave...

Just to let you know, I'm taking a week hiatus from the forums and chat starting now.

Well, it seems like we'll not be able to get her back to the bright side of the demogame. We should now stop trying to change her decision, which we must respect, and begin to think about what we'll do without demogame most important element.

***no comment***

EDIT:
as a protest against her leaving i will temporarily leave CT enabled as special-operator of #demogame until otherwise instructed by a higher force.
she was the most reliable and best operator we ever had on the channel

She is taking a one-week vacation to relieve stress and clear her head.

When she returns, she will still be a moderator, and still be chat op for #civfanatics. Thunderfall understands her need for a short break, and has expressed his confidence in her.

What she does with regard to playing the demogame will be her decision.

Top Bottom