Immortal, Augustus: Axe Rush? Praetorian Rush?

Wasn't civ3 Sid level, the hardest level of the whole series?
From what I remember the AI had 60% discounts.

I never played CIV3 seriously, but without knowing it exactly, I think the discounts for Deity-AI in CIV are way higher. I heard something of that AI has 400% production, so that would be a 75% discount, and every time AI advances by an era, it get's *2, *3, *4 and so on. That's why AI can 1T-build Infantry in the lousiest city which it got.

...1500 BC 10 Praet rush...

I've played a bit on but it looks that I will miss this date by at least 500 years. My feeling is that my 2 workers are just not enough. 2 cities, mines to build, at least the most minimal food improvements, connecting resources and cities and pre-chopping forests before I have Math... They seem to be overloaded with work.

Above came the question if I have barbs on: Yes, I have. Immortal is a real difference regarding barbs, the difference between Imm and Emperor feels bigger than between Emperor and Monarch. Lots of animal and barbs traffic going on. However, after a few lucky fights I've got my peninsula east of Sitting Bull pretty much under control, I believe. It's all fogbusted now and looks clean.

You shall not only pre-chop the Forests before Math, you should chop them into Praets like described by me. It's very possible, that you need a 3rd Worker for the rush, as you got FPs to improve, which take 50% longer than normal tiles, and because you want roads early. I still think 2 are ok though, with the described tactic. You also can delay roads until very short before the rush.

full :lol: iam embarrassed

@ Seraiel
:)
Iam not reloading if i do, i do it for purpouse and only when i play practice games.
I know that u didnt meen that ... but iam not a cheater.
Acctualy i won a lot more then 1 deity without cheating my 1st win was with WvO like 3 months after i start palying civ 4.
I play normal speed normal size maps ( becouse i dont have to micro that much ). I only played few maps on marathon or epic, i didnt even end them becouse i was bored.

Yes i play all leaders on deity but that doesnt meen taht iam able to win deity game with all leaders.

And btw you seen my games with like ( total crap) Budica ( witch was horrible game xD ),youve seen dates DO you REALY like realy think that iam not able to with deity (without reloading) if that was like Inca ? come on! pffff .... now iam rly embarrassed :lol:

I improoved to this lvl where iam acctualy moustly becouse of AbsoluteZero playthroughs witch i love.

And if you do this suspicions :) to motivate me to play G-Major 137, just to proove you ...
You preety close to that.
acctualy i need some motivation for this ...

Beating Deity after 3 months is impressive. It's almost to hard to believe, because I never heard from anybody winning so fast. I don't know exactly how long I took either.

And if you need motivation for the Gauntlet, I don't have to be suspicious for that. The current Gauntlet is contested by some of the best players of these forums. If you only come close to them, like winning before 1000 BC, you'll get great respect from many people here.

If you beat Deity on a random ugly map with a random ugly leader without any form of cheating, the current Gauntlet should be easy for you and it's also gonna be a lot of fun. Whereelse can you start with 2-3 Golds + double Food, then stomp the whole (large) map with classic or even ancient units, to found Corporations in the BCs?

I'll follow your future games more closely in the future, because this forum needs more good players, so we must support anybody who's making an effort.

I gave this game a try. See spoiler.

Spoiler :

I went for a different opening.
Instead of SIP I moved the settler on the plains hill to grab the ocean fish. (I would have done this anyway without the knowledge from this thread. The warrior revealed fish.)
I managed to found 5 cities, no wonders, palace switch and research directly IW.
Build up a stack of 8 praetorians + 2 axemen went straight after the Native American capital which gave a huge reward (Stonehenge).
Sitting Bull is gone and my economy looks bad, but I'm used to that.

@ Tatran

Show tech tree. And look at mine i SLOOPY played this 1 to about 1 AD.

Spoiler :

Missclicked on this GG :D

@Fippy

Do you still think that Prets rush was beter ?

Iam on my way to bulid The Great Library and probably win lib , only 1 AI can reserch Feudalism, so i can roll over this entire continent with like no problem.
Even Longbows arent problem when u have like C1 CR3 Prets xD. Next is Alex obv.

@yyeah

The tech situation :
Spoiler :

The Great Library has already been built by Hammurabi, like most other marble wonders.
There's an Incan Buddhist missionary in my territory, so I will adopt that religion. KK and HC (founder) already running it.
Everyone is annoyed with Hammurabi (founder Hinduism) and I haven't met Lincoln.
Alexander is also my next target, but my economy can't handle more cities right now.

In general, I've a bad timing getting techs sooner, getting national wonders faster done, etc.
At some point in the game (not only this one) I loose focus and concentration. (Maybe too much repetition.)

@yyeah

I think it depends on how you define "better". Going for cats+something is very safe, it can't go wrong on immortal pangaea with a high :commerce: start. Going for prets might give better results (=earlier conquest), but might go wrong if the defender has too many axes or you simply lack iron and have wasted lots of :science: on IW.

Oh and btw, I think engineering is the last tech you need, liberalism is not of much use.

4 city construction/praet rush imo. Grab zie river with gold + cow, coastal rice, coastal marble. Cottage the 2 grasslands above copper and pray for fish near marble. start, but mainly due to SB. The land.. Ive seen worse. The 2 goldmines should get you to construcion in no time and plenty of forests to chop the rush.

Edit: 5 cities considering other spoilers :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's game over...
Spoiler :

I've never liked the fake diplomacy win by collecting vassals.
My hands and feet were tied by the AP (Buddhist) which forced peace between me and Alexander.
And after that I was falling behind in tech really quick, so I went for a cultural victory.

19xx is very late in the game, it's very likely that you'll lose if you let your games go that far.

I assume that the problem is general strategy + city specialization, because the cities which I can see on the screen are not specialized at all, way too few Cottages, way too much Roads and Farms (even Plains-Farms! ) .

I published an article recently regarding this topic, maybe you'll want to read it. Good lecture also always is the culture-bible by Jesusin. With so many Religions that you got, winning at least 100T earlier at least in theory is no problem.

If you play an MMO hardcore for 10y, you know what you have to do to get good, even if the game changes. You also have very well working instincts and great intuition, which always helps.

And no, Dark Age of Camelot (6y) , Warhammer (1y) , AION (1y) , RIFT (2y) and Elder Scrolls Online (1y) .

If you play an MMO hardcore for 10y, you know what you have to do to get good, even if the game changes. You also have very well working instincts and great intuition, which always helps.

And no, Dark Age of Camelot (6y) , Warhammer (1y) , AION (1y) , RIFT (2y) and Elder Scrolls Online (1y) .

True ;) MMO player since 99 ;)
EverQuest 1 (5y), EQ 2 (3y), WoW (4y), GW2 (1y), but mostly burned out atm, since no game compares to the fun EQ1 was in 2000-2003.
I also do play Master of Orion 2 at Impossible difficulty, thought its far less complex game than Civ4 ;)

CIV IV Deity is one of the hardest things I've ever seen as well.

Deity, and LAN-level FPS are probably the hardest things in gaming and the hardest things I've ever attempted (played comp. RTS's for 3 years, and TF2 6s for like 4 now). Although it's hard to compare due to the speed differences. FPS's are breakneck and CIV can last forever.

Interesting everyone seems to have played different MMOs, for the most part.

I played Asheron's Call for 2y, FFXI off and on for several years, tried a couple other terrible MMOs for a bit, and then WoW for 4 years. I'm too old for those games now though, and i think the genre is dying as well.

End of the year, Camelot Unchained should go online :) . Very well possible, that I'll try out that one too, they got some very interesting concepts, like that one can i. e. hit certain body parts, so if you hit the legs, you make medium dmg and snare the target, do you hit the head, heavy dmg + stun a.s.o.

Top Bottom