Immortal Ramesses II Map

PartAnon

Emperor
Hi all! Every once in a while I get a map that, for some reason or another, I like to play over and over again.

Here's an Immortal Ramesses II with random events and goody huts disabled. All other settings are default. I like this one because the land seems to give you a lot of different options for how to proceed. I haven't been able to win because it's above my skill level.

I'd like to see how you all would play this. I'm also going to see if TMIT would be interested in doing a Let's Play series with this one...

Anyone want to give it a try?

Attachments

• Ramesses II BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    44.1 KB · Views: 59
I'll play this tomorrow. Or is it today. Whatever, I need some sleep. I'll probably do some wonder whoring with that sweet sweet Industrious trait. Oh man, look at all those forests I get to chop. Looking forward to it.

hmmm...not the best of start i've seen..hope there's something juicy we are not seeing.

it's also helpful to post a little more info...like the map

I'm also going to see if TMIT would be interested in doing a Let's Play series with this one...

Fraid not.

I shadowed it. I choked one AI, conquered another, and extra aggressively blocked off to result in about 30% land but a major tech hole. Fine though, I should be #1 easily landwise.

Nope. One AI captured 3 cities and took a peacevassal for 40% world land. Could I have won? Easily via AP cheese since mr super AI didn't control it and was running FR (easy to milk to +8). Did I want to put up with yet another garbage game from civ IV with its massive bugs 5 years after release, when a more complete game released not even 2 weeks ago carries less bugs and balance issues? Hell no.

Back to starcraft II, which fortunately is released by a company that's willing to fix things if they're broken. Well, if you want some LPs though, I'll be releasing some of those once I'm up to snuff.

Aside from an AP win, is this map unbeatable?

Aside from an AP win, is this map unbeatable?

No. With even a LITTLE bit better luck (aka one of the AIs near SUPER 30% LAND AI WITHOUT WAR actually expanded instead of picking their rear) it would have been easy.

Did I want to put up with yet another garbage game from civ IV with its massive bugs 5 years after release...

As much as Firaxis has treated the client like sh*t in this regard, they probably know that +99% are still going to purchase the next massive load of bugs in a couple months.

I am quite eager to see the next BROKEN AP-style wonder. How bad can they possibly get from this point...? I"m too scared to even think much on it.

As much as Firaxis has treated the client like sh*t in this regard, they probably know that +99% are still going to purchase the next massive load of bugs in a couple months.

I am quite eager to see the next BROKEN AP-style wonder. How bad can they possibly get from this point...? I"m too scared to even think much on it.

I'll be buying it. I'm no fan of RTS, so no Star Craft II for me.

I'm actually go read the rule book this time, so I'll see you on diety level. :)

Is reading the rulebook all you have to do to beat diety? :O I wish someone had told me earlier :)

I speed-ran through this one. A lot of bad luck early which caused me to get trapped with only 3 cities until post-lib (and one was just about useless). But since I WE/SSE'ed my way out of it, that wasn't too painful.

Once I went on the attack, I pretty much never stopped until I had enough UN votes to win diplo. I was just about to vassal Japan at that point too.

Interesting enough, I was going to stop with the war after raping the yellow guy down south, but stupid Churchill decides to take a very stupid and useless vassal under him, despite it clear-well means he'll be going to war... and despite it is clear-well a vassal that can snap-off after stealing techs again..... I just don't know wtf is up with Firaxis and their very stupid AI here.

So... I had to then rape Bismark as well. From that point on I just pushed on with cavalry.. and later on tanks vassaling the whole board through vassal exploit. Not sure what else to say about that.

Oh yes, special credit to India who played this even more stupid than Bismark. I was looking in his cities with my spy points. Oh christ, he had such rediculous high yield tiles in his cities and would not even work them, even if it meant starving his cities down! And even his cities that had legendary culture, he was STILL running a ton of artists to pump more culture into them, as though that would do anything. He even ran terrible civics, and wouldnt' even switch them while I was beating down his cities. The idiot still tried to pull off for culture when I set him back more than 100 turns. Can it get any easier?

He was getting so damn backwards, at least with Rep he could have got some science output from those artists. Anyway, everything that idiot did, was bad. And the idiot also refused to vassal while still having his 3 key legendary cities. Only wanting to vassal once he was past the end of no return. That made no sense, since it's reverse of how one really should have played!

Whatever...

Yeah, see, that angers me. In my run inca and babylon both had 4 cities, yet neither had fought a battle. Asoka had all the other cities. He then took 2-3 from toku and called it a day, and I quit a winning position (having taken down both bismark and charlie) in disgust. Asoka was about 1000 points higher in score before the 1500 AD mark...and it wasn't from taking Germany's land since I settled out there early.

@TMIT - are you sure your war declarations aren't creating land voids for non warring AI to fill in?

I deliberately blocked at high expense to prevent it. I choked charlie to 3 cities w/o improved tiles and then killed bismark. My empire was actually a bit further east then bismark managed on his own in obs' game. As in, Inca got 1 extra city, and Asoka got 1 extra city. 1 city =/= 1k in score, although its possible whatever I did in the game screwed up tech or victory strategy for the AI to the extent that Asoka stumbled into competent play as the leader rather than super failure mode.

However that explanation isn't exactly endearing either.

IIRC, I think that they've taken religion out of CIV V (at least in the form it currently is). I was checking out the latest screenshots of CIV V and it seems that the AP has been taken out.

Top Bottom