Imperialism 1870 PBEM

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
To find the ship you had to of looked at the city that supported the ship to find where it had gone, correct? So there's that bit of info that happened. The cargo's on the ship are also now known. The units around that ship (of his and other nations) were probably noticed as well.

Not necessarily game breaking info, but not all that trivial either.

I only had a look at the unit support box: it took me a second to pick the ship.
The map-window was set to minimal, and ctrl-Z, so very little of the map was visible (roughly only the squares directly next to the location of the ship)

I'm still more than happy to leave the game, but since Darius and Case seem to prefer me to continue and James holds no objections, I will continue if Eivind says its OK.
(Academia's vote will be respected as well, if he shows up, so will DoM's (being the Mod of this forum))

Since Case will be out of 'town', I wont play before next weekend.

germanos.

Yep. do whatever you want, i don´t really care

Sorry for the exteded delay, but a severe toothache kept me occupied.

The USA returs with a vengance. Summary:

*Eastern Canada all but conquered
*Carribean conquered
*German China all but conquered
*Minor advaces in and around the Mediterranean.

Canadian Front

Aerial and Artillery bombardments defeated the last defenders of Ottawa. British Irregulars that escaped the city when US forces marched in were bombarded by the battleship Michigan and soon gave up their struggle.

Newfoundland was again bombarded by the battleship New York, leaving the city defenseless. This unexpected success for the US Navy freed many forces that were meant for the assault on the island, and the attack on the British stronghold of Halifax could now be executed. Zeppelins were redirected from Ottawa, and they bombarded the defenses of the city. The New York steamed south and dealt a heavy blow to the Coastal Batteries and its crew. The Armoured Cruiser New Jersey was all but destroyed on its run on the city, and it was then her sister-ship Charleston that silenced the last resitence by taking out both an outdated cannon regiment and a lone yacht flying the Royal Navy's flag. When US Marines had entered the city, she managed to place a few 18'' shells on British Irregulars who had taken to the woods, causing them to surrender.
Navy transports then continued towards St.John's and secured the city.

Carribean
The fate of Britains colonies has been sealed as the battleship Venezuela steamed towards Trinidad for bombardments. The two defending units never stood a chance, and the island was secured and irregulars hiding in the jungle were taken out by artillery fire from the city itself.
Antiqua, who's defenders were neutralized last turn, was finally secured by Marines from San Juan.
On the mainland, seige was laid to British Guyana. With naval support, the colony will fall soon, as one regiment of British troops allready fell prey to the power of Venezuala's guns.

Chinese Front
In a daring raid, Suchow was captured with the assistance of the brave crew of the Zeppelin ZR-8. The fall of the city caused panic among the rank and file of the German Expeditionary Force, and many abandoned their equipment. The disruption of the German chain of command even prevented the formation of Irregulars :eek:
Encouraged by this amazing success, US High Command sought to exploit the disorder in the German ranks, and an assault on Nanking was ordered. Again Zeppelins softened up te defenses, and with the aid of Artillery the city was captured. With the threat to Chunking eliminated, the American forces that had taken to the mountains entered the ravaged city.

Congressional Medal of Honour rewarded
General Custard, commander-in-chief of the US 5th Army, has been rewarded this highest honour for succesfully eliminating TWO massive invasions of the Chinese territories, and by doing so has effectively ended both Japanese and German ambitions in the region. Although Japan remains to be some sort of threat, the German prescence has effectively been crushed.

3rd Fleet HQ
Reconnaisanse flights over the Yellow sea has revealed a considerable Russian fleet of warships and transports. The heavily damaged cruiser Chester engaged a transport off the coast Japan, sinking the vessel with two units aboard.

The main body of the fleet, heading for the Japanese eastcoast, intercepted a British frigate scouting the area.

A taskforce has entered the south Chinese sea, disrupting British supplylines.

Mediterranean Basin

The Battleship Turkey lead a taskforce to Jerusalem, where heavy shore-bombardments decimated the garrisson. The city has been left all but defenseless. Russian forces that escaped Alexandria were caught as well.
British troop-transports around the suez canal were sunk. Both were empy, but their cargo is beleived to be destroyed in Jerusalem.

Turkish Front
Some Russian forces defeding the fortress near Ankara were destroyed by Airships. The Russian city of Kars was captured with ease. With a harbour on the Black Sea, the Russian heartland lies within reach of US naval and land forces.

Southern America
A mere footnote in this war that engulfes the globe is the capture of the last Independent city of Asuncion. The US is very pleased on all the work done by the many laborors that have been working the surroundings of the city during the many months that have passed.

National Geographic Special Issue:

Attachments

• apr1873.gif
    apr1873.gif
    35 KB · Views: 149
Why are there dashed lines around Mukden?

New Caledonia taken under British Protection

In responce to the collapse of the French nation, an expeditionary force has occupied the French colony of New Caledonia. Following a bombardment by the coastal defence ship Protector of the Victorian Colonial Navy the New South Wales Scottish regiment took possesion of the island.

In responce to the collapse of the French nation, an expeditionary force has occupied the French colony of New Caledonia. Following a bombardment by the coastal defence ship Protector of the Victorian Colonial Navy the New South Wales Scottish regiment took possesion of the island.
Interesting.. ENGLAND declared war on France...

Everybody: I urge you take that into account... ok?

Russia is still at peace with France, not that it matters much from a geographical standpoint. ;)

American light cruiser sunk off Kyushu.

Japan continues to heavily invest in new technologies and forces, and in redeploying her current armed forces.

*Peace signed with Germany. The cities of Marseilles and Nantes will become part of the german empire. Go for the cities, take them.
*France declares war on England as a result of their treacherous attack.
*Georgetown captured.
*Some british troops killed

Interesting... despite the fact of having cities in the coast, i CAN´T BUILD SHIPS!!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE :mad:
I can´t build ships in cayenne, dakar or hue!!!
I don´t get it... everybody has the same problem with the colonies?

Originally posted by academia

Interesting... despite the fact of having cities in the coast, i CAN´T BUILD SHIPS!!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE :mad:
I can´t build ships in cayenne, dakar or hue!!!
I don´t get it... everybody has the same problem with the colonies?

Scenario-builders desision.

See the readme-file.

;)

See the readme-file.
You know i don´t read them ;)

Anyway, after reading it i find it 100% stupid.
So, if i lose 5 CITIES (FRANCE) BYE BYE SHIP BUILDING
I´m doomed. HOW THE HELL WILL I BE ABLE TO BUILD VESSELS TO MOVE TROOPS FROM MY COLONIES TO RECAPTURE FRANCE????
It´s impossible.

Guys, in my opinion this is nonsense, goes against civ2 playability and denies the progress of the colonies.
Seriously, i´m not sure if i´ll go on playing... i lose 5 cities and the game is over for me??? please... :rolleyes:

Really, i don´t like it. Too arbitrary in my opinion...

just go on playing

Well, when you read the readme, at least you will understand the rationale behind it, which sounds good to me.

I'm quite surprised you only find out after 40-odd turns :lol:

You have an ally in the game, so there is no need to quit all of a sudden, and you must have some cities that can build ships :confused: .

Come on Academia, don't give up now :cry: , you're not French, are you?

did I just say that?

Well, when you read the readme, at least you will understand the rationale behind it, which sounds good to me.
Thanx God i think different.

I'm quite surprised you only find out after 40-odd turns
I noticed that some improvements can´t be build. but not ships. it´s new to me. as i told you, i don´t read the readmes :o

Come on Academia, don't give up now , you're not French, are you?
Please, enough with that bull**** about the french. i´m an argie but i´m sick and tired of those jokes.
And no, i won´t give up.

BTW, nothing personal with you Germanos.

Top Bottom