IMPORTANT: Support page & New Fix for Radeon Cards

kca89 said:
Does this just fix issues of just being able to even play the game or lots of the graphical errors we see because if it fixes all graphical errors I wanna know if this works for Nvidia as well.

Can anyone give me an answer on this please lol?

JJColorado said:
Hi,

I'm unable to install Catalyst Mobility 5.10 for Windows XP drivers from ATI. I have a Dell XPS laptop with a 256MB Mobility Radeon 9800 card. On ATI's page Dell is not listed as a supported computer manufacturer. Also when I try to run the install executable it says something like thanks for your interest but the drivers can't be installed on your PC.

Does anyone know where to get the 5.10 drivers for Dell PC's?

If I go to Dell's site they will let me download the following driver but it does not seem to be the Catalyst 5.10 driver set:
ATI Mobility Radeon 9800, v.8.162-050803a2-025875C, A05

Help? Without this I can't follow the recommended fix above....

thanks!!!

I have an Inspiron 9100 with the exact same card. I'm using Dell's drivers that were dated around 9/4/05 or something like that. It worked for me. Give it a shot.

This WAS a Firaxis fix, and it did fix mine, and I had the whole enchilada of problems that nothing fixed regarding the failed renderer.

my art0.fpk is a folder not a file so i cant select it. is there something wrong?

Anyone able to help a brother get that fix, as the site is not loading for me. I don't know if its been hammered all day because of this or what, but its not loading for me.

~Well forgot I had a program running that blocks certain things *whistle* Got the files now, and setting things up.

THAT DID IT.. It works... You do need to remove the pak once you have extracted from it though otherwise it will not work.. AND FOLLOW the procedure exactly as stated.. This is so odd, I have 2 computers both with ATI cards and my desktop was the one with issues.. But damn whoever discovered this deserves a raise... TYVM :)

I heard the guys at Firaxis found it earlier today. Hurray for this fix! :D

clubbed_seal said:
Anyone able to help a brother get that fix, as the site is not loading for me. I don't know if its been hammered all day because of this or what, but its not loading for me.

New fix for the renderer error Support Apolyton, buy Galactic Civilizations

This fix has been tried for Inverse Icarus and Unimatrix, and got their games fully working, so everyone give it a try.

Requirements:

You have installed a retail version of Civ4, along with the DirectX update on the CD. You have installed the 5.10 ATI drivers.

Instructions:

1. Download, unzip and run http://apolyton.net/go.php?http://boa.apolyton.net/civ4/files/PakBuild.zip
2. From the menu, select PAK->Unpack.
3. Go to your Civ 4 Folder, Assets subdirectory (CivilizationIV\Assets), select the Art0.FPK file, click Open.
4. You'll be prompted to select an extraction folder, select CivilizationIV\Assets - same folder as above.
5. Wait. The program may appear to hang with the progress bar at 100%, but it will be done with unpacking in 2-5 minutes.
6. Move the Art0.FPK file out of your Assets folder so that Civ4 can't find it.
7. Run Civ4.

Please report your video card and whether this works for you.

Thanks!

Copied from http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=140859

Cha-CHING! Alright Sid, I take back all the death threats! I love you man. Nice meeting you guys!

looks like it's working for 99 percent of the radeon owners who use it

radeon 9550 and it worked perfectly!

YOT said:
my art0.fpk is a folder not a file so i cant select it. is there something wrong?

You select the ART FOLDER to unpack into.

Top Bottom