IMPORTANT: Support page & New Fix for Radeon Cards

So is this for the rendering issue on ATI cards? *crosses fingers* Cant wait to get home and try it out!!

OK that works insofar as Civ 4 now loads and I can start a game, however it now crashes to the desktop without fail when I hit Enter or click the button to end the first turn on any game.

Any ideas on this latest hurdle?

Titus Pullo said:
So, does this fix the graphical problems, (black terrain, missing leaderheads) or no?

From what I understand that's mainly a problem with cards not having T&L support, so probably not.

thanks for the link

Note that if this doesn't work (it didn't first time for me) try to rename your civilization 4 directory to the FIRST directory you installed it into. I called mine C:\CIV4 first then changed it to C:\CIVIV next time. Tryed the above fix and it initialized the engine but nothing more. After I renamed the directory to C:\CIV4 it worked.

Just got home from work... works for me also!!!! :D

I heard over at Apolyton it was a problem with ATI cards reading the size of the PAK file included with Civ 4. Hopefully they'll fix the problem and it won't happen for anyone else. :rolleyes:

I have a Nvidia G-Force FX 5200 card, that seems to be within the minimum, if not recommended requirements, but I've been having problems too. Do you think this fix would work on the Nvidia card as well? Or is this specific to the Radeon cards?

I know this must be easy, but I can't see the answer anywhere:

when I try to install, because of the driver problem with my Radeon 9200 card, it just says "The display driver is not compatible with the display adapters installed in your system". How do I install, and THEN implement this fix?

I'll be checking every minute for the answer, I want to start so bad! Thank you, thank you, in advance.

pakbuild does not work on 2000. called entry point AttachConsole in KERNAL32.dll only exists in XP & longhorn.

Willem said:
From what I understand that's mainly a problem with cards not having T&L support, so probably not.

Any idea if there's a fix for that? THis fix didn't work for us, but I think it's a T&L problem that we're having. We have a mobility radeon one step below 7500. Good thing it works on my desktop, or we'd be going crazy right now.

Just did all that stuff, restarting [just for good measure], will let you know if it works in 10...

I followed the above instructions and the game is now working on my Radeon X700 Pro!

Thank you very much for your help. :)

Top Bottom