1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved Water Yields **Summer 2017 Update** 3

This mod overhauls Harbor adjacency bonuses and Harbor building yields.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

thecrazyscot updated Improved Water Yields with a new update entry:

Update 1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I've added an update which provides further food buffs based on feedback. Plus I confirmed that all changes impact lake tiles as well.

3. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

This seems like it would make coastal cities half way decent, thanks for making this.

4. Bodin

Bodin Chieftain

Thanks for checking. I guess its conflicting with Civ 6 Improvements patch (since that's the only other one I tried at the time). My mistake.

Frankie17 likes this.
  5. Goodgimp

Goodgimp Warlord

Have you thought of extending (or creating a new) the mod to some other resources? I find the game's resources are anemic and boring overall. You want things like Luxuries, but only for the amenities. Seems to me that Markets should improve the gold income of these, or gain adjacency bonuses from them. Things like bananas and deer are also very blah.

Anyway, thanks for the mod! I was really disappointed to see how crappy coastal cities were in Civ6 and you've fixed that issue.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  6. Zamboni

Zamboni Chieftain

I can confirm that this patch conflicts with Civ 6 Improvements - the game kept crashing every time I tried to settle my first city.

Interestingly, the version I downloaded yesterday is the one that caused the crash; before i updated, both mods worked fine together. Now, however, even when I try to install the previous version, the game crashes every time.

Frankie17 likes this.
  7. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

You can just open the xml and delete everything to do with the harbour from the mod pack and they work fine

8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Yes, the problem is a conflict with the Civ 6 Improvements patch. Both of these mods give the harbor an adjacency bonus for being next to City Centers when only one of each of those entries is allowed. You can either delete the references to the harbor in the Civ 6 Improvements patch or delete the following lines from this mod:
    Code:
    <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_HARBOR" YieldChangeId="TCS_CityCenter_g2"/>
    <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD" YieldChangeId="TCS_CityCenter_g2"/>

That should resolve any issues AFAIK.

9. Zeusmoltar9

Zeusmoltar9 Chieftain

Did a spotlight for this mod. Includes a how to install and generally showing the mod working. Had a few issues with it working with some other mods most a districts mod i had installed but I'd choose this over other mods.

Overall I think this really improves the game, particularly later on in games where you can make up production in other ways because now you can actually reach the population to have more districts in your coastal cities.

Here is the video for anyone who wants to watch: Improved water yields

thanks thecrazyscot for this mod, we all appreciate your hard work!

thecrazyscot and Littlebob86 like this.
  10. superfula

superfula Chieftain

I'm still running into the same issue as the previous folks even with the two lines removed from this mod. I've pared everything down to just the two mods mentioned.

11. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

Hey, speaking of water, do you plan to add a small buff for oasis tiles ? I mean, building a city in desert back in previous civ, you were so happy finding oasis like if it was the real life, now oasis' are close to a normal tile which doesn't save your ass at all xD
    Am i thinkin wrong ? what do you think

12. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Well it does give fresh water, which is fantastic. But yes, Oasis in the middle of a desert doesn't help much (which seems fine to me).

I also don't see a change to Oases having anything to do with the scope of this mod.

13. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

One of Quo's mods gives an adjacency bonus of 2 food 1 gold to tiles surrounding them. You can give that a try.

Also, is anybody having issues with this mod post patch? When I start a game with this, the game says "Starting" then goes right back to the main menu. No crashes or anything. I figured it could be compatibility issues with Civ 6 Improvement Patch because I forgot to delete references to harbors and stuff in that mod, so I did that but the issue still was there. I started a game with only this mod and the issue was still there.

14. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I had the same issue.

15. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

i know i know... well oases is kinda water tile but i agree with you it's more a feature of a desert tile. Mostly i was just feeling sad about this xD and saw only one mod taking care of it (not compatible with mines)

Yes i tried it long time ago, i removed because it alters too much other things and conflict with 2 other of my mods. & that guy was right also about the hills strange op yields btw (in my opinion).

16. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Thanks for the post-patch bug reports...I'll look into those (have a little bit of time to troubleshoot today so hopefully I'll figure it out quickly).

17. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

@the343danny @Skaz881 Can you guys post your database log results? Located here: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs\Database.txt
    I've tried starting a game several times with this mod and it's worked fine both times, both alone and in conjunction with some of my other mods as well as UI mods.

@superfula Can you provide a log report as well? I don't think I'll be able to provide any additional help without it.

@Shiroifushicho This mod isn't really designed for land-based features :) I might consider a buff in my Buffed Resources mod though...do you want to post the suggestion in that thread so I can track it? (not somewhere I can track it now atm)

18. superfula

superfula Chieftain

The log is normal up until this...

Code:
    [2355284.915] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.

[2355290.471] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2355290.483] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
    [2355297.191] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [2355297.605] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [2355300.207] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [2355379.627] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2355379.627] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [2355383.497] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    [2355383.497] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    [2355383.497] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2355383.504] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on PolicyModifiers.PolicyType - "POLICY_NAVAL_INFRASTRUCTURE" does not exist in Policies
    [2355383.508] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.
    [2355383.530] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2355383.540] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
    [2355385.016] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2355385.016] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [2355394.838] [FullTextSearch]: FullTextSearch - Shutting down

The failure only occurs when running this mod and the Civ 6 Improvements Patch at the same time. Each work fine for me individually.

19. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

That's because they both edit the same stuff. Delete everything to do with harbours and water resources (it's in one xml on the improvement patch) and it'll work

20. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Ok, that's very helpful. You have two options here:

1. Delete the Naval Infrastructure policy from Improved Water Yields
    Spoiler Instructions :
    -Open \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\TCS Improved Water Yields\TCS_Improved_Water.xml
    -Find and delete this text:
    Code:
    <Row>
         <PolicyType>POLICY_NAVAL_INFRASTRUCTURE</PolicyType>
         <ModifierId>TCS_NAVALINFRASTRUCTURE_HARBORFOOD</ModifierId>
    </Row>

2. Re-enable the Naval Infrastructure policy in the Civ 6 Improvements Patch
    Spoiler Instructions :

-Open \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Civ 6 Improvements Patch\Policies.xml
    -Find and delete this text:
    Code:
    <Delete PolicyType="POLICY_NAVAL_INFRASTRUCTURE"/>

Also, like @Littlebob86 said, be sure to remove these lines from \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Civ 6 Improvements Patch\Districts.xml :
    Code:
    <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_HARBOR" YieldChangeId="District_Gold_City_Center"/>
    <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD" YieldChangeId="District_Gold_City_Center"/>
    and
    Code:
    <Row>
         <DistrictType>DISTRICT_HARBOR</DistrictType>
         <ModifierId>HARBOR_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
    </Row>
    <Row>
         <DistrictType>DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD</DistrictType>
         <ModifierId>ROYALDOCKYARD_EXTRACOASTALPRODUCTION_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
    </Row>