This mod overhauls how the Harbor and its buildings work.
The design philosophy behind this mod is threefold:
To that end, base terrain yields are unchanged. Rather, building the Harbor district immediately increases all sea terrain yields by 1 food. Further investment into the district is rewarded in more valuable resources and an additional terrain bonus.
- To make coastal cities or cities with many sea tiles more balanced.
- To reward careful district planning.
- To reward investment over time.
Ultimately, bare coast tiles will yield 3f/2g and ocean tiles will yield 3f/1g. Resources, on the other hand, will be very fertile. Bare sea tiles in this mod are not designed to be incredibly productive, but are balanced so that working them will still be a net gain. Well-placed harbors can provide extraordinarily large amounts of food, and well-balanced specialists can add just a bit of extra production to island cities.
Current Version: 1.3
- Harbor adjacency bonus: +2 food per adjacent sea resource and +2 gold for adjacent City Center
- Harbor district: +1 food to coast and ocean tiles when built.
- Lighthouse: +1 food to all sea resources.
- Shipyard: +1 gold to coast and ocean tiles and +1 food to all sea resources.
- Seaport: +1 food to coast and ocean tiles and +1 production to all sea resources.
- Harbor specialists: provide +1 food, +1 gold, and +1 production.
- Naval Infrastructure and Economic Union policies increase Harbor food adjacency bonus by 100% in addition to the gold adjacency bonus
- Lake tiles are effected as wellSpoiler Version History :
There is a disabled section of code which increases Coast terrain yields by 1 food. You can re-enable it by removing the <!-- and --> code around it. As of 1.2 this has been removed.
Comments and suggestions are welcome as I will continue to tweak this mod.
To install extract the contents of the zip file to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.
Compatibility with Civ 6 Improvements Patch
In order to play both with this and the Civ 6 Improvements Patch, follow the directions in this post
We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.Dismiss Notice
All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.Dismiss Notice
To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Attention Modders! Please check out this thread about adding resource and linking discussion thread in our new Resource Manager.Dismiss Notice
Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.Dismiss Notice
Improved Water Yields 1.3
This mod overhauls Harbor adjacency bonuses and Harbor building yields.