Available on the Steam Workshop
This mod overhauls how the Harbor and its buildings work.
The design philosophy behind this mod is threefold:
To that end, base terrain yields are unchanged. Rather, building the Harbor district immediately increases all sea terrain yields by 1 food. Further investment into the district is rewarded in more valuable resources and an additional terrain bonus.
- To make coastal cities or cities with many sea tiles more balanced.
- To reward careful district planning.
- To reward investment over time.
Ultimately, bare coast tiles will yield 3f/2g and ocean tiles will yield 3f/1g. Resources, on the other hand, will be very fertile. Bare sea tiles in this mod are not designed to be incredibly productive, but are balanced so that working them will still be a net gain. Well-placed harbors can provide extraordinarily large amounts of food, and well-balanced specialists can add just a bit of extra production to island cities.
Harbor Adjacency Bonus
- +2 food and +1 gold per adjacent City Center, +1 food and +1 gold per adjacent sea resource
These changes replace all prior building yields.
- Lighthouse: +1 food to all sea resources
- Shipyard: production equal to Harbor adjacency bonus, +1 gold to coast and ocean tiles
- Seaport: +1 food to coast and ocean tiles, +1 production to all sea resources
- Harbor Specialists: provide +1 food, +1 gold, and +1 production
- Naval Infrastructure and Economic Union policies increase both the Harbor food and gold adjacency bonuses by 100%
- Cartography now increases Fishing Boat gold by +1 instead of +2
Compatible with the Summer 2017 Update
Fish Farms is compatible with this mod. Several changes are made to Fish Farms if both mods are activated:
- Fishing Boats no longer gain adjacency bonuses
- The additional Harbor gold adjacency bonus is removed
- The additional trade route gold bonus from Harbors is reduced from 2 to 1
To install extract the contents of the zip file to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.
We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.Dismiss Notice
All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.Dismiss Notice
To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Attention Modders! Please check out this thread about adding resource and linking discussion thread in our new Resource Manager.Dismiss Notice
Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.Dismiss Notice
Improved Water Yields 3
This mod overhauls Harbor adjacency bonuses and Harbor building yields.