Available on the Steam Workshop
This mod overhauls how the Harbor and its buildings work.
The design philosophy behind this mod is threefold:
To that end, base terrain yields are unchanged. Rather, building the Harbor district immediately increases all sea terrain yields by 1 food. Further investment into the district is rewarded in more valuable resources and an additional terrain bonus.
- To make coastal cities or cities with many sea tiles more balanced.
- To reward careful district planning.
- To reward investment over time.
Ultimately, bare coast tiles will yield 3f/2g and ocean tiles will yield 3f/1g. Resources, on the other hand, will be very fertile. Bare sea tiles in this mod are not designed to be incredibly productive, but are balanced so that working them will still be a net gain. Well-placed harbors can provide extraordinarily large amounts of food, and well-balanced specialists can add just a bit of extra production to island cities.
Harbor Adjacency Bonus
- +2 food and +1 gold per adjacent City Center, +1 food and +1 gold per adjacent sea resource
These changes replace all prior building yields.
- Lighthouse: +1 food to all sea resources
- Shipyard: production equal to Harbor adjacency bonus, +1 gold to coast and ocean tiles
- Seaport: +1 food to coast and ocean tiles, +1 production to all sea resources
- Harbor Specialists: provide +1 food, +1 gold, and +1 production
- Naval Infrastructure and Economic Union policies increase both the Harbor food and gold adjacency bonuses by 100%
- Cartography now increases Fishing Boat gold by +1 instead of +2
Compatible with the Summer 2017 Update
Fish Farms is compatible with this mod. Several changes are made to Fish Farms if both mods are activated:
- Fishing Boats no longer gain adjacency bonuses
- The additional Harbor gold adjacency bonus is removed
- The additional trade route gold bonus from Harbors is reduced from 2 to 1
To install extract the contents of the zip file to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.
Improved Water Yields 3
This mod overhauls Harbor adjacency bonuses and Harbor building yields.