Improvements help?

Quinzy

Deity
I would like if anyone has some suggestions for unique buildings for some civs of mine.

They can be from any era or time-period, and should not be unique to just one place, as in, something that would be built in many towns historically, not just one occurance. :)

I have 10-15 slots to fill, with the following civs in this group:
England, France, Germany, Scandanavia, Spain, Austria, Russia, Poland, Romania, and Italy. Therefore, 5 extra slots, so some civs may have extra buildings.

So far I have:

Amphitheatre, Era 1, Italy
Roman Aqueduct, Era 1, Italy
Storytellers House, Era 1, England, France, Spain, Scandanavia, Austria, Germany
Dacian Wall, Era 1, Romania
Nuclear Power Station, Era 4, England, France, Spain, Scandanavia, Germany, Russia
Stave Church , Era 2, Scandinavia
Bullfight Arena, Era 2, Spain
Motte-and-bailey, Era 1, England and France
Rathaus, Era 2, Germany, Austria
Gypsy Camp, Era 2, Romania, Poland, Russia
Gulag, Era 4, Poland, Russia

I got a few suggestions, there are available graphics for all of these.

Stave Church Era 2, Scandinavia
Bullfight Arena Era 2, Spain
Motte-and-bailey Era 1, England and France

Many places have some kind of civic hall - I'm blanking out on what it's called in the Germanic countries right now. A place where city & merchant councils (City Fathers) meet & public discussions are held. It's also the rally point for Night Watches & civil guards.

If you can remember it, that would be great! I can add it for the Germans and Scandanavians then I'm guessing?

If you can remember it, that would be great! I can add it for the Germans and Scandanavians then I'm guessing?
I might be off on the spelling, but it's called a Rathhaus. I'm aware of them in Germany, Switzerland, Austria & Netherlands - going back to Medieval era up through 19th & early 20th c. I haven't been to Scandinavia; maybe one of our Vikings can speak to it.

"Rathaus" is German for city hall

If you're looking for wonders to add, then you can get St. Basil's Cathedral for Russia, and The Roman forum.

Yes Rathaus is the correct spelling. But it's just a city hall, they have them in all countries, no?

They do, yes, however, it is as good a selection as any really, as I still have 6 slots left to fill. I would like some Poland/Russia ideas, i'm running short on those. Perhaps some Eastern Bloc ideas? Like a Sovkhoz or a Kolkhoz? Or maybe just a Khoz, and mention both in the civpedia? Or even have it so that one replaces the other with the replaces flag, and have it like a factory? Although I wish to keep the replaces flag for something else (although what i'm not sure)

Another possibility, especially for E. European nations, would be a Roma or Gypsy Camp, which would make people happy or something like that... That way you could reflect the importance of roving Gypsies during Medieval Europe.

It would act like a market place I'm guessing? :)

Like a marketplace that adds 1 happy face.... Gypsie camps were places where people not only traded/bought & sold stuff, but also went for entertainment (singing & dancing) as well as to get their fortunes read... They were sorta like a modern-day fair...

Hurray then! Thank you all, I think that might be all for that culture group. I'll post info on what I'm looking for with the next group later :)

Okay, I'm looking for one Era 3 (1800AD-1950AD) Improvement for the European group, and I'm looking for two Era 3 for Mexico, Guatemala or Peru, and three Era 4 for the same civs.

Just one wonder for Europe in that era? Eiffel Tower springs to my mind.

Top Bottom