Improving Autocracy.

To those saying that Futurism needs a buff, I think you are wrong. It is not meant to get you to a Culture Victory, but rather keep the other pressures off your back.

I agree, but therein lies the problem with Autocracy being labeled as beneficial for Culture Victories. Neither of its tourism bonuses do anything to change your CV outcome. And if you were already heading toward a CV win you probably would have taken freedom. Autocracy should just have a tech/spaceship bonus, rockets after all.

I do have to say, though Autocracy is a little underrated by the OP, it probably does need a better and more direct carrot for culture players.

Actually I'm starting to think most of the people praising Prora must be playing tradition starts. It's not a super easy wonder to get without an engineer, since shoreline cities aren't always super productive and flight is the default AI beeline. I've only hit it on 50% of my Autocracy (Immortal) games.

Nope. I often use it while doing a Liberty domination game on Continents. But I often have a strong coastal production city in those games in order to churn out an all-important navy. Really, once a seaport is in on a coastal city with a few resources, its production is manageable.

Grumble grumble the Order wonder should have been the Buzludzha Monument and should have awarded an internal trade route bonus

The Order wonder was the Motherland Calls before the legal department realized any depiction of the statue is subject to copyright. I suspect it would have had the same benefit as the Kremlin does now. Instead, the Red Fort was added in and given the Kremlin's old ability, and the Kremlin was moved into Order.

I'm aware of that. That doesn't really change the fact that the Kremlin was more of a symbol of the autocratic Tsars that predated the USSR and actually built the damn thing.

I also think that the Autocracy wonder should have been The Valley of the Fallen rather than a half-finished glorified Holiday Inn but that's another issue entirely.

I don't really mind the lack of direct bonuses for culture in Autocracy because the tree assumes that anyone that you are going to have a hard time overcoming with culture is on your "wipe off the face of the planet and steal their great works" list. If Autocracy got something that was strong enough where you could beat the culture leader without killing him/her then we've lost the spirit of the ideology.

Top Bottom