Improving the Garrison in Fox's Nest

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
I am very concerned about the welfare of our beloved capital city. Imagine a force of swordsmen, about 5 or 6 strong showing up on our southern border. Fox's Nest would fall, our work on the Great Library would be destroyed, and our pride would be devastated. We have several enemies to the south, and all of them are certainly sending something to attack us. We need at least one more spearman there, as well as an immortal (if not two) to keep our territory from being pillaged. Eyr should be switched to a spearman immediately, and then possibly an immortal to reinforce our garrison there. In my opinion, the offensive against the Americans is less important than the defense of our capital.

I totally agree with you eyrei, we cannot not risk losing our dedicated work on the Great Library.

And besides that, our capitol is named after our well respected president. What would happen if we lose this city.....
I agree with the "spearman from Eyr"-solution, but this is only a temporary solution. The main thing we need right now, is veteran units. Both on our southern front and our northern front. Don't let the american anhilination be an obsession to us.

We are at war with almost the whole world!!!

As Mayor of Fox Nest I am very glad to hear that there is concern for our capitol! Yes, Eyr should switch immediately to spearman for temporary service in the capitol. There is an immortal currently guarding Pherris. That city's speaman will be complete in two turns releasing the immortal for duty elsewhere. I suggest it be transferred to the Fox Nest area - it can reach Fox nest in 7 turns.

We have six immortals that will take Philadelphia in 4 turns. there's an extra spear in Civanatoria that can garrison Philly so all the immortals can move on. A good force to use against America. Another immortal will be ready in PDX in 2 turns it can be in Fox Nest in 4 turns after being built. Shailonegha's workers can be rearranged so that a warrior is produced every two turns. It just so happens we make enough money to upgrade a warrior every two turns. That city will provide enough immortals for defending Fox Nest and crushing America!

Do not forget though that we must settle the NW to clear it of barbarians!

I agree on the transfer of the immortal: it can be used for pre-emptive strike if necessary.
I disagree on the matter of Eyr switching to the production of spearman, as I've stressed before in another thread due to the importance of veteran units.

Also, I'm not very happy with this discussion held over multiple threads: this one, the GW thread and possibly the MD thread. But that's on a side notice.

The immortal in Pherris can't reach Fox Nest for 7 turns. A spearman can be made in Eyr in 3 and be in the capitol in two more. Also, after the spearman is built in Eyr it can make a settler in 6 turns for the NW to help keep barbarian activity down. Building a barracks building the barracks would take seven turns before we could build anything else. Whipping the barracks reduces Eyr's population back to one putting off a settler even farther.

If Eyr does not make a settler for the NW which city will?

This means that we need to defeat Americans before anyone attacks us from the south, and then attack our Southern Friends.

Originally posted by das
This means that we need to defeat Americans before anyone attacks us from the south, and then attack our Southern Friends.

I wish this was possible. I have a bad feeling that our southern enemies are getting close. We have even encountered some of their advance force.

People!

I have heard the cries of the women when walking down the streets, I have seen children shiver. All because they feel unprotected, and defenseless. I know my people would defend there city to their own bitter end, and I know they would set up a pretty good resistance. But our people need Heavily trained defenders. Even though myself and my own bare hands would set up a pretty good fight against the enemy!

The question is, do we want poorly trained troops now? Or better trained troops later?

Eÿr will complete it's barracks in less then 7 Turns if I remember correctly. And it will be able to produce a spearman pretty fast after that.

Maybe it's better to produce a Spearman now, I don't know. What if we loose the city because it has poorly trained defenders?

So what is the general thought about the Barrack?

I want the barracks, but think it would be prudent to build one spearman first.

Perhaps we should hera what the Military Leader thinks about this situation. Frankly I would rather have a regular spearman in five turns. I do not think that Fox nest needs three defenders in the long run but they do now! let us borrow what ever you can come up with quick and you can have it back when our glorious immortals push south!

I would also appreciate it if the government would consider opening up the northwest territory to settlement so as to reduce the barbarian activity originating there. I forsee Fox Nest growing and growing and the people will soon become unhappy due to crowding. Some luxuries - like incense - would help to keep the people happy. Barbarians have delayed the bringing of incense into Fox Nest.

As mayor of Fox Nest I would dearly like to know our Military Leader's position on these suggestions.

donsig, isn't Fox's Nest at it's max (6) and even if it wasn't, you could always redistribute production to prevent further growth and crowding.

Anyway... I'm not sure about Charis' opinion but I think Fox's Nest can take Rome's attack, but I am tempted to have the Spearman in Eyr to make a temporary Garrison of Fox's Nest while the attack approaches.

Fox Nest is size 6 but I seem to recall Grey Fox saying it can grow because it is on a lake. I took this to mean it can grow without an aqueduct but he may only have meant that it has a source of fresh water for irrigation. I must confess that I do not know if Fox Nest will have to have an aqueduct to grow past size 6. Someone must know -care to fill us in? As for redistributing the workers to cut growth - I'm not sure how the national government would look at this. If Fox nest can grow I think they want it to.

I did not suggest moving the Eyr spearman down temporarily because of the recent barbarian troubles up in the northwest territory. It would be bad to leave Eyr empty and have our treasury plundered by barbarians!

Top Bottom