In depth look at the WBS file

@Fachy: It's not in the wbs, it's in the XML

@Dale:
Nevermind, I already found th solution to my problem, it's also in the xml.

Fachy said:
I've been trying very hard to find WHERE to store WBS info for a scenario. So for example, I decide to make a scenario (with no specific map) where I'm using the realistic-religions mod, and I decide to make the turn = 1 season...

It seems impossible to do that without entering world builder from the game (AFTER intializing a new game using the religions mod) and creating a WBS file then editing it!

But I know it isn't impossible coz for instance the Desert War mod doesn't use any WBS files (which I can see), they just have the normal editted xml files in the Mod folder, and yet their turns is not 1 year! :confused: :confused:

Desert War's WBS file is in the PublicMaps folder.

Dale

Junx, it's not in the xml.. only its DEFINITION is there, but you can't make a game running by months just by editting xml

Dale, you're right. So it's true: you can't make the turn by-seasons unless you reveal the whole map, and have a friend do that so you don't see it :D

Dale said:
MPOption= the selected multi-player options in the scenario. These options are defined in CIV4MPOptionInfos.xml and as per Options= you can have any number in your scenario. Default is no options specified.

hm how´s that going? that looks like the usual options ported to multiplayer (always war etc.) Do you know how that works?

<!--MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS-->
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MP_OPTION_SIMULTANEOUS_TURNS</Tag>
<English>Simultaneous Turns</English>
<French>Tours simultan&#233;s</French>
<German>Simultanrunden</German>
<Italian>Turni simultanei</Italian>
<Spanish>Turnos simult&#225;neos</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MP_OPTION_TAKEOVER_AI</Tag>
<English>Take over AI</English>
<French>Prendre contr&#244;le IA</French>
<German>KI &#252;bernehmen</German>
<Italian>Prendi il controllo della IA</Italian>
<Spanish>IA de relevo</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MP_OPTION_DOUBLE_CITY_ELIMINATION</Tag>
<English>Double City Elimination</English>
<French>Elimination de deux ville</French>
<German>Zweifache Stadteliminierung</German>
<Italian>Eliminazione citt&#224; doppia</Italian>
<Spanish>Eliminaci&#243;n de ciudades duplicadas</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MP_OPTION_ALWAYS_PEACE</Tag>
<English>Always Peace</English>
<French>Paix constante</French>
<German>Immer Frieden</German>
<Italian>Sempre in pace</Italian>
<Spanish>Siempre en paz</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MP_OPTION_TURN_TIMER</Tag>
<English>Turn Timer</English>
<French>Chrono tour</French>
<German>Rundenz&#228;hler</German>
<Italian>Timer del turno</Italian>
<Spanish>Contador del turno</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MP_OPTION_100_TURN_LIMIT</Tag>
<English>100 Turn Limit</English>
<French>Limite de 100 tours</French>
<German>100-Runden-Limit</German>
<Italian>Limite di 100 turni</Italian>
<Spanish>L&#237;mite de 100 turnos</Spanish>
</TEXT>

*Shoots himself* I editted the WBS file to use seasons, and it did so alright, but it's using 1 season/turn!! Shouldn't it be using the number of seasons in the increment game speed xml? (aka 40 seasons for the first bla bla turns then 25 seasons..etc)?

Fachy:

Anything you put into the WBS over-rides the xml. So it will by design do 1 season per turn.

Dale

You mean there's noway to have the "default" in the WBS act as seasons?? :cry:

Dale said:
Okay, the calendar entries:

- DEFAULT: Hardcoded. You can't change this one.
- YEARS: Hardcoded. Actually just converts the gameturn to a date in the display.
- MONTHS: Civ4BasicInfos.xml
- SEASONS: Civ4BasicInfos.xml

You can create a custom calendar too by defining it in Civ4BasicInfos.xml same as MONTHS or SEASONS. I created a custom calendar for my Age of Discovery scenario where there's only Summer and Winter. I defined it through Civ4BasicInfos.xml.

Dale

This is quite interesting as I haven't noticed / wasn't even aware that there were/are seasons or seasonal changes. Does this have any actual effect on game play?

Ive created a good map, but I dont want to use the civilisations that are now saved in it.
How can I save the map out of WBS to use as a default map ( a .py file?)
as when i start a game of civ from the main menu, ie not with pre-set civs, but as if you were starting on a random map?

For some strange reason, StartigX and StartingY don't seem to work when defined in each player's info.

Sorry if my question is too basic, if is not for this forum, please advise. :)

Please, I would like to change the Calendar, because I think the game should have more turns (around 1000), and the years distance between turns should be smaller, instead of 40 years, 20 years, 10 years etc. till 2050 (as time goes by).

Thanks,
Radoico

@Radoico: You can do that from the CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml in the folder ...\Assets\XML\GameInfo :cool:

Code:
	BeginCity
		CityOwner=AAAA
		CityName=BBBB
		CityPopulation=CCCC
		ProductionUnit=DDDD
		ProductionBuilding=EEEE
		ProductionProject=FFFF
		ProductionProcess=GGGG
		BuildingType=HHHH
		ReligionType=IIII
		HolyCityReligionType=JJJJ
		ScriptData=KKKK
		PlayerLLLLCulture=MMMM
	EndCity

Isn't something missing there, something like CityCulture attribute?
I realized that during making of my own editor for Civ4. As long as I followed this guide carefully, I didn't implement this city "attribute" and program kept crashing due to CityCulture string in wbs file which couldn't be recognized.
So is this the only one thing or any more are missing???

Thanx...

Any wasy you could make me an WBS file (does not need to include map portion) that is a 4 player game with specific starting locations i.e. each player has all blank information except for the start x and y?

I am having problems modifying the WBS file of a map I made - it does not seem to accept the changes.

Appreciate any help.

Like Civ.

I have problem with leaderheads

if i describe players on the map as follows:

BeginPlayer
LeaderType=LEADER_QIN_SHI_HUANG
CivType=CIVILIZATION_CHINA
Team=2
StartingX=22,
StartingY=60
EndPlayer

When i start new game i can't choose Mao to play. i may play only with Huang

when i type it as none for all players, for example:
BeginPlayer
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Team=2
StartingX=22,
StartingY=60
EndPlayer

I may choose Mao or Qin Shi Hang
but he doesn't start in desire location
and other players are other then i want or starting in bed locations

What should i'll do to solve this problem? could anyone tell me how i should write lines of code in the map to have the option to choose wich leaderhead i wan't to play, but not to start in bad loication.
it's very important to fix it ;( sorry for my bad english

PLayer 0 Starting Location

BeginPlot
x=14,y=15
TerrainType=TERRAIN_GRASS
PlotType=2
BeginUnit
UnitType=UNIT_SETTLER, UnitOwner=0
Damage=0
Level=1, Experience=0
UnitAIType=UNITAI_SETTLE
EndUnit
TeamReveal=0,
EndPlot

Player 3 Starting Location:

BeginPlot
x=29,y=36
RiverNSDirection=2
isWOfRiver
TerrainType=TERRAIN_GRASS
PlotType=2
BeginUnit
UnitType=UNIT_ARCHER, UnitOwner=3
Damage=0
Level=1, Experience=0
UnitAIType=UNITAI_CITY_DEFENSE
EndUnit
BeginUnit
UnitType=UNIT_ARCHER, UnitOwner=3
Damage=0
Level=1, Experience=0
UnitAIType=UNITAI_EXPLORE
EndUnit
BeginUnit
UnitType=UNIT_WORKER, UnitOwner=3
Damage=0
Level=1, Experience=0
UnitAIType=UNITAI_WORKER
EndUnit
BeginUnit
UnitType=UNIT_SETTLER, UnitOwner=3
Damage=0
Level=1, Experience=0
UnitAIType=UNITAI_SETTLE
EndUnit
TeamReveal=3,
EndPlot

As was mentioned above (By Dale I think), you need to put the starting locations in the WBS file in the plots section. I cut and paste this one out of a sample file, so I think this will work.

Like Civ.

OKay - Still can't get this working - thought I was onto something when I finally understood Dale's comments about starting locations in the plots section.

Any comments anyone - this is what I am doing:
I want to customize a MP map with fixed starting locations, but player gets to choose the leader.

I start a single player game with 4 players (me and 3 Ai's), customize the map the way I want to, save the WBS file in the Public maps section, and then use notepad to reset all of the players to blank.

Keeps seeming to crash Civ.

Arghh! Am I missing something (besides a brain?)

LikeCiv

OK But when i'll put starting locations in plots section, probably it will put random leaders in random locations. I'll test it, but i think it will give me for example Aztecs in China, Where i don't want Aztecs at game at all

I read this topic again and i found answer for this problem. Now i know it's rather impossible but if anyone would discover how to write it it would be usefull, thx for info in wbs it was veryusefull

LikeCiv-> maybe we will found magic code to fix it :) thx for your advice and attention

Top Bottom