"In the Beginning..."

Shadowstrike

Warlord
I'm curious about when the 'In the beginning' sequence (the one that's the exact same text as from the original Civilization) appears. I get a nostalgic kick out of it, but I'm never certain when it's going to pop up. Anyone know about this?

Are you talking about the first few lines of Genesis? That's quoted in what, Civ2?

The producers also conveniently removed the referances to God...

"In the beginning, [God created the heaven and earth, and the] earth was without form, and void..."

Using the "Play Now!" menu feature?

I don't think I ever have it play when I use "custom game".

It's not random, you have to be using play now with the unmodded game and not have clicked through any of the pre-menu movies (you have to watch the nvidia movie, the graphic that comes after it, and the intro movie completely). This is with BtS - Warlords and vanilla don't have these restrictions, but I'm pretty sure that you still have to go through play now.

It does appear in custom games, and it does not appear if you skip some of the movies. You can skip at least the last one. I don't know about others, but they are short so you can just wait this 2 or so minutes, if you want to hear: "In the beggining...".
I'm absolutely sure about all that, because that's what I'm doing when I want to watch it.

You get it when you start a game and it is generating the map. If you don't hit the start button when the map generates it will go into that...

You get it when you start a game and it is generating the map. If you don't hit the start button when the map generates it will go into that...

yep, I believe this is correct... it starts up when the map is loading. If you wait without hitting start game or whatever you'll hear it.

This is about the time some punk kid asks "Who's Leonard Nimoy?". :sad:

Who's Leonard Nimoy? :confused:
I know that you were the little kid from the cave down the cliff face when I was growing up, but even I know who Leonard Nimoy is. :p

Top Bottom