In the US Gamestop/EB Games says

Pharmtekbobby

Chieftain
After you ask them for "Civilization 4: beyond The Sword", their usual response is "What?", and then you say it a little slower, they respond with "lemme check..." and then say "No, ah, it got ah pushed back till uh july 24th" Anyone in the state of Florida get it yet?

The US release date is July 23rd, so try checking a different store on Monday.
(No idea why we're getting the game after Australia and Europe, but it's no big deal to me)

The US release date is July 23rd, so try checking a different store on Monday.
(No idea why we're getting the game after Australia and Europe, but it's no big deal to me)

BUT REMEMBER PEOPLE:

Release Date != Date at Store!

Unless it really is some hyped event like the release of a new console system and the stores are just made to wait until a certain street date to bring them up front, the release date is the day it SHIPS OUT to the stores.

yeah...dunno why it is so hard for people to understand that.

Release date is the shipping date...stores start receiving it anywhere from the next day to 3-4 days later. I can't tell you how many times it's bugged me when people complain about us not having a game on its 'release' date.

Its even better when they argue that I'm wrong about this...cause obviously I don't want to sell them their game :crazyeye:

yeah...dunno why it is so hard for people to understand that.

Release date is the shipping date...stores start receiving it anywhere from the next day to 3-4 days later. I can't tell you how many times it's bugged me when people complain about us not having a game on its 'release' date.

Its even better when they argue that I'm wrong about this...cause obviously I don't want to sell them their game :crazyeye:

Yeah, we all know its just that the employees have snagged up all of the copies and are selling the few that would have been left over Ebay! :lol:

Who the hell buys new games at EB/Gamestop anymore? Amazon + Patience = $$$

Who the hell agonizes over a trivial $5-10 when it comes to getting something they want now? I'm glad I don't have to fret over that kind of petty cash. I use Amazon all the time but not when I want something NOW - unless it's something that you just can't find at normal retails stores (ie, semi-rare CDs or books that most places would have to order for you anyways).

I don't preorder either, and almost never use EB/Gamestop, both of which are usually on the high end for cost ($5-10 is trivial but there's no need to be completely stupid when there are other options in every direction), and both of which might have 1-2 copies of any given PC game outside of preordered copies, if you're lucky.

Here in Phoenix there's so much retail that it's easy to get anything new the moment it's available. I'll take a short break from work on Tuesday afternoon and I'm sure I'll have BTS within 5-10 minutes, even if I have to visit more than one store (doubtful, Frys usually comes thru and it's close to my office).

:lol: FOOL! If you don't have the patience, your idea is worthless.

No, I take that back, it's not worthless: it's worth nothing. ;)

With all of the provoking pictures & pages of promotion for this piece of programming, I journeyed to my local EB Games - with hope & anticipation - where my pre-ordered copy of BtS is destined to arrive.

Alas, today wasn't the day. To add insult, the date was changed to the 24th from my originally anticipated date of the 23rd.

Crapola.

This is in Canada.

My issue is that I now live 25miles from the mall. So thats about 2gallons of gas round trip. If they don't have it, that means more driving. (Either to another location or back another day). There is a Walmart closer, but their selection sucks. Most stores don't seem to have much space for PC games. And I hate dealing with the "generic pimple-face kid from the Simpsons" who works in those departments. Plus I have to step over all the people playing the in-store demos.

It is much easier for me to buy on-line from Amazon. I save gas and don't have to deal with idiots.

Another bonus is no sales tax and free shipping.

The wait is not a big deal. I can only play on weekends, if there is nothing else going on. (And a chunk of my free time would be used up by going to the mall to get the game and not the actual playing of the game...)

:lol: FOOL! If you don't have the patience, your idea is worthless.

No, I take that back, it's not worthless: it's worth nothing. ;)

Good points, all. Let me see ...

Amazon + Patience
or
Walmart - [M, AO]
or
Bestbuy + Tolerance
=
$$$

The problem with Gamestop/EB (outside of being glorified pawnshops -- and I worked in one, so I'm free to criticize) is that they're almost all mall stores. Mall stores are pretty much always more expensive than big box stores.

Personally, I've never been a big fan of 'wanting something now' (he says while nervously clutching his Harry Potter prepurchase slip). Then again, I am the guy who still hasn't gotten around to playing Castlevania: SOTN for the PS1.

In my city, Gamestop tends to be the same price as everyone else...considering I run a GameRush(that's a Blockbuster owned game store, same as other game stores except no PC and you can rent games), I pay close attention to the prices at other places...and Gamestops pretty much have the same prices as anywhere else does in my city.

I prefer the EBGames stores because for some reason the legacy employees there aren't as ignorant about things as the Gamestop trained ones, but other than that...I'm quite happy getting my game at any store.

I'm trying to figure out why some of you are hounding the game stores for the game if the release date isn't until next Tuesday. and like it's been said, that's only the release date, so it could be a few days after that until the stores actually get the shipments.

That's what he said, != means not equal to.

Anyway, I don't care if it arrives a day later than the release date, you can wait another day like you've been waiting for over six months. I just reserved a copy so I'm good. :D

No, becuase some people ARE getting earlier than the release and ship date in the US...that's why

After you ask them for "Civilization 4: beyond The Sword", their usual response is "What?",

hahah yeah, I remember when civ4 came out and I went to Walmart in canada, and I asked "do you have Civilization IV?", and I was met with "Civilization for what?" :crazyeye:

Narmox.

Top Bottom