1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Inca

Discussion in 'Leader Balance' started by Damirith, May 13, 2015.

1. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Prince

I reluctantly agree that a very early unit with Logistics is probably destined to be broken: even if we weaken it, after upgrade it'll still be a monster. Even more so when, in the Inca case, it can use mountains for easier line of sight for shooting.

2. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Yes, even if you change it so it loses logistics after upgrade, it'll still be extremely strong after upgrade because of the gained promotions. I'm usually able to get my Slingers to get four promotions very quickly.

3. cerk

cerk Chieftain

So use logistics to get logistics?

4. SupTo

SupTo Chieftain

I agree the logistics is overpowered as well. I normally play on Emperor, but can win deity extremely easy as the Inca. Units with logistics one tech away are in no way balanced

5. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Cerk, yes, you can set up your slingers to get logistics (if it were lost on upgrade) or you can go the route of range/indirect fire as your 4th/5th promotion.

6. ridjack

ridjack King

I actually commented about this recently in the previous patch thread. Yeah, the Slingers are straight-up stupid. Turn 100 on Emperor, four capitals captured. Easiest game of my life.

Makes sense, since I usually capture my first capital with four Archers and a Pathfinder.

7. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

I've been thinking how to possibly change Slingers. I would propose removing the logisitcs and withdraw from melee promotions and give it a Slinger version of the March promotion, along the lines of "unit heals additional ___ hit points if it ends the turn on a mountain or hill tile, -10% CS when defending", promotion retained on upgrade.

8. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I was actually thinking of giving the Slingers something a bit more unique...what if we do something a bit weird with Slingers, give them a promotion that inflicts enemy units with the 'Dazed' status, reducing their CS/RCS by 10%? Or something along those lines? We don't do many status effects on land units.

G

9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

you could use a similar promotion to the boarding party line that reduces speed, and call it “entanglement”. Aka the classic bola wrapped around your legs kind of the thing

10. saamohod

saamohod Prince

I hope the debuff is not going to be permanent. It would be awkward to have a tank who is still dazed by that contact with Incas long ago when he was a horseman.

11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

if you are going to add ranged attacks as valid plague-placers, I’m gonna have a field day.

so much stuff I can move over into that system. Very excited.

Blue Ghost likes this.
  12. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

XCOM units get quantum entanglement?

G

Blue Ghost likes this.
  13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Considering how far they move, it feels like they have that ;)

14. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Since land units have so few movement points, reducing even one is deadly.

-10% CS/RCS seems good since it gets weaker by era when enemies get more promotions, but Dazed sounds weird when it works on tanks.

15. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

If your going plague placers, its probably best not to let it upgrade.

16. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

You should take some screenshots next time. I usually hold off until I get spearmen or horsemen first on the rare occasion of early aggression

17. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

18. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Sorry I meant specifically really powerful ones like reducing movement, as that can be an exceptionally powerful ability. General plague throwers could be ok with upgrades...potentially.

19. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

CS/RCS debuffs become weaker over time so they're perfectly ok to stay on upgrade.

Logistics, however, become stronger over time due to -30% mattering less with promotions.

20. Earf

Earf Chieftain

yea! Get rid of Inca slinger double attack! How about replacing it with if slinger hits an enemy unit, when player tries to move affected unit, it will move in a random direction :crazyeye:. And if that random direction leads into a friendly unit, it attacks it! Just throwing out ideas.