Info Addict

Could you please add the scale for the y-axis of the plot so it's easier to read? Would really appreciate it. Thanks for making the game more like it should be :)

I actually had the code in there for a y-axis originally but it was taking too much space away from the main graphing area. I have a few ideas to make that less of an issue so I'll add this to my list o' things to do.

I just uploaded v3 of Info Addict with the changes below. I've updated the OP with the new info also.

• Tracking 5 more types of historical data: Gross income (GNP), land area, production, crop yield & population.
  • Added page selectors at the bottom of the historical data panel to handle the extra data categories.
  • Dead civs now report 0 in every category. It doesn't make much sense for a dead civ to have +5 gold per turn.
  • "No Data Yet" and "Not Implemeted Yet" messages are centered properly now.
  • Fixed Y-Axis scaling when historical graph resolution is being lowered.
  • Clicking on "Historical Data" or "World Factbook" in the top menu bar forces a refresh of the left bar menus.
  • Added the world fact book panel.
  • Added the InfoAddictReadMe.txt file in the main mod directory.
  • Updated description for cleaner look (I hope).

Please note that if you're in the middle of a saved game and update the mod, the new data types will start collecting at the turn you updated the mod. In the historical graph, all civs will show a zero value until that turn. For new games, everything should look fine.

I'll update the OP with new screenshots and a downloadable package for those of you who can't use the standard mod browser soon.

A great modder making a great mod bringing a great feature back. I hope to see bullets points and bullet points of items in your ToDo list, because they've all turned out superb so far! Could you, by any chance, do something about the colors? A graph with all Ottoman, Greece and Japan on is relatively confusing, them all being white and stuff...

Also, is there any way to make it so that new versions do not make existing games incompatible? It's relatively frustrating for players that like long games, including my self.

Also, is there any way to make it so that new versions do not make existing games incompatible? It's relatively frustrating for players that like long games, including my self.

Yipes, that's not supposed to be happening. :eek:

I just went back to my saved games and they seem fine but one game I started last night seems to be doing that too. I'll have to figure out what's going on there.

I went back and looked at my older saves and they seem to load fine. The one game that wouldn't load didn't have any mod info in it for some reason but I was doing a lot of testing last night and I wouldn't be surprised if I did something weird when starting up that particular game.

kris, can you send me your save file in a PM? I don't know if I can so anything to fix that but I'm curious to see if it has any reference to InfoAddict in it.

Also, check your mods directory and see if there's a folder called "aec5d10d-f00f-4fc7-b330-c3a1e86c91c3". I noticed that upgrading without deleting the original v2 mod (or something like that) causes two versions of the mod to be on the system at once and that might cause problems. When I saw that, I deleted the "aec5d ..." folder & the main InfoAddict mod folder and re-downloaded v3 from the mod browser. Not sure if that will help but it's worth a shot since the actual saved data in is a different directory.

Anyone else having a problem loading saves from v2 into v3?

I went back and looked at my older saves and they seem to load fine. The one game that wouldn't load didn't have any mod info in it for some reason but I was doing a lot of testing last night and I wouldn't be surprised if I did something weird when starting up that particular game.

kris, can you send me your save file in a PM? I don't know if I can so anything to fix that but I'm curious to see if it has any reference to InfoAddict in it.

Also, check your mods directory and see if there's a folder called "aec5d10d-f00f-4fc7-b330-c3a1e86c91c3". I noticed that upgrading without deleting the original v2 mod (or something like that) causes two versions of the mod to be on the system at once and that might cause problems. When I saw that, I deleted the "aec5d ..." folder & the main InfoAddict mod folder and re-downloaded v3 from the mod browser. Not sure if that will help but it's worth a shot since the actual saved data in is a different directory.

Anyone else having a problem loading saves from v2 into v3?
The files would eventually load after I took your steps, with a few minor exceptions.
Some notes:

• I have lots of mods activated, it might be helpful to know.
  • Advanced Missile Mod had a similar problem, where you had to delete previous versions before installing new ones
  • After I downloaded and installed version 3 (of InfoAddict), it said the version of the mod was 2, but the description matched that of version 3. The game would not load
  • There was no "aec5d10d-f00f-4fc7-b330-c3a1e86c91c3" file in my directory (C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS)
  • After removing both versions then reinstalling version 3, the file would load again. Thanks for the assistance
Would you still like the save file?

What of the proposed color changes, by the way?

Also (I always end up adding things on the end), I'm more interested in GDP than net income or GNP as it tells me what I want to know about the specific nation, not it's international affairs. The AI are complete sociopaths, it wouldn't be too hard to sever the connections and therefore drastically change an AI's GNP. I mean, you don't take in to account, on the military power graph whether civs are allied with Militaristic city-states, do you (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know what other people want, though...

The files would eventually load after I took your steps, with a few minor exceptions. Would you still like the save file?

Nah, if it's working then I'm happy. :cool:

What of the proposed color changes, by the way?

The colors are actually given to me by a function called GetPlayerColors() which ensures that there's a consistency between games and all the icons that go with the civs. I added the alpha highlights (clicking on the civ in the left bar) because I saw the same thing that you did and I figured that was the best way to make the different lines "pop" when needed. Adding my own color scheme would break the symmetry between the other parts of the UI, especially the images that come with each of the civs. Plus, I suck at picking colors. I'm really glad the game provides them to me.

Also (I always end up adding things on the end), I'm more interested in GDP than net income or GNP as it tells me what I want to know about the specific nation, not it's international affairs. The AI are complete sociopaths, it wouldn't be too hard to sever the connections and therefore drastically change an AI's GNP. I mean, you don't take in to account, on the military power graph whether civs are allied with Militaristic city-states, do you (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know what other people want, though...

I believe I can calculate GDP by subtracting gold from diplomacy from the GNP number (floydian can tell us if that makes sense :D). I'll add that to the wishlist with the caveat that I fear putting too much out there and confusing everyone (I might be able to mitigate that with some tooltips or a help screen or something).

In regards to the military power, I'm actually a little perplexed about what that number means exactly but I think it just represents the sum power of your active units. I'm getting that from a function called GetMilitaryMight() and it seems to give us a number based on the relative strengths of all our units added together. I've seen that number go down when a unit is injured and slowly climb up as it recovers (makes me wonder if that doesn't happen for Japan). The funny thing is that the number of soldiers that's reported by the demographics screen and, as a result, my factbook is math.sqrt( Players[iPlayer]:GetMilitaryMight() ) * 2000 which is the square root of that military number times 2000. Kinda weird and seemingly arbitrary to me.

Robk, any chance you could explain how you stored the data? I could dig into the files, but that takes time I don't really have atm. :lol:

I'm needing to store a few ints, nothing fancy (Without giving too much away, enough to duplicate the Golden Age meter. :mischief:).

Check out this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=391102

The OP is me spelling out how I saved the data for this mod and there's a lot of discussion on alternate ways to save data. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Great mod, just want to point out I think the Lua\ path prefix in ingame.xml is unnecessary, works without it. Once the game has an MD5 for files it knows the path and you can refer to the filename directly, so you don't have to worry about where the file is stored. :)

Great mod, loving it.
Still cant understand why they took out the cIV demographics but on the other hand im glad otherwise we probably wouldnt have this mod!

The only thing that could use a little more work are the graphs, adding numbers at the right would be helpfull (right now i always need to check the other page to see the numbers) aswell as changing a few of the colors since a few of them look really much alike, its not that important though :)

Keep up the good work.

Great mod, just one request.

Is there any way to show civs you have not met yet? I'd need it for testing purposes.

Also, any chance you can make it not savegame compatible? I'd like to analyze some pre-existing situations. Of course there won't be previous data, but it's ok.

Great mod, just one request.

Is there any way to show civs you have not met yet? I'd need it for testing purposes.

Also, any chance you can make it not savegame compatible? I'd like to analyze some pre-existing situations. Of course there won't be previous data, but it's ok.

In the LUA directory for the mod, there's a file called InfoAddictLib.lua. Pop that open and, around line 57, you'll find a function called seeEveryone(). Set seeThem to true and you should be able to see all civs at all times. It throws a lot of warnings in the Tuner console, mainly to remind me to turn it off before I package up a release.

I think you can edit the modinfo file and change the save game compatibility option to look at existing games.

Great mod, just want to point out I think the Lua\ path prefix in ingame.xml is unnecessary, works without it. Once the game has an MD5 for files it knows the path and you can refer to the filename directly, so you don't have to worry about where the file is stored. :)

Ooh, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip! I'll probably end up removing that in the next version.

Hey.

I was on Sins of a Solar Empire, a space real-time stratergy, earlier today, and it gave me an idea that you might consider adding to your to-do list. They have these graphs that display at the end, they have it for all but a few aspects of the game, from your current currency levels, your extraction rates, your fleet capacity, fleet used, capital ship levels.

Anyway, when you hover over any part of the graph, a kind of mouse-over pop up that displays the figures to each player in order from best to worse on any part of the graph. I thought it was a little handy as there was less guess-work involved in the figures you're dealing with.

I was considering against it, though, as I don't know how Civ coding really 5 works and that it might take up alot of memory in adding this feature...

Your thoughts?

-Kris

Top Bottom