Info Addict

Would it be possible to add a by-city feature to this (amazing) mod? I.E., search all world cities by production, population, science, etc.?

I'm reluctant to put information that detailed into the mod. I'm taking a strategic vs. tactical approach to the information I'm willing to present. I think it's OK to give empire/civ wide information from your opponents so you can make long-term strategic decisions, like "I need to build up my army" or "my general culture output needs some work". I want to avoid exposing information that will allow tactical decisions like "My opponent has 15 tanks so I need to build anti-tank units to counteract that" or "this civ is building The Pyramids and will be done in 25 turns so I can stop building that wonder". The later seems to fit better with a mod or expansion that adds an espionage dimension to the game.

To quote from my v13 release notes:

The way I view it, and indeed, the position I usually take with the mod, is that the information you can see is what your diplomatic corps is collecting hanging out in the other civ's capitals or what's just generally known throughout the world.

While just looking at production, culture, etc. output kind of skirts the edge of the strategic/tactical divide, I don't think that's something I would be interested including. Thanks for asking though. I appreciate ideas and suggestions even if I end up rejecting them.

By the way, after saying all that, CivWillard is the mod you're looking for. In default mode, it lets you look at your own cities in the way you're asking. There's a "cheat" mode that allows you to look at every civ's cities. Although I don't use cheat mode, I refuse to play the game without that mod active. I would feel blind without it (and InfoAddict too!).

Rob, just found this mod recently. It's really amazing. I have to wonder if Firaxis should offer you compensation and include it in a future release of V. hehe.

HA! Thanks! :cool:

One comment is the historical graphs can be a bit hard to read at times as the non-highted civs only fade slightly. Is there a way to dim them even more or remove them completely if they are not checked?

I've toyed with the idea of adding an option that will change the behavior of selecting a civ in the historical graphs. Now that you've mentioned it, I may bump that up on my todo list. I'd probably just add the option to remove them completely ... ooh, just thought of this: maybe I should add a slider so you could choose the alpha level of the non-selected civs. That would be neat. Though, that might be a little confusing. Anyone have thoughts on that? What's better: a simple checkbox to remove non-selected civ lines or a slightly more complex slider that allows one to change the alpha level of the non-selected civs (0 would make them disappear, while higher numbers would make them progressively brighter).

Edit: One other thing. InfoAddict gives precise information on who is trading with whom and what is being traded. I'm not sure where this data is normally available to the player in the basic game. Do you know where it might be found?

Anyways great work.

I believe that the default economic screen only allows you to look at your own trades. I don't think it lets you look at trades between other civs. In fact, the function used to look at the number of trades is a little buggy when looking at trades between civs other than the current player. I had to do some funky stuff to get the information extracted for all trades across the entire globe.

Hi robk,

I have a little statistic that I would very much like to see in an upcoming version; average production of all cities. It doesn't have to be called this of course, but it would be very beneficial for testing my mod if I could be able to see what the production capabilities of my AI opponents is. I know that there is the Industrial Output button shows the total production of the empire, but what I'm looking for is the average. I realize it's as simple as dividing this value by the number of cities, but it would be nice to have this at a glance.

chrome

*EDIT*
If this could be done with city population as well that would be great. :D

I've been getting a lot of requests like these lately so I'm working on something that will allow people to choose which data to view. Unfortunately, that is going to take a lot of work so it may be a while before I can implement that. I may come up with something in the meantime ... like a checkbox that will open up "advanced" measurements. Actually, that sounds real good. I could leave the current graph selections in, with the nice, highlighted list selection in like it is now but checking that box would change that list to (or just add) a dropdown box with a bunch of not-so-general ways to look at the data. Aw yeah .. I'm getting good ideas in the middle of writing posts tonight! :eekdance:

When I am looking at the graphs. Typically I'm not looking at the trends as much as I am looking at the current total. Specifically who is ahead of me and if a specific Civ is in front of me.

So perhaps ticking the check gives a label that has what the current total is. Or perhaps hovering over the graph line for a particular Civ does the same.

Another idea may be to have a much heavier line for the check marked Civs.

When I am looking at the graphs. Typically I'm not looking at the trends as much as I am looking at the current total. Specifically who is ahead of me and if a specific Civ is in front of me.

So perhaps ticking the check gives a label that has what the current total is. Or perhaps hovering over the graph line for a particular Civ does the same.

Another idea may be to have a much heavier line for the check marked Civs.

or the option to significantly shorten the X axis (time) even further to say the last 5-10 turns? currently i think that option doesn't even show up until after X amount of turns. if it was always there it would be a helpful feature.

in addition to the "hover list" option, this could provide the exact kind of quick visual you're looking (which i look for as well)

@ the line alpha slider: You could link the two together, kind of like what some programs do with sound, where there's a slider and a checkbox. The only decision you'd have to make would be which one overrides which (id est whether the "mute" (disappear) button is a shortcut for putting the slider to the bottom or the slider just gets ignored).

As another, kind of related suggestion, maybe it would he appropriate for unhighlighted civs to not show up in the X-axis tooltips, or maybe moreso for this to be an option.

-Kris

I've been getting a lot of requests like these lately so I'm working on something that will allow people to choose which data to view. Unfortunately, that is going to take a lot of work so it may be a while before I can implement that. I may come up with something in the meantime ... like a checkbox that will open up "advanced" measurements. Actually, that sounds real good. I could leave the current graph selections in, with the nice, highlighted list selection in like it is now but checking that box would change that list to (or just add) a dropdown box with a bunch of not-so-general ways to look at the data. Aw yeah .. I'm getting good ideas in the middle of writing posts tonight! :eekdance:

That would be amazing! Please do this! :D

Thanks so much for this mod! It's turned the game from needlessly confusing to clear and enjoyable for me.

One quick suggestion: could you order "stock" and "flow" stats together by group? For example, Culture per turn should come just before Social Standing, Net Gold just before Treasury, etc.

Heya, first of all: great mod!

I noticed however that when loading a save in which cities have expanded their tiles into areas they cannot use (more than 3 tiles from the city) all the tile expansion notifications (which say something like, X city has claimed a tile but cannot work it) pop up, right after loading the saved game. Which means that in a game which has gone into turns 300+ I end up rightclicking tile notifications away for like a minute. If you could somehow prevent this from happening that would be great!

Heya, first of all: great mod!

I noticed however that when loading a save in which cities have expanded their tiles into areas they cannot use (more than 3 tiles from the city) all the tile expansion notifications (which say something like, X city has claimed a tile but cannot work it) pop up, right after loading the saved game. Which means that in a game which has gone into turns 300+ I end up rightclicking tile notifications away for like a minute. If you could somehow prevent this from happening that would be great!
I don't think that's InfoAddict.

Great mod! I can't believe most of this isn't in the vanilla game.

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but this doesn't seem to work with Custom Notifications.. it would be great if these two mods could be integrated.

Great mod! I can't believe most of this isn't in the vanilla game.

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but this doesn't seem to work with Custom Notifications.. it would be great if these two mods could be integrated.

I've never had any problems using IA and Custom Notifications.:confused:

Custom Notifications and IA have zero overlapping files, other than identical DiploCorner Luas that simply overwrite eachother.

I have a game where I'm already using IA; I tried adding Custom Notifications but it doesn't show up. It does seem to work with a new game, though, so I guess I'll wait until I start a new game to use it.

Thanks for this mod, I restarted a game just to use it. As has been said multiple times, it is simply shocking that this feature is not present in vanilla.

Hi,

Firstable, it's really a great job.

I play with your mod v16.

My problem is after several turns, civ5 crash.

When I load the last save, you mod is not loaded

Is there a way to continue my game with you mod loaded?

Thanks in advance

Eric

If this mod is still supported, is it possible to include CSs in the data, under a new tab?

I'm still watching out for bugs and making sure IA works with the latest patches (not that any have come out lately) but I haven't had time in the last few months to add any new features. I'm still paying attention to feature requests so that, when I have time again, I can make improvements. So, yes, the mod is still supported.

If you're looking for comprehensive city state data for the current turn, I highly recommend looking at civwillard. It's got that & a whole bunch more.

i just recently discovered this mod and well it does some things that i've been wishing for, my only problem is its not compatible with the food economy mod which i have been using for a while now and i figured i'd leave notes for both of you so maybe somehow this could be fixed, in the meantime i have found some other mods that sorta kinda do some of the stuff the food economy mod does, except for the food trading, so my next game(starting as soon as i'm done typing this) will have yours in it

Top Bottom