Info Addict

Hi

I have a question. Since the middle of the game when Infoaddict is on I notice that in the end of the turn HDD works very hard for few sec, and game freezes. After few sec everything works fine and CPU turn is finished. I think it is that InfoAddict is writing on HDD its data.
Like it is dumping some info to cache or something. Question is - can I clear InfoAddicts cache or something like that so it could works as fast as on the begining of the game?

Hi

I have a question. Since the middle of the game when Infoaddict is on I notice that in the end of the turn HDD works very hard for few sec, and game freezes. After few sec everything works fine and CPU turn is finished. I think it is that InfoAddict is writing on HDD its data.
Like it is dumping some info to cache or something. Question is - can I clear InfoAddicts cache or something like that so it could works as fast as on the begining of the game?

Actually, the cache prevents exactly what you are talking about from happening. At the end of each turn, I write one line of data to the embedded database per player and append 4 values to the replay data. So, no matter what turn it is, the same amount of data is going to get written. It's pretty fast and very light-weight.

The cache, also, is populated with that extra data at that same time. So, instead of reading all the data from disk at the end of each turn, I'm just appending one line per player to the cache. So, the HDD cost for InfoAddict at the end of each turn should be the same, whether you are on turn 5 or turn 1000. What drives up the write cost at the end of each turn is the number of players (5 writes for 5 players, 14 writes for 14 players) but, again, the time spent at the end of each turn should not change as time goes on within a game.

If you turn on logging (see this post for details), I dump performance info into the Lua.log file at the end of each turn. It tells you how long InfoAddict spends writing data and how long it takes to populate the cache at the end of each turn. That should help you to determine if InfoAddict is the culprit or not.

Hey, sorry to hi-jack that last post. I've had a quick search and scan through the threads but haven't found an answer I have been looking for.

I've installed infoaddict and enabled it. When playing Civ 5 and opening up infoaddict the window comes up. It looks like some of the menus are kind of mashed together. But the biggest problem is it wont close. Clicking escape, does nothing. Pressing escape on the keyboard or any other button does nothing. I cant do anything. The game is running but its as if the menu is blocking any of my input. Has anybody come across this before or know how to answer it?
Much appreciated ;)

Hey, sorry to hi-jack that last post. I've had a quick search and scan through the threads but haven't found an answer I have been looking for.

I've installed infoaddict and enabled it. When playing Civ 5 and opening up infoaddict the window comes up. It looks like some of the menus are kind of mashed together. But the biggest problem is it wont close. Clicking escape, does nothing. Pressing escape on the keyboard or any other button does nothing. I cant do anything. The game is running but its as if the menu is blocking any of my input. Has anybody come across this before or know how to answer it?
Much appreciated ;)

Can you post a screenshot? I'm curious to see how the menus are overlapping. Also, what resolution are you running? I noticed that, in low resolutions, the buttons in the diplomacy screens kind of overlapped but, even as low as 1024x768, the main IA screen seemed OK.

Have you tried InfoAddict by itself without other mods? And, when you say you can't do anything, do you mean you cannot do anything in the main game or you cannot do anything at all, including clicking around InfoAddict?

Can you post a screenshot? I'm curious to see how the menus are overlapping. Also, what resolution are you running? I noticed that, in low resolutions, the buttons in the diplomacy screens kind of overlapped but, even as low as 1024x768, the main IA screen seemed OK.

Have you tried InfoAddict by itself without other mods? And, when you say you can't do anything, do you mean you cannot do anything in the main game or you cannot do anything at all, including clicking around InfoAddict?

Thanks for your quick reply. I did post earlier but some reason it didn't upload ... Anyway. I play in 1680 x 1050 res. So I dont think its that.

I've uploaded a picture of the problem I have. So I open up infoaddict and I am presented with that window. This is also the case when I click on info addict through trade.

When this window is present I am unable to do anything at all. I cant close IA by clicking the X in the corner or using esc on the keyboard. Nothing happens, nor does clicking on the menu tabs. Absoloutley nothing responds. The only way to get out of that menu is to restart civ. Usually Alt+F4 works, if not I have to tab out to use task manager.

http://imgur.com/zUd37

I would like to add I know the picture says 'no data' but that picture was taken at turn 100 and I met all civs. So why no data was recorded I dont know.

I only use Info Addict for mods nothing else. So I'm sure there is no other conflicting mods. I have also noticed that some of the chat dialog is missing from civ leaders for example when they randomly say to you " your miliary is looking on the weak side you're the laughing stock of the world" Those messages dont appear in text I just get the leader and the background with no text ... I can only assume those are the messages by their facial expressions ... Just a guess! Lastly when I talk to a leader and click the discuss button the text responses are missing too. Im not blaming IA for this problem by all means! Just srange that its the only mod I use as of date and get these bugs.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

@Lawogga What version of Civ5 are you running? Also, look over the Common Checklist (link in sig) - most unique Mod problems like yours can be solved by ensuring everything on the list is in order.:thumbsup:

@Lawogga

Seek is on the right track. The screenshot makes it look like some element of Info Addict isn't loading properly. The overlap of words on the bottom comes from the menus not being "hidden" like they should. I bet a few of the files for InfoAddict are loading, an error is being encountered, and then the rest of the files don't load, preventing things like the data to load or the right menu items to be shown and hidden.

If none of that stuff works out, follow these steps to send me the log file so I can try to help you figure out what's wrong:

1. Before you start civ V, open Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini with a text file editor (like notepad) and replace "LoggingEnabled = 0" with "LoggingEnabled = 1" (it's line 216 in my file).
  2. Send me the Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\Lua.log file after you've played for a while. Either attach it to a post here or send me a PM and I'll send you an email address you can send it to.

@Seek

Nice checklist.

@PR0927: Yes, I will. I would have done it earlier but I had a hard drive crash earlier this week and I'm still getting things back together again. I'll probably wait until I've had a chance to update the mod for the expansion unless it looks like that will take too long before I throw it on the workshop.

@PR0927: Yes, I will. I would have done it earlier but I had a hard drive crash earlier this week and I'm still getting things back together again. I'll probably wait until I've had a chance to update the mod for the expansion unless it looks like that will take too long before I throw it on the workshop.

Ah, excellent, good to hear! Thanks, and good luck with sorting out the HDD crash situation!

The good news is that it seems to be working just fine with the patch, so no modification is required. Hopefully the same is true of the expansion tonight.

So, the mod is not ready for GnK? There are still some issues? Good luck in fixing them, this mod was my favorite for CiV. :)

Attachments

• 2012-06-19_00001.jpg
    2012-06-19_00001.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 276
Top Bottom