Info Thread: Rise of the Shogunate

If anyone played the Canadian Gov mod designed by Breakaway then you know the plan ShiroKobbure laid out to include the Westerners is almost mirror to that, which can also be said ended up working very well.

Playing as native tribe you could never sail to Europe but you could trade with them and use their weapons. Thus It was hard to wipe them off the land as they allied with or tribes when they arrived. Good gameplay.
I think knowing Breakaway had a chance to build a new conquest after all that time they had a lot of ideas to choose for new strategy and they chose this way. It says alot for me.

I see this as chance to help perfect the new level of "conquests' strategy that continues on where Midevil Sceanerio's new Vassel system left off.
I mean with a nice improvemet in gameplay to a already great scenario

ShiroKobbure said:
Also, about religion and warrior monks, is the Ikkou-ikki in the game?

Yeah, they are situated in the central-western region of Japan, just north of the Oda holdings.

I'll think about the addition of western civs, but I just feel it may draw away a little too much. While trade with western nations was a decisive factor, many other Daimyo were able to research Arquebusier technology from non-Europeans after that, meaning dependence did not lay solely on European trades. I'll think about it and speak my peace later.

Ogedei, any suggestions for what the Tendai and Jodo Shinshu diversions could have in terms of government settings?

While trade with western nations was a decisive factor, many other Daimyo were able to research Arquebusier technology from non-Europeans after that, meaning dependence did not lay solely on European trades.

Maybe someone who trades with the europeans can get access to gunpowder units earlier than one who doesn't? Or higher quality ones?

Ogedei, any suggestions for what the Tendai and Jodo Shinshu diversions could have in terms of government settings?

Not really sure about this aspect.

Tendai was fairly popular among upper classes whereas Shinshu (Pure Land) was more popular among the poorer classes. Tendai was based off of Chinese Tiantai and is much more esoteric in nature whereas Pure Land Buddhism is more devotional and therefore more accessible to the common people.

I'll have a book specifically on the Muromachi Period and up to Sekigahara coming in after a few days. Are you still in need of certain pieces of info?

The book just arrived today. I've only perused through it for about a half hour, but it's quite detailed in various aspects from the cultural developments to economics to the overall political situation. There's a chart on the total koku income value of various daimyo during 1598, but unfortunately I haven't found any information on populations. The most populated places at the time were likely the Kansai and Kanto regions, but the book also does mention that Kyushu was in the midst of development at the time of the Sengoku period.

Top Bottom