Informational Poll: Rush a harbour in Dapperdan?

Rush a Harbour in Dapperdan?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Immortal

Deity
Should we rush a harbour in dapperdan? It will cost our civ 72g.

Dapperdan is situated in the northern province of Fanatika, it is surrounded by a multitude of gems and has an integrated transportation system within it. Most of you will remember dapperdan as the city we feared would be lost to india during their failed invasion.

The city is currently size two and is not growing. It has 18 turns left to build the harbour.

The contruction of a harbour in Dapperdan would increase both sea tiles by 1 FOOD. Allowing the city to begin growing again.[

Without more information about this, its impossible to make an informed decision. Tell us why you want a harbor, why we need it now, why we can't wait for it to be built normally, and why we should use Fanatika's limited gold supply to rush it.

I support this decision as I am well informed on Dapperdans situation. It is located in the Gem Mountains and faces the same conditions as some of the cities in the province of Montis abeo Gramen!

I really think we could concentrate on building up our recently captured cities first.

It will cost 72g to rush the harbor now. Building it normally will take another 18 turns or 6 turns if the laborers are moved from the coast to the forest and iron hill. The harbor is needed because Dapperdan is size 2 and is not growing for lack of surplus food.

I voted yes but now that I see that the harbor can be built in 6 turns I wonder if my vote makes sense. :confused:

You're right donsig. Moving the laborers will save time in completing the harbor. If we move the laborers to the forest and hill, as you've said, it will take 9 turns. The loss of gold in doing this will only be 18g. If we moved both Laborers to the forests it would be done in 6 turns and only cost us 12g. Thanks for pointing that out.

This issue has been withdrawn, as Donsig has correctly pointed out that micromanagement in the city will allow progress with less loss of gold.

Top Bottom