Informational - Should we have a Discussion Registry?

Should we have a Discussion Thread Registry?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Shaitan

der Besucher
A Registry thread serves as as subscription point. People subscribe to the registry and are then notified when a new thread is registered. We have been using the Poll Registry for some time now and it has proven to be an excellent resource. Poll attendance is higher than pre-registry and it is very convenient to be notified automatically when a new poll is up.

Should we have the same thing for Discussion threads?

This poll is informational and does not have an end date.

I say yes. When used properly it will inform people when a new topic is opened. It also serves as a reference point when you are looking for "that thread" and don't remember when/where it was. It will also help against new threads getting buried when they are introduced in a period of heavy discussion.

I agree with Shaitan. Sometimes the discussion can get buried (like in the role-playing streak thats just now ending), or you just don't know that it's there until you see an official poll on the subjet.

OK. At first, I didn't think this was needed. But I guess it can have its advantages. I vote yes.

i say yes, but only if discussions there would be the most important ones. no need to register some non-important stuff there. and of course no need to register stuff which will already be registered somewhere else.

Important and non-important are relative and subject to the perception of the people involved. We can't use those as criteria.

This registry would be specifically for discussion threads. Other types of threads would be registered elsewhere (if at all).

this one is going to be tough...
would it make sense to restrict it to rule-changing discussions? this way people cant say they missed a rule-discussion...
and maybe some other topics which we could define beforehand (like pi's+ departmental initiated discussion)

I don't care just as long as I can start a thread without having to advertise it. If anyone else wants to do the advertising work that's fine but please don't make it a rule.

As long as it stays optional, I am in favor

There seems to be decent support for this proposal. Is it your intention to add it to the new threads?

Top Bottom