Informational - What should go in the 4th Subforum?

What should go in the 4th subforum?

• RPG (Role Playing) related threads

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Domestic / Provincial threads

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaitan

der Besucher
We have been granted a 4th subforum for Game 2.[dance]

We are currently discussing forum organization in this thread. This includes, of course, what should go in the 4th subforum. The two current proposals differ on this item so this poll will decide it.

This poll will be open for 2 days and is informational (as the actual change will be through the Council / COS).

RPG forum contents
RPG Index & Registry
Heritage Index & Registry
Offices Index (appointed/created positions)
City Index & Registry
RPG Threads
Heritage threads (Examples: Cultural Art thread, Newspaper thread, etc.)
City threads (mayors)
Office Threads (appointed positions)

The first 4 would be sticky.

Domestic/Provincial forum contents
senate
provinces
census office
counties
cities

The first 3 would be sticky. RPG items would be in the Citizen forum.

EDIT: Added city index/registry & city threads to the RPG forum breakdown.

The RPG because the if you did a domestic forum then all the other offices would be asking for one e.g.Trade,Military

the military does not have so many offices. the province threads and the city threads alone take a lot of space in the government forum. lets presume we have more mayors next game, then we may end with 10-20 city threads and 4-8 provinces. +senate and some other offices the domestic branch will total to 15-30 threads. the other branches will total in....1? per department. maybe max 2. with having those 15-30 threads out of the government forum, the government forum will be more usable and give some more space for offices.

if we keep all this in the government forum, it will total to 30 domestic+8 departmental+8 offices=46 threads, of which all(!) are kind of important for citizens. they wont even fit on one page.

the splitting of the rpg-part and the citizen part will imho deny rolepaying in the citizen threads. this will a) not be done by citizens, meaning that they will still ropleplay in the citizen forum or b) spoil some fun out of the citizen forum.

The offices and cities would be in the RPG thread also. Basically, the Government forum would be for the elected positions. The Citizen forum would be for discussions and citizen groups. The RPG forum would contain all of the "flavor" threads.

the offices are mostly no flavor-thread, but hold real important function, as maps and registry and other department-related work (history, forum, chat etc.)
so people interested in this will still have to visit the rpg sub?
i dont believe cities are flavor threads also, as they hold important information about the cities themselves for the citizens, like build queue discussion and mood changes etc.

Definately the RPG forum. RPG theads in a separate forum - non-elected officials separate from elected officials - non-essential threads have their place. I like it. having all the other threads in with the RPG stuff will give me a reason to use this forum.

So if we're getting an RPG forum should we rename the citizens forum to "General Disscussion" or "Disscussion" forum?

Hey, I didn't get to see this poll! :)

This is the first I saw it.

up to now, this poll didnt even reach the quorum :p
so we wont be able to use the 4th subforum as we dont have a poll ;-)
what a mess

i would like to change my vote to other:

we should put all rule-related discussion and polling in that subforum. this way we will free much space for "important" things and concentrate all rulechanges in one thread for easy reference.

a rule could say that before any (info or deciding) poll is to be held on a rule-issue, a discussion has to be posted there.

I didn't even get to vote. :(

This poll was open for what? 36 hours? I still think that's too quick. :)

72 hours min. Our polls have been struggling to reach a quorum all term!

i got to vote but sometimes people are away for a few days you need to make the polls open for longer

Originally posted by Chieftess
I didn't even get to vote. :(

This poll was open for what? 36 hours? I still think that's too quick. :)

72 hours min. Our polls have been struggling to reach a quorum all term!

And for how long did you accept nominations for CJ?
"Beware an Asphinxian with an axe to grind" the proveb goes.

I always wonder how people get thru elections with their "once in a month" approach.
Some even would complain about poll uptimes of 7 days! (well, some already did!).

Top Bottom