Ingame Editor

When I change player to edit stuff for the AI though, thats when problems start. After giving all AI some tech and policy I want to change back to my civ and the game crash. Also if I save during this and try to reload it crashes.

Yeah you can't really change to an AI's seat. Otherwise you run into those issues. Don has warnings placed in the game to alert players what may happen.

I do not have it in safe mode. How do I even do that?

Is there some other way to give the AI some bonuses?

As requested, the lua.log for the conflict with the antarctica mod.

It's not the end of the world if it doesn't work but if an easy fix that'd be cool. I'll play without penguins before I play without IGE

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 77
Hello and thank you very much, DIplominator. :)

Unfortunately you forgot to set EnableLuaDebugLibrary to 1 in the ini file as described on post #2
Without this flag, civ5 only reports the line number where the error arose but not the file in question (!) nor the stack trace. This makes the log as useless as the regular error that IGE displays.

Whenever I have the IGE active the game constantly crashes at seemingly random points. Frequently when i don't even have the IGE panel up.
This does not happen when I disable IGE.
I don't run any other mods but I do have and use all official DLC.
I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this, please help.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 43
This save file seems to be corrupted.
City-State diplo blocked.
Also City State labels on map gone for cape town and zanzibar.

Attachments

• Draconis_0074 BC-1040.Civ5Save
    983.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Lua.txt
    78.4 KB · Views: 46
Hello Reptilius and welcome on CF. :)

Regarding your first problem, it has nothing to see with IGE. My mod does nothing when its window is not opened, so if a crash occurs during the game IGE is not to be blamed. Random crashes happen without mods anyway, those are civ5 bugs, they just do not happen for everyone and anytime.

Regarding your savegame, I cannot test it myself (I lack some DLC and mods), but from what I understand it is not corrupted since you can load it, can you? Your only problem with it is that problem with city states, isn't it? Then given the error at the end of your log, I am pretty sure that this does not come from IGE. It may be a mod that started a city state quest with a wrong parameter, or you may be using a weird pirate version. But I fail to see any IGE feature that could ever cause such a problem.

TL;DR: Not IGE problems.

@Karetsos
Thank you. :)

Certainly not a "corrupt" save file as I can load it. Certainly not an IGE problem as the issue is there even without IGE on my system. At a guess, you have done something non-sensical with IGE to the game data, as this should never happen

Code:
> for i=35, 41, 1 do print(i, Players[i]:GetName(), (Players[i]:GetCapitalCity():GetName() and ("Capital " .. Players[i]:GetCapitalCity():GetName()) or "NO CAPITAL NAME!!!")) end
 WorldView: 35	Belgrade	Capital Belgrade
 [COLOR="Red"]WorldView: 36	Zanzibar	NO CAPITAL NAME!!![/COLOR]
 WorldView: 37	Almaty	Capital Almaty
 [COLOR="red"]WorldView: 38	Lhasa	NO CAPITAL NAME!!![/COLOR] 
 [COLOR="red"]WorldView: 39	Cape Town	Capital cD-[/COLOR]
 [COLOR="red"]WorldView: 40	Tyre	NO CAPITAL NAME!!![/COLOR] 
 [COLOR="red"]WorldView: 41	Hanoi	NO CAPITAL NAME!!![/COLOR]

Just because you can cut yourself with scissors doesn't mean there is a fault with the scissors ...

Just because you can cut yourself with scissors doesn't mean there is a fault with the scissors ...
Yes but I tend to make IGE's scissors smooth enough that you can never cut yourself, as with the old "no coast between land and ocean" corruption problem. ;)

That being said, thank you for your investigation Whoward! Those nil names are sure fun and could cause some bugs. Yet it does not explain the Lua error on the log (line 506 of G&K's CityStateStatusHelper.lua). However, it shows that anther mod did something weird because IGE is not able to set nil names, only empty names. This confirms that the problem was likely not caused by IGE but I prefer to be cautious.

@Reptilius
Do you remember whether you did something special with city states? I guess you wanted to delete some of them but how did you try to achieve that?

The 506/508 errors are almost certainly related to this weird CS announcement

"Zanzibar was forced to pay tribute to Nobody recently, and seeks protection from a major power."

At a guess an AI major has been edited out of the game but their quest info is still active. Just because I can drive the wrong way down a road in my car doesn't make the manufacture liable when I crash ;)

"Zanzibar was forced to pay tribute to Nobody recently, and seeks protection from a major power."
Huh huh. :lol:

At a guess an AI major has been edited out of the game but their quest info is still active.
I share your guess. But IGE does not allow to edit out a civilization. You can kill them, but I do not think this causes such oddities, the civ should still be referred by its name. This is why I wonder if there is some feature I am forgetting that allows one to kill a civ but let things in a messy state? I do not think so but if I am wrong then it is not acceptable.

Just because I can drive the wrong way down a road in my car doesn't make the manufacture liable when I crash
Sure. But they are liable if after you turn the radio on, turning the wheel left now causes the car to turn right. I am pretty sure that IGE is not liable here but confirming it would be a good thing.

Is there anyway to export a map post edits to terrain/tiles to comply for standard play ? I like it a lot more than the world editor and you can scenario build some cool things but, no achievements even if you stick to 4 wonders and don't add additional resources so much as lay them out for starts and cities better, give people uniques etc.

@Valnas
Hello.
* If I remember correctly, initially you were only able to save as a scenario.
* But since a recent civ5 patch you can now save as a map (on the save window, look at the "save map" button).
* This allows you to play this map without mods. Then you can get the achievements.
* Indeed, achievements are blocked if you play with mods. On the main menu you must use the first button to play an unmodded game

hia all

problem encountered that i cant seem to find out why?

i start an new game with IGE mod. only mod i have. Civ 5 gold edition.
windows 7, home premium.

When i edit land tile's to have them suit me. espesially from coast to land, and add river throughout my city tiles. Then i save the game, exit to main menu and go and load my saved game again. With IGE mod. The game will not load. Civ 5 freezes and will not load.

I need to force close it.

anyone familier with this problem?

View attachment Lua.txt

Hello Craminu and welcome on CF. :)

1) In some circumstances, civ5 is unable to generate the terrain mesh during the reloading and freezes. Since the terrain generation is closed source, no one but Firaxis knows what its limits are.
2) I discovered one of those limits: between every land tile and ocean tile, you must have a coastal tile.
3) I tried to make sure that IGE would always put coasts between land and ocean. It is possible that I have forgotten one edge case, allowing you to circumvent this safety hack.
4) Therefore you may have found a way to put ocean tiles right next to land tiles, or hit any other limit that the mesh generation algorithm has. This can cause civ5 to freeze.

If you ever find reproduction steps so that we can assert whether it was caused by IGE or not, and how it happens, I would be very grateful to you and would prevent this to happen again. But right now the only things I can say are:
* I do not know whether it was triggered by IGE or not (it could be a civ5 bug after all)
* If you can still abuse IGE, at least it is very rare.
* Beware whenever you edit the coastal line.

Hello Craminu and welcome on CF. :)

1) In some circumstances, civ5 is unable to generate the terrain mesh during the reloading and freezes. Since the terrain generation is closed source, no one but Firaxis knows what its limits are.
2) I discovered one of those limits: between every land tile and ocean tile, you must have a coastal tile.
3) I tried to make sure that IGE would always put coasts between land and ocean. It is possible that I have forgotten one edge case, allowing you to circumvent this safety hack.
4) Therefore you may have found a way to put ocean tiles right next to land tiles, or hit any other limit that the mesh generation algorithm has. This can cause civ5 to freeze.

If you ever find reproduction steps so that we can assert whether it was caused by IGE or not, and how it happens, I would be very grateful to you and would prevent this to happen again. But right now the only things I can say are:
* I do not know whether it was triggered by IGE or not (it could be a civ5 bug after all)
* If you can still abuse IGE, at least it is very rare.
* Beware whenever you edit the coastal line.

Thank you DonQuiche.

it might have been an error due to placing land tiles on ocean, and might have something todo with not placing cost lines outside. not sure. But it also happens when i add river to tiles and not editing any new land tiles.

Yes i can do the same thing again to make the game freeze. But were is the log file that you might need to see this. Or what do you need me todo after i make the game freeze up again?

You might have to explain exactly how to do this to me, i am not an computer expert :)

Craminu

Top Bottom