Ingame Editor

The IGE is unavailable on Steam. It generates the following error:

Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it.

Either being a Subscriber or not, the error is generated.

@Aselnor
Hello. Thank you for the report but I am unable to reproduce this problem. Please disable all your mods and re-enable them one by one (small mods like new wonders are unlikely to cause problems to test them last). Also configure your ini file as described here at the end of the "bug reporting" section to get a more detailed error because this one does not allow me to know where the problem happened (no file name).

@Khral
Steam had changed their rip-off EULA for modders and they did remove my mod until I accepted it, without even warning me! I didn't know before I did read your message and started Steam, so thanks a lot!

I am really glad to have CivFanatics as a second source and as a more convenient place to discuss problems. ;)

Ok hi have candy ^^

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    18.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 2013-05-13_00004.jpg
    2013-05-13_00004.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 170
@Aselnor
Ok, so the screenshot tells us that the problem arises in CivUP, but it is because of another mod that adds or modifies buildings.

So you're going to have to do something else: test every mod that adds or modifies buildings by running it with *just* IGE and CivUP on a new game (maybe GEM too if you do have it, I am unsure). Once you found one that causes a problem, please report it to me, I will check things up, contact modders when relevant and provide you a way to fix that bug. I already checked Nan Madol Wonder and it didn't cause any problem for me with my version of CivUp (2.5.1 GK v1 from Steam).

Meanwhile I reported the problem to Thal: his mod is not at fault but he may want to make it resilient to those problems.

So i did and found the problem... still Nan Madol wonder... and i only use these 4 mods as seen on attached screenshot .

Attachments

• 2013-05-14_00002.jpg
    2013-05-14_00002.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 92
Thank you Aslenor, I have been able to reproduce it. I checked the flavors and it appears that there is an error in the Nan Madol mod. I warned Pouakai about it.

Meanwhile, close civ5 and open the Madol_Buildings.xml file in a text editor (such as the notepad, not a word processor like Office). Then, on line 54, replace "FLAVOR_FOOD" with "FLAVOR_GROWTH". Save it, this will fix your problem.

Hi all,

I am new to civ5 IGE,

can any one please explain how to place a river on the tiles.

i have searched for river option in IGE but nothing found.

Please help me..

Thanks
Sujendra

Thanks for this amazing mod!

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug which causes the game to CTD if I load another save or exit to main menu after using the "Glance at map" feature (in this and Reseed! mod).

@Sujendra
On the terrain edition panel, look at the picture in the top left corner. Now click its edges (notice the blue bar on hover?)

@Molunbun
Thank you for the report. Unfortunately crashes caused by in-game reloads are a civ5 bug, not an IGE bug. it can actually appear with any mod: everything was fine, then you add a mod and, bam!, you can no longer reload in game. Nothing we, modders, can do about it.

It can be fixed by removing mods, probably specifically the mod that drove civ5 crazy. You may also want to try things like deleting every mod, cache folder and installs folder, then re-download everything. And do not forget to spam 2k games with crash reports because I am more than pissed off with this bug. ^^

PS: That being said, could you run tests and confirm that this actually has nothing to do with "glance at map" please? If I am wrong and you're correct, than could you please test whether:
a) The problem persists if you close civ5, load a game where you did use glance at map but no longer use it?
b) What about the two buttons on the "player" panel? Explore and reveal? Do they also each trigger the crash?

After a few hours of testing I've found a way to consistently reproduce the problem. It seems to be a compatibility issue with Info Addict.

To experience the crash, you need to:
1. Enable both IGE and Info Addct
2. Use "glance at map" in strategic view
3. Remain in strategic view, restart the game/load a save/return to menu
It won't crash when loading in normal view.

If you glance the map once (in either normal or strategic view), the game CTD when restarting /loading saves/returning to menu in strategic view within the same session. Again, normal view is not bugged.

If Info Addict is disabled afterward, those saves work just fine.

@Molunbun
Thank you very much for the effort you did invest. Unfortunately those reproduction steps do not trigger a crash on my computer. This is not surprising since it is at least known that this bug tend to be user-dependent and depends on the list of installed mods rather than just the ones that are enabled. Some users fixed it by removing mod XYZ, while others did by removing mods ZYX.

At least you allowed me to confirm that this is not something as simple as "glance at map then reload in-game" but rather some civ5 weirdness with mods in general, as inferred from previous users' feedbacks.

Finally, if you were willing to investigate the matter more, I have to warn you that anyway I won't be able to fix this problem as it is a civ5 bug and it very unlikely that I could ever find a way to circumvent it without removing features. My best hope has always been to be able to correctly inform the users plagued by this problem and provide a message warning in case we can figure out clear reproduction steps for all computers. And *your* best hope is to spam Firaxis/2kgames with Window's crash reports.

@Sujendra
On the terrain edition panel, look at the picture in the top left corner. Now click its edges (notice the blue bar on hover?)

Can you please post a screenshot as i am not able to see any thing as you said...

am using IGE v36

Thanks
Sujendra

Sorry I meant the bottom left. Look at the image on the first post of this thread: see the tile surrounded by three arrows ? If you click one of those arrows it toggles rivers off on the corresponding edge.

Hello Don i recently notice i ran into a problem with your editor mod. It does work as a stand alone as i followed your steps but when i try to use it with any of my other mods it seem to not work but it register under the the mod i don't know if its a bug or steam hates me adding mod not by workshop... but i have 2 save file the used the same mods/setup and the UI icon doesnt pop up or if the try the command,

Here the Mods i used with it and it worked perfectly fine before now

Hulfgars Industrial Warfare GaK Ed ver 10.3 (v 10)
Hulfgars Postmodern Expansion (v 8)
Legendary Earth Mod (v 5)
Ingame Editor (v 36)

I saw wipe my cache thinking that was the issue but it wasnt, i also remove the editor file and placed a new one in there manually as well all my other Mods thinking there was an issue....

@Harper268
Hello. If you mean that IGE is not displayed in the mods list, then this is a Steam bug. You need to close civ5, clean up the cache folder AND the mods folder, then start civ5, then *wait* until Steam downloaded everything. If this still does not work, do a manual install (see post #1).

However if IGE is listed in the mods list but it does not appear in-game and does not open with Ctrl+i, then you did not enable it in the mods list or you clicked back on that screen or on the screen after that one.

One i prefer Manual installing them instead of steam as i normally do that with your IGE mod manually......

OK well this doesn't make sense as im still having this problems but i think its having a confliction issue with the other mods as if i load the IGE alone its perfectly fine but when i add one or 2 other mods with it the IGE mod just disappears but it the mod would be active on the mod Listing

Here some screenshot for you to get an idea

Save game where it was working perfectly fine up til now....
(Note: The UI interface has gone missing and the ctrl-i command doesnt work anymore)
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/harper136/gamesave1_zps6c3fc44e.png

A new game with my normal Mods
(Note: Command and icon doesnt show but the mods listing shows it active)
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/harper136/newgame2_zps80baba56.png
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/harper136/newgame_zps8db2ecf3.png

A new game with the IGE as a Stand alone
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/harper136/alone_zpsf9a93e9c.png

I'm hoping by giving you these screenshots i could help you a little better as i dont think you didnt understand my post completely

Edit: Ok after talking with one of my friends we figure out the issues one i need the select the IGE mod first before the of mods are enable and Hulfgars Postmodern Expansion is either conflicting it or disabling it since it add in more Units/Buildings which still doesnt make any sense since i was able to use it fine with that mod with no issues

As you probably know, most mods are said to be tied to savegames, which means that must enable them at the start of a game, and they're automatically loaded after that. Let's call them "hard mods" as opposed to soft mods as IGE.

What happens when you enable a hardmod A then try to load a savegame created without A? Then Civ5 disables all mods but the hard ones required by the savegame. For example, you create a savegame with only IGE, then enable IGE and CivUP and try to load your game: neither IGE nor CivUp will be loaded.

If think this is the problem you encountered.

Regarding Hulfgar's Postmodern Expansion, I could not download it from Steam and the links on its thread look to be dead, so I could not test it. But I guess it does not cause any problem if you start a new game with both this mod and IGE? IGE then works perfectly doesn't it? Then this confirms what I was just saying. But if I am wrong, please tell me. As long with an url where I can still find Hulfgar's mod.

Regarding the active mods windows, I think it is just not reliable and only lists the mods loaded at the time the savegame was created.

Top Bottom