Installing and using the SDK

In the end I downloaded, burned to CD and installed "Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK ISO Install" and that seemed to work.

However,I have encountered a further problem, namely this one:

Impaler[WrG] said:
fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\Lib.obj

Well, not quite. I still get the same error code, but the file that can't be opened is winmm.lib (or something like that). I tried the solution in this post, deleting those lib directories from the Linker tab, but no joy.

I wrote this earlier:

chrusion said:
:old: :rotfl: :yup:

The Lib.obj!

I knew it was something stupid!

In Code::Blocks, when you click on Settings ->Compiler and open the Compiler_Settings window, there is a

First Tab named Linker:
Do NOT put: :nono:
C:\Program... ...\lib :nope:
in THIS Linker Tab! :nono:

Go into:
Tab named Directories
There you will find a:

Second Tab named Linker UNDER Tab named Directories
PUT HERE: :yup:
C:\Program... ...\lib :clap:
C:\Program... ...\lib :thumbsup:

The first Linker Tab is for specific libraries you might want to link to if you don't want everything in a whole directory!

It seems there are several who are interested in developing using the sdk. This thread may be important for you folks who are interested in developing mods that make use of the sdk.

Thanks, that worked great. It also worked for VisualStudio.NET 2002 also. I have better help in that one, then Visual C++ Express 2005. But still it probably will be somewhat different. The templates are different. I got error messages in VisualStudio.NET 2002 because it was trying to read some before they were (to that program) declared, or perhaps only out of order in declaring those type defines, or else it is just different for VS.NET 2003, I guess.

Guess have to use help with the online MSDN Library, whereever the 2003 version is.

:)

The first post of this thread has ultimately proven so helpful (beyond my expectations in terms of what the SDK can do) that I feel compelled to throw another random "thank you for this Kael and DaveMcW" out there. We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Hi

Can anybody help me with the below error.

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'boost_python-vc71-mt-1_32.lib'

Thanks zulu9812, but that's not the problem.

After reading the full thread, that was the first thing I went back and checked.

When you unzip the SDK from 2kgames, make sure your Boost-1.32.0 folder ends up inside the CvGameCoreDLL folder.

Also, make sure your project file is inside the CvGameCoreDLL folder.

Ah ya, DarkonSB (sorry if I have the name wrong but I can not see the previous replies while posting.)

Okay, you get that lnk 1181 error I think by trying to do too much with the compiler and linker. Sid, Soren and crew were using a LAN probably type set up with a control file program.

In other words, if using CodeBlocks, make sure it is on the Final_Release version only. If you try the Debug version, it will probably put out an Error.
It will state that there is not enough file to put out the Debug Version, and for some reason that is about in the Final_Release Version also. But if using CodeBlocks, there is also the Options for Setting the Compiler before the Build of the file also in that menu part of the program. If only Setting the Compiler and Linker like in the first post, make sure -- that whenever you get up - how the compiler and linker should act, that also in the Build menu Item Drop-down list -- the compiler settings there also reflect it being the Final_Release version.

I have tried several different versions to Compile the file (like Linker Settings) just to see how large the file will turn out to be -- usually in the Optimize settings stuff like O2 vs. O1 or Ox or something one I got use to it.

It will always happen because the "Debug" whatever causes that, I think if I remember correctly.

There is only enough room to build - no Debug -- so make sure the "Final_Release" is purely the "Final_Release" without any of the Debug stuff. Check out anyplace you can set the Compiler by Codeblocks, and make sure all the various places look the same. Also use some the other settings that were mentioned in one post -- like /WindowsSubsystem -- although it is not an *.exe program -- and /OPT:REF and /OPT: _____ whatever the other one is. One will say at the end that --- all References to Kernel32.dll are disregarded in the Build at the end before it goes and makes the CvGameCoreDLL.dll and if not, then you probably will get that error.

At first I got it too, along with others, the more you work with checking out the Menus with CodeBlocks, you will see that other places in that IDE also can reflect how the Build of the file will go. It should not be necessary, but lets say that -- you are only doing one Project - that Project - so what are the Build Options for that single Project -- vs. just setting the Compiler with the post 1 Compiler Settings like it does.

So it either has to do with the "Debug" part or just making sure that for this Project - the Project is also set with the correct Compiler and Linker Options just as the General Usage Compiler and Linker Settings. They should not be different and interfere, but not making sure that it is the "Final_Release" version stated before Building the file - will produce that Error.

leftisthominid said:
so now once we've generated the dll where do we put it

It goes in your /Modname/Assets/ directory.

Is there a new SDK for Warlords yet?

The SDK gets installed when you install Warlords. For me it got installed to:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\CvGameCoreDLL

Thats handy. Will have a lok at it once I get home from holiday and actually buy the game.

Top Bottom