1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Mods on Civ5 for Mac

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by AlanH, Oct 11, 2012.

1. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hi. How did you manage to get a copy of the App Store version without downloading it from the App Store? When you install an app from the App Store normally, it is likely that it registers itself in your operating system. If you have just copied it from someone else's hard drive then that will not happen, and bad things are likely to happen.

2. Borbby

Borbby Chieftain

I am experiencing this same issue. I am unable to click on any of the menu. in addition to what he said, there id also the text at the bottom of the screen that says "InvalidVersionNumber"

did I looked through the old lua file and can't find anything differences... I only pasted in the two dashes.

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hi Borbby, welcome. :wavey: Which version of Civ5 are you running - Steam or Mac AppStore Campaign Edition?

Looking at my Steam installation, it seems the MainMenu.lua file has changed and should no longer need any edits to allow the Mods button to display.

My Campaign Edition is now way out of date, so it's possible that has changed as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018