1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Mods on Civ5 for Mac

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by AlanH, Oct 11, 2012.

1. beetle

beetle Chieftain

It is just light editing of the right .lua file with a text editor, correct?

I would not have thought to characterize that as scripting. I would guess that ncik32 was referring to the hoops one had to jump through previously with the Steam version, and your Applescript file.

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

That's correct, but I never make assumptions about people's familiarity with script editing. The AppleScript route for Steam was arguably far simpler than finding the right .lua file, fixing privileges and using the right editor! That was part of why it was produced ( not by me, though ).

3. markob365

markob365 Chieftain

AlanH fantastic mod looks great.

It seems similar to the graphs that you get when you retire from a game but they are available all the time? !!!

Spent about 5 hours today trying to get it to work on my Macbook air with CIV5.

Here is where I am so far

Running CIV5 through stream. Civ5 version is vanilla with just Denmark the vikings added.

So I loaded V .17 from the mod workshop and configured it - CIV5 says it installed ok (1066 year of the viking destiny mod is enabled also)

So I start a new game but no Infoaddict under the "Additional Information" scroll

Some additional things that I tried
    v .19 and v. 22 in order but no luck

I even downloaded "Civ5 enable stream mods" and ran that in a terminal window - but no luck.

Thanks for your help - I realise that you have probably been answering questions on this mod sin approx 2010 :)

4. AlanH

You're trying to run infoaddict in the Steam version of Brave New World, right? It works ok here, but I haven't tried it with your destiny mod.

5. markob365

markob365 Chieftain

Nope just using base version of Civ 5 for MAC on Stream (version 1.0.3.279)

6. AlanH

Ok. It's Steam, not 'stream'. I don't have the base version. Make sure you are loading the correct copy of infoaddict for that version of Civ5.

7. beetle

beetle Chieftain

@AlanH, or anyone else, have you tried getting Windows Civ5 to run using Wine? There is a DLL-based mod I would like to try, but I am not interested in running Boot Camp just for that. I recently had some luck getting SMAC running under Wine, and it was not terrible. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  8. AlanH

Sorry, no. As I have a Parallels Win10 configuration, I use that if I want to run Windows stuff. It doesn't support the latest DX versions, but then I doubt if WINE does either.

9. beetle

beetle Chieftain

Thanks @AlanH, your observation there saved me a bunch of pointless grief!