Interest in doing a pacifist, ascendancy victory run starting in the industrial era?

Unless you are proposing to switch this game over to the UEM. As far as I have seen, that one does not have the space terrains attached to it, so we could not experience those eras as this game was intended to do. I would rather play on the Wertical Map.

Yes, the map is still the vertical one. I simply took Joseph suggestion.

Sorry MagnusIlluminus but C2C's fastest Game Speed(GS) is Normal = 1000 turns, then Epic =2000, Marathon =3350, Snail=5035, Eon=6550 and Eternity=8250. You can't go by vanilla BtS GS for C2C.
And Pit2015 made his UEM with the idea you Play Eternity GS with Deity or Nightmare Deity Difficulty. It of course can be played on any GS and any Difficulty.

A Normal GS will allow you to reach the later Eras in a timely fashion. That is one of the many reasons I set the Conservative MP game up on Normal GS.
No problem. It has been a while since I have started a game of C2C, thus it slipped my mind. The most recent games I have started have been with the WerticalSolar Map scenario, and the quickest that allows is Marathon.

No problem. It has been a while since I have started a game of C2C, thus it slipped my mind. The most recent games I have started have been with the WerticalSolar Map scenario, and the quickest that allows is Marathon.
Does that scenario map actually crash if you use a faster GS like Normal or Epic?

Those speeds are not selectable. They do not show up as options on the game speed / difficulty selection window. At least, they don't when using the "Play Scenario" option. I haven't tried using Custom Scenario as yet, as I am/was not interested in changing game options at that level.

Gathering info on this Wertical Map by THEHEP to see if it can be added to the Public map section of C2C. Those faster GS restrictions would need to be removed imho.

Those speeds are not selectable. They do not show up as options on the game speed / difficulty selection window. At least, they don't when using the "Play Scenario" option. I haven't tried using Custom Scenario as yet, as I am/was not interested in changing game options at that level.
Sounds like bug in @TPEHEP map file - he should remove Turns amount line from map settings.
Worldbuilder has tendency to leave trash behind, so you need to keep backup of teams/AI/player setup and you need to remove turn info and teamreveal info every time you save map.

I prefer marathon speed typically but I can adjust to normal.

Doesn't detract from the fact that the map itself needs a lot of work until it's playable.

I just figured out the issue with the Normal and Epic game speeds not being selectable in the 'Play Scenario' menu. It has nothing to do with this specific scenario. Every scenario that I try to open with the 'Play Scenario' has the same loadscreen (called the "Game Snapshot" screen where difficulty and game speed are selected), and all of them cut off the Epic and Normal game speeds. It looks to me to be happening because there are more difficulties than in vanilla BtS, so the screen just doesn't have the space to display all of the speeds. Probably the only way to fix that would be to change the size of the area where options are displayed, or to add a scrollbar. Likely neither is possible.

I also remembered (from Thunderbrd's tutorial for v37) that a player should always use Custom Game or Custom Scenario when starting a game. Probably for the above reason and other similar ones. Silly me for not remembering that.

I also remembered (from Thunderbrd's tutorial for v37) that a player should always use Custom Game or Custom Scenario when starting a game. Probably for the above reason and other similar ones. Silly me for not remembering that.
Trying to go from a preset map definition, the scenario settings in that, I believe, create the range of selection possibilities the scenario maker intended. @Pit2015 would know a lot about that since he was one to really try to craft what he had in mind for the player to experience.

Sorry, I forgot a detail in my post just above. When I load the WerticalSolar, or the newer VerticalSolar, scenario using Custom Scenario, both Normal and Epic Game Speeds are selectable. This also says to me that they are supposed to be available via the Play Scenario choice, but the graphics of the window just doesn't have enough space.

Sorry, I forgot a detail in my post just above. When I load the WerticalSolar, or the newer VerticalSolar, scenario using Custom Scenario, both Normal and Epic Game Speeds are selectable. This also says to me that they are supposed to be available via the Play Scenario choice, but the graphics of the window just doesn't have enough space.
Does it happen with other scenarios?
What is your resolution?

I tried three or four different scenarios using Play Scenario, and all of them had those speeds cut off. I don't recall exactly which ones. Try for yourself, you should see the same thing.
My current screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.

I tried three or four different scenarios using Play Scenario, and all of them had those speeds cut off. I don't recall exactly which ones. Try for yourself, you should see the same thing.
My current screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.
Using Custom Scenario it works properly.
I downloaded latest version of scenario. I also have Toffer's interface overhaul.
Spoiler :

Don't use Play a scenario button - it limits selection to 4 game speeds.

Don't use Play a scenario button - it limits selection to 4 game speeds.
This is because we have never updated it for C2C. Which iirc it can be done. It's still set for the range of 4 GS that vanilla BtS uses (range not actual GS).

This is because we have never updated it for C2C. Which iirc it can be done. It's still set for the range of 4 GS that vanilla BtS uses (range not actual GS).
Sounds like @Toffer90 is capable of doing that, as this is interface thing.

I would be interested in doing something like this, however I am ******* horrendous for passing on saves and **** like that - especially if it is SVN stuff
Through the SVN is actually really easy. Most let the initial complexity of learning how to go about it intimidate them but its just like riding a bike, so much easier than you thought it would be once you do it right the first time and then it's a total non-issue and you're wondering why you ever thought it would be difficult.

Top Bottom