Interesting experiment

ziamatt

Chieftain
I performed an interesting experiment and thought I'd share it here. I placed a Mayan settler on Palenque at the beginning of a 3000 bc unlocked game, saved the world, and loaded it as America. There were some radical changes. The first time I played I spawned to a remarkable powerful People's Republic of India that even established a colony in South America. I never saw that again, but every time I tried I noticed all civilizations tended to be slightly more advanced in terms of their technology. The nearest I can figure it is the Mayans made a religious victory impossible and many unique historical victories impossible, so they put more effort into technologies than they would have. I should mention that the Mayans always disappear when I do this and play as America. Haven't figured that out yet.

Does anyone else have anything to say about this? Or an interesting experiment they want to share here?

I've tried this before myself. They found every religion.

I also switched to them after playing with India and set out to conquer Europe:mischief:.

I didnt get the conquers event though:(.

The nearest I can figure it is the Mayans made a religious victory impossible and many unique historical victories impossible, so they put more effort into technologies than they would have.

Naaah. One more civ = faster tech pace, that's what I think.

Even though Maya founds all the religions and is nowhere near the western world, Mecca usally gets Islam.

Even though Maya founds all the religions and is nowhere near the western world, Mecca usally gets Islam.

Yeah, I noticed that religions usually spread to where they had influence on in normal games. India get Hinduism, Arabia gets Islam, etc. Actually, it spreads even before you have contact with anyone who has religion.

You don't need contact for a religion to spread (I mean Civ4, not just RFC).

Did you remove all techs from Mayans?

Did you remove all techs from Mayans?

If you just place their settler in the WB, they won't have all the techs they have on spawn, I think.

many unique historical victories impossible, so they put more effort into technologies than they would have.

The AI's do not go after the UHV's.

If you just place their settler in the WB, they won't have all the techs they have on spawn, I think.
Well, they'll get the techs at the time of their normal spawn (along with the units they were supposed to spawn with). But with such a huge lead, chances are that they'll have all the techs they were supposed to start with by that time.

I used WB to magically create Tikal in 3000BC, then played as China. The next few turns all 7 religions were founded by the Mayans, and before I entered Classical they discovered Liberalism. I checked with WB and it seems that they got 1-2 techs every turn.

It's all down to their UP

Top Bottom