Interesting Screenshots

Like I say, I was playing the game, then I toke a look at this thread, so it was very brief look, and I was wrong about everything...lol. This why I made a question, and not a comment.

I'm fairly sure that you can't pop scouts, or I'd have done it by now. Are you saying the AI can?
Anyhoo, I was using Sedentary Barbarians in this particular game.

I think I got a scout maybe twice in 4 years, but I rember doing it.

Talk about close quarters! I thought there was something in the game that prevented two civs from starting right next to each other. This was on a huge map with the standard number of civs.

cool, is this at regent and below? Build a warrior first and go after them right away...

cool, is this at regent and below? Build a warrior first and go after them right away...

i would say make the worker join the city, and try to hurry an impi, because im pretty sure that Zulu start out w/ Bronze Working

Talk about close quarters! I thought there was something in the game that prevented two civs from starting right next to each other.

i was almost certain there was too... are you sure that isn't a mod? Get the World Seed from it, and check it out on the Editor. If there are 2 starting locations right next to each other, than a mistake happened

You would have to get them on turn zero (4000 BC), since they'll move a square away on turn zero, since they can't build a city right next to your city. What I would suggest in this case is:

Turn 0:
Build Zimbabwe, join worker to city, rush warrior.

IBT:
Indian Settler/Worker moves a tile.
Zimbabwe: Warrior->Worker

Turn 1:
Move Warrior 1 tile West.

IBT:
India builds Delhi.

Turn 2:
Trade for India's Starting techs for yours and as much gold as you need to pay them. Declare war on India, attack undefended Delhi with Warrior. City is destroyed and you have killed a civ in 3900 BC.

I know on larger maps with more civs, colors sometimes get mixed up, but this really got me confused.

Purple Russians. I was just sailing on my curragh, and I spot purple borders, I expected Vikings or Iroquis, but not Russians. It's going to be a little confusing during the game, too, since the Vikings have the same city graphic, European. :crazyeye:

In my current game, 2 countries have the exact same colour. Light pink. China and some other country.

Actually, their two colors are not EXACTLY the same, but they are so similar that the human eye can't tell the difference.

@Ansar: Well, you have Color Blind Help enabled, so you can just look at the writing.

Plus, you now know the following nations are in the game:

Carthage
Byzantines, or a Green civ and Japan
A Red Civ
An Orange Civ
A Yellow Civ
A Blue Civ
And a Magenta Civ

You would also know of the existance of a Light Blue Civ, but you must already know that...

I once had Russia as Grey on the Huge Earth Map.

Actually, their two colors are not EXACTLY the same, but they are so similar that the human eye can't tell the difference.
Really? Interesting.

Thanks, choxorn. :goodjob:
@Ansar: Well, you have Color Blind Help enabled, so you can just look at the writing.

Plus, you now know the following nations are in the game:

Carthage Correct
Byzantines, or a Green civ and Japan Byzantines and Celts (No Japan, though).
A Red Civ Since Sumeria, America, and Spain are in the game, Spain turned out Red!
An Orange Civ The English are in my game.
A Yellow Civ The Mongols are in my game.
A Blue Civ Not this time, IIRC.
And a Magenta Civ If Magenta means pink, then yes. The Arabs are in this game!

You would also know of the existance of a Light Blue Civ, but you must already know that...

I once had Russia as Grey on the Huge Earth Map.
Well, they were the last civ to meet.

Carthage and Byzantines were in the game. Carthage got brown, since he couldn't get dark red because of Byzantines, so Russia got stuck with a different color. :)

Magenta is the pinkish color that France, Arabia, and the Inca have.

Well, there must be a blue civ, otherwise Russia would have ended up Blue.

Purple Russians.

haha... i cut down the quote to just that... and then i read it to myself and had a good laugh...

but that wasn't the point of this post

try thinking about

Yellow Russians
Tanish? Byzantines
Light Pink Sumerians (like China's 2nd default)

that game threw me off sooooo much!!! i kept thinking Russia was Egypt, Byzantines were Dutch, and Sumeria was China, and i think i had all of them in that game besides Egypt

Magenta is the pinkish color that France, Arabia, and the Inca have.

Well, there must be a blue civ, otherwise Russia would have ended up Blue.
You're right. I still haven't met Korea. (I know they're in the game because of F11)

If you mean the secondary color of the Dutch and Ottomans, that looks more like dark yellow or gold. Tan is the secondary color of the Hittites.

You would have to get them on turn zero (4000 BC), since they'll move a square away on turn zero, since they can't build a city right next to your city. What I would suggest in this case is:

Turn 0:
Build Zimbabwe, join worker to city, rush warrior.

IBT:
Indian Settler/Worker moves a tile.
Zimbabwe: Warrior->Worker

Turn 1:
Move Warrior 1 tile West.

IBT:
India builds Delhi.

Turn 2:
Trade for India's Starting techs for yours and as much gold as you need to pay them. Declare war on India, attack undefended Delhi with Warrior. City is destroyed and you have killed a civ in 3900 BC.

This doesn't work because the game was on Emperor. That means that once Dehli is built, a bunch of Indian warriors suddenly appear there because of the AI start bonuses.

Well, it would work on Regent and below.

Top Bottom