Interesting Screenshots

You are right, I didn't notice that, but the artillery shown in the 3 units list is still the one on the mountain west of it. And on the tile southwest of the damaged Dutch infantry, there is no artillery (mountain, no road).

I find this to be pretty funny. This is from an SG I'm playing, 3CC AW PTW Monarch, and I've just gotten Mysticism (and 5 other techs) from the Great Library:

How can Mystics invent Mysticism? Mysticism would have to come before Mystics, and thus would have to be invented by someone other than a mystic! :crazyeye:

What's next? Will our Alchemists invent Alchemy? Will our Scholars invent Education? Will our Engineers Invent Engineering?

And yes, I know that those 3 are impossible.

*laughs*

That was funny, but you should have let someone else kill it....

...like the robots that invented robotics....

This question is actually both hard and very easy to answer. An easy answer would be "from nowhere." A harder answer would be "from me in the first place." Scroll up one post and click on the link that reads "Food for thought" in the Bartleby quote from the Money maker thread to get a basic outline of how this works.

When did you stop talking in Italics?

I was playing a crowded map, with 31 civs on a Tiny map. In about 100 bc, I was looking through the score, and noticed Zululand's score was 10. Total. I was suprised- how can a civ alive till then have a score of only 10? I looked and looked for their cities, and eventually established an embassy in their capital to get a look at them.

Looks like they will be a bit player. Note that they have horses and iron immediately next to them, but do not own them. Note also that there are 5 other capitals within two tiles, and a sixth just a little bit further out.

Zimbabwe could easily reach size 3. Whats keeping them?

they may keep trying to make a settler...to try and grow...

If they had a lot of units, they would capture some of those cities. ;)

I knew I forgot something!!

Silly AI :lol:

EDIT: I'm speaking of course of the colony that isnt connected by any road

Chox no get it. :confused:

Ah... I see now. Why don't they connect the other tin? :lol:

I think if you go over there and refresh your map of the area, you will find that it is connected (colonies get a free road remember). It would look similar if they built a town in the same place; your fogged map would not show the connection of the road that you already saw to the new town, even though of course such a connection exists.

Edit: oops, this was an inglorious use of my 1000th post. :( I was saving it for some earthshattering revelation about Civ3 strategy that would overturn the whole way we think about the game!

Here's a couple of pics I have. All of them are from a game played on Quintillus' 31-civ Earth Map, if you're interested in knowing.

Hail the Great Instigator, Baby (This is what he's saying, in case you can't see)! This message just sounds funny to me, especially when my advisor is angry!

Uh... Aren't rivers supposed to allow me to grow to size 7 without an Aqueduct?

Ever seen an AI in Feudalism?

Declaring war on the Most Powerful Civ in the game...

...Is a very bad idea, especially if you have only one city they can easily attack!

So this message a few turns later is no surprise:

I think if you go over there and refresh your map of the area, you will find that it is connected (colonies get a free road remember). It would look similar if they built a town in the same place; your fogged map would not show the connection of the road that you already saw to the new town, even though of course such a connection exists.

Edit: oops, this was an inglorious use of my 1000th post. :( I was saving it for some earthshattering revelation about Civ3 strategy that would overturn the whole way we think about the game!

That view is refreshed, id just goten their world map off them and before i,d gotten that i couldnt see that area.

Interesting. I'd still like to see the area under your direct line of sight, but refreshing your world map with the civ responsible should have done the trick; colonies give line of sight to their owners don't they? Mind you, note that the colony does not belong to the empire from which the road originates. That empire is turquoise, but the colony is dull green.
But if it the colony truly isn't roaded, then it certainly is an interesting screenshot; not because the AI is silly, but because it shouldn't be possible. If a barb got onto that tile, the colony would be destroyed, even before they could think about pillaging the road.

Top Bottom