Interesting Screenshots

it happened w/ me on the editor, but it was like all the land tiles... every single land tile, forest, mountain, hills... etc... went all inverted or grayscaled, and i thought i broke my moniter somehow

My horse was attacking a spear, and I accidentally used the scroll feature on my trackpad. It's not a standard scollwheel, so I don't know if it can be reproduced, but the horseman retreated, while his image kept attacking (and making the attack sound). He kept on doing it even after the city was destroyed.

You can't see, but he's stabbing in that picture.
He only stopped next turn, when I told him to fortify.

What were they smoking? :smoke:

:eek: In my current SP game, the AI did something unheard of: :eek:

They actually bombarded a unit of mine with their artillery! :crazyeye:
They're really out to get me. I'd better watch out; at this rate, they'll start using smart warfare techniques against me :trouble:

Only time I saw AI arty they marched straight into the desert (undefended) and were mine next turn.

They do that with workers all the time- sometimes, when they capture a worker or 6 from me, they'll move it to an adjacent empty space. Yay, workers! The AI is so dumb.

OMG, the AI USED ARTILLLERY OFFENSIVELY??? This is unheard of!

They're really out to get me. I'd better watch out; at this rate, they'll start using smart warfare techniques against me :trouble:

It is not unheard of ... It is just rare. Extremely rare. And it has that certain comedy about it, quite like Laurel and Hardy.

I'll have a poke around my saved games folder and see if I can re-create the time when the Germans used a stack of arty to bombard one of my armies until it was vulnerable to cavalry, and then raze my beachhead. :eek:

:faint: OH TEH NOES!!! THE AI WAS SMART!!! WHAT WILL WE DO???

Cuz normally, you don't have to worry about healthy armies being attacked until bombers show up, if you don't win first.

Gotta love those bombers. It's like beating the crap out of a bunch of ten year olds for 5000 years, and finally one of them hits you with a lead pipe....

Like Grey Fox said, "I've been waiting for this pain!!!"

Spoiler :

Sorry to say it, but that's not offensive use of artillery... ;)

See the fortified infantry on the mountains? They just fortified a chokepoint, which is something that the AI does often. So it's just another example of AI using it defensively... :( Bombarding units around while keeping it stupidly fortified there is not that rare, in fact when attacking a big city I sometimes get bombarded once, and that's it.

What are talking about Mirc? There is no chokepoint anywhere near the infantry has been bombarded and the artillery that did it.

I think you might be looking at the wrong artillery/infantry. See where the bottom left corner of the list opened with the right mouse click is? That's a mountain, in a chain of mountains. It's on a mountain tile surrounded by a mountain and a volcano. Fortifying there is blocking the way, something the AI does very often. The infantry that was bombarded is the one in the jungle tile, not the one on the city ruins.

I'll have a poke around my saved games folder and see if I can re-create the time when the Germans used a stack of arty to bombard one of my armies until it was vulnerable to cavalry, and then raze my beachhead. :eek:

It seems my memory is not what it used to be. Looking over the game with CRpViewer, my beachhead wasn't razed but I definitely remember they caused me some kind of setback (maybe they killed a combat settler). I'm sure that they attacked me in the open, but I couldn't get them to do that last night--The best I could manage was to move an army into the mountains NE of Stuttgart; several artillery located there would bombard then.

and another picture from a recent game:

Hey, big spender!

I think you might be looking at the wrong artillery/infantry. See where the bottom left corner of the list opened with the right mouse click is? That's a mountain, in a chain of mountains. It's on a mountain tile surrounded by a mountain and a volcano. Fortifying there is blocking the way, something the AI does very often. The infantry that was bombarded is the one in the jungle tile, not the one on the city ruins.

Mirc, the jungle Infantry is a Mongolian unit... ;)

Top Bottom