Iron hearts - Phase II

The difference was the number of times that no interception (air dogfight) occured.

Damn... well that all just sucks doesnt it? :( Now I can see why Tigranes quit this game...

This mod having many broken aspects surrounding the air battles kinda causes problems. All Russia/Rodrigo is doing is keeping all his planes on the ground. With no fighter engagement I can't shoot them. When I mount any offensive, he's just going to shoot down my defenders and then bomb the hell out of my stack and wipe it out. I can do the exact same thing to any offensive he tries if I just ground all my planes and then build up a giant stack of them too. I don't envision this game having much in the way of offensive movement on either side the way things are set up now. But thats just my opinion.

The allies make a moderate counter-attack near Lyon, destroying a few italian divisions.

Damn... well that all just sucks doesnt it? :( Now I can see why Tigranes quit this game...

This mod having many broken aspects surrounding the air battles kinda causes problems. All Russia/Rodrigo is doing is keeping all his planes on the ground. With no fighter engagement I can't shoot them. When I mount any offensive, he's just going to shoot down my defenders and then bomb the hell out of my stack and wipe it out. I can do the exact same thing to any offensive he tries if I just ground all my planes and then build up a giant stack of them too. I don't envision this game having much in the way of offensive movement on either side the way things are set up now. But thats just my opinion.

It's not exactly that... Dogfight is a dogfight, no matter if he is shooting you or you are shooting him 12 needs to loose more often against 14 no matter how they get engaged into the fight. See, with working mechanics, one could expect from Russia to loose at the beginning with 12 :strength: vs Nazi 14 :strength: fighters. Which would make them to delay the war, research, get ready first, but giving time for Germany to deal with the West. Now the whole situation reminds 1945 January, not 1940! (Well except for Italy). Luthor's tests are not duplicated by Germany's F9 screen. I mean Nighthawk can check how many FW we lost vs how many LA-7 shot...

The numbers of Fock Wolfs shot down is over 100... Soviet LA-7 and English Spitfires are close to 70 or so in total.

New approach for the German command right now. Our planes shot down a fair number of enemy planes this last turn, let's see if we can begin to control the skies...

The priority this week was for the RAF to eliminate the Italian airforce, which was done in a very sucessfull way. And without any allied losses!

The allied High Command is happy about the air warfare statistics, but know that it is incomplete as there were more type of fighters in this war than FW's and Spitfires: Dornier's, Messerschmitt's, Hurricane's, Glosters , etc.

In the North Sea, the U-boat hunt has been re-ignited this week, with the Royal Navy presenting to the King the news of losses of at least 3 packs of these dreadfull machines. Even though the Admirals mentioned that fact that it was (suprisingly) easy, the King still decided to give them an enthusiastic congratulation.

The Red Army launched another big offensive in the Balkans and Budapest was conquered. The Axis Government was caught by surprise, didn't have time to escape and have surrendered to Zhukov. The Balkans are now free from the Nazi grasp.

Meanwhile, along the russian front, several special units take furtive action in Poland and were able to free about 10.000 slave workers!

Good! Now I don't have to load that stupid 1 city turn every time! :lol:

Budapest, recently taken, was left undefended, so Nazi infantry moved into the city for occupation and bulked up its defenses. Meanwhile, since the Soviets refuse to run interception missions, our bombers were able to bomb the largest forces threatening Belgrade, weakening their abilities. Hitler's forces also opportunistically picked off Russian units on the eastern front as they were able. All while the German war machine slowly builds up more military for another strike.

On the western front, a British destroyer was killed by a German destroyer while some U-boats still survive and patrol the waters...

The battle for the control of the North Sea continues, with 1 German Destroyer and U-boat being sunk.

The bulk of the Malta fleet has left the harbour! And it is going in direction of...

Belgrade, weakly defended and after heavily bombed by the Red Air Force, has fallen! A valiant Tank Brigade destroyed the last Nazi defenders.

Meanwhile, the Russian scientists have finally discovered how to manufacture a plastic duck...

So I recently got my new laptop for civ and have successfully gotten BTS to re-install, including the patch. I've played a standard BTS turn in another game.

I attempted to download Luthor's file for this game and copied it over into my mods folder, but I got the following error: "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"

Any thoughts? Luthor, do you think I need to reinstall the original mod that was downloaded for Tora?

:hmm: I do not know. I wouldn't think that it would be needed, but... maybe...

Did you install other MODs yet? Did they work? Are you installing in the game folder and not in the "Personnal folders"?

Yes I was able to install the RFC multiplayer mod without any issues. I have not tried any others. I plan on slowly re-installing them as i get time, I will try the original Tora mod next as a first step.

And yes, they are in the game folder and not personal folder.

Good news! I tried downloading and reinstalling everything again, including the original Tora mod, and everything works just fine!

Belgrade was easily retaken by the German army and reinforced. I think I see the Soviets plan... have my borders cities all be in revolt so the culture is gone and pick and choose your battles. I am confident this war of attrition will finish on my side!

Soviets have twice your units, don't rush into conclusions!

The war of attrition in the sea continue to go well for the Allies. The HQ in London is wondering what the German naval strategy is about, as they keep sending suicidal U-boats into the range of British ships...

The Red Army launched a great offensive towards Wilno. The tanks of the 1st Ukrainian Army began the assault and things started badly for the Russians as the defenders were well entrenched. The Russians lost in the onslaught the equivalent of 6 veteran tank brigades, but these attacks weakened the defenses of Wilno and in the next wave of attacks the Red Army were able to destroy the remaining defenders and conquer the city. With this victory, 3 squadrons of Fw109 were also destroyed.

In Romania, a powerful Panzer Corps which had moved to a forest near Cluj, threatning the city, was also almost destroyed. The Luftwaffe, after having suffered a big blow with the loss of Wilno, were not able to defend the skies. The bombers of the Red Air force, with the help of thousands of artillery pieces, pounded heavily the German units and the Red Army was able to attack and almost destroy the German units with few casualties.

Wilno taken by Soviets and then retaken by Germans... More Fock Wolfs shot down, but also more Soviet planes shot down... we shall see who wins the war of attrition, thats all this is at this point.

A disaster occured in the Italian skies... the RAF was defeated by the Luftwaffe. The Royal Air Force lost a significant number of planes and not one single German pilot was shot down! :sad:

The Red Army launched a limited counter attack to try to retake Wilno again, but it failed and the Wehrmacht still holds the city.

In the air the dogfights were favorable to the Red Air Force (2 Fw vs 1 La-7).

Top Bottom