Iron Hearts

The Germans got smart and retreated to their defensive positions. Hitler's new tentative offensive in the Caucasus was, again, another complete failure. Glory to the USSR!

The brave Red Army soldiers have taken a deserved rest this week!

PS: Tigranes, if a Great Spy emerges in Russia and if Stalin wants to use his services (in Japan) to bring the Siberian Army to the East Front, how will be that possible if all russian units (in the corner of the map) are surrounded by impassable terrain?

They are? I was pretty sure there is a road... Regardless -- I don't think you will need any extra help, this game will be finished before then... USSR is too strong!

No, there isn't any road. And I think I'll need every extra help I can get. How to fix the issue?

There is no way to fix, I am truly sorry. I did not realize there can be an ice on tundra and ice is impassible. You still can use plains but the rest of the units has to be disbanded, to save some money.

Oh come on! Tons of hummers to waste! My planes failed to protect skies once again!

Well, Stalin is very disappointed with the outcome of the destiny of the Siberian Army. Nevertheless, if a Great Spy emerges, Stalin thinks that, at least, he should have access to the planes for free.

It was also an opportunity for Stalin to get in advance 5 of the famous T-34, as the "too strong Russia" will still need all of the following technologies to produce a T-34: Tactical bombers - Blitzkrieg - self propelled guns - plastics(!) - Prodution Planning - Mass production and (Finally) - Medium and heavy Tanks ... Well, maybe by 1943/44... Meanwhile, by that time, the Germans should be playing with Tigers... Or Maus...Or worse...

Unless they resign sometimes soon and leave you to fight with British...

Well, Stalin is very disappointed with the outcome of the destiny of the Siberian Army. Nevertheless, if a Great Spy emerges, Stalin thinks that, at least, he should have access to the planes for free.

Ok here is the solution. IF you get a great Spy ever in your game Airlift your Siberian divisions one by one to Gorkiy. They will arrive to European Russia not all at once but gradually, which is more realistic considering distances and the railroad capacity...

Does Siberia have airport? If so, problem solved!

If not, then we should adapt rule 13.

It sure does, otherwise how would I fit 5 planes in it :) We will just wave rule about no airlifts in case of Siberia.

NO!! IT'S NOT EASY!! WITH ONLY 8% CHANCE I GOT A GREAT ENGINEER (against 70% of a Great Spy)!! ARGHHH! I think Sorge found more interesting things to do... he will be shoot down when he returns to his beloved Russia. At least, Stalin got its Golden Age!

But, I agree with Tigranes proposal. I can use the airport to lift one by one the long expecting T-34s, after the appearance of the long expecting Great Spy...

Meanwhile, in the East Front, while Hitler sends his Panzers to a touristic journey in Greece, Zhukov launches the Soviet Summer Offensive in the Balkans. Cluj under massive fire. Defenders almost destroyed.

Great battle for Cluj ended with the victory of the Red Army. But things were not easy...

Following Hitler's stubbornness of not giving up ground, the Wehrmacht moved a sizable Army to reinforce Cluj's defenses to try to hold Zhukov's numerous forces in the zone.

The first phase of the attack to Cluj started with the Russian tentative of clearing the sky from the Fw190 interceptors. After intense dogfights, two Fw190 squadrons were suppressed at the cost of two La-7 squadrons. With air superiority, the bombers of the Red Air Force raided heavily Cluj's defenders.

After the bombing, Zhukov ordered the ground attack, and things at the beginning got nasty. The Axis defenders put a fierce resistance and were able to repel and destroy all the initial attacks from the Red Army, with the cost of several armored and mountain infantry divisions. But, those attacks weakened the defenders, and the Russians had a lot of available units. So, finally, the deadlock was broken, and the remaining Red Army units were able to overrun the Axis defenders. The Russians lost 8 units. The Axis lost all their forces. Hitler never learns!

In the North, the Red Army was able to conquer Helsinki, destroying the two infantry divisions that were defending the city. Nevertheless, the Red Army lost a veteran Tank division in the attack.

With the fall of Helsinki, a favorable peace treaty with the Finnish Government was settled.

Meanwhile, in Bucharest, Gestapo activists were able to cause a nazi revolt in the city.

Waffen SS commemorated the anniversary of the Greatest War of all times by capturing Odessa and burning 5 veteran planes on the airfields there. What a bold move by Axis! :ar15: How careless could Soviets be to defend mature war zone city with 1 petty Machine Gunner! :spank:

It was with great concern that Stalin received the news of the fall of Odessa. In a complete surprise attack to the Soviet High Command, three SS regiments overrun the garrison of this city and headed to the airfield, were they destroyed all Red Air Force fighter squadrons. Veteran squadrons, should be noted.

After the recent victories achieved by the Red Army in the Balkans, this German attack was a serious setback on the Russian confidence.

This week, after heavily bombarded by other available Russian fighters, and with the help of several partisan units that resisted the Nazi invader, the SS were annihilated and Odessa retaken.

In the war front, after being informed of the fall of Odessa and being advised that the Nazis were able to reinforce Budapest with new armored divisions and that new fighter squadrons were arriving from the Western front, Zhukov ordered an halt to the Soviet offensive and retreated in direction of Bucharest.

American fleet with 5 transports arrive to Mediterranean.

Missing this game, who has the file guys?

My bad!

I was delayed in my games so it took a while to catch up.

But played and sent onwards.

Calm situation in the Eastern Front. Some dogfights in the air with equal losses for both sides.

In the Mediterranean a German U-Boat was sunk by a Red Navy Destroyer.

Top Bottom