Is civ6 the best civ game

Would you please not impose your thoughts upon me?
I'll rephrase what you wrote:

If you don't have anything constructive and respectful to bring to the conversation, could you please shut up?
I liked Civ IV out of the box. I don't like Civ VI out of hte box. You may have a different experience, but please respect other people's opinions.

Moderator Action: Telling others to "shut up" is not the sort of civil discourse we expect. You can make your point without trolling other posters.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Why, I love you too.

Anyways, I said what I said for a very simple and real reason. Civ VI was a lot better out of the box than Civ IV.

Why, I love you too.

Anyways, I said what I said for a very simple and real reason. Civ VI was a lot better out of the box than Civ IV.

Considering 4's MP didn't work at all (as opposed to 6 which just works poorly and can't support the advertised number of players) and a few other issues, you can make a case that 6 had a more stable release.

In terms of UI and meaningful decisions/turn or decisions/real-life time not so much. Civ 6 has more mechanics, but it does not have more of these.

I'd be willing to accept either depending on where one assigns priorities, however unless they break the broken civ 5 MP pattern 6 is unlikely to catch up in that regard. Having 4-5 people in a game and needing to re-sync every other turn is not a viable experience.

Civ VI was a lot better out of the box than Civ IV.
No, these are opinions, not facts. You like one better, I prefer the other. I always enjoyed playing Civ IV, I don't enjoy playing Civ VI. So, out of thebox, I deem IV the better game. YMMV.

No, these are opinions, not facts. You like one better, I prefer the other. I always enjoyed playing Civ IV, I don't enjoy playing Civ VI. So, out of thebox, I deem IV the better game. YMMV.

Apologies, I thought you were the one that was asking wheter Civ VI was a good game right now, and hadn't yet decided wheter or not to play it. (that was in this thread right?)

Whether it's good right now is different than whether it was out of the box because it's been patched since. And I still don't like the AI, so I'll have to hope for another patch handling that someday, maybe.

If you're looking to spend your hard-earned money buy Civ5 with all its expansions.
It's unfair to compare Civ5 and Civ6 because Civ5 has a lot more patches/fixes/expansions/mods accumulated through time. It also means that it's a better buy.

I really don't get it when people say that Civ6 is undeniably superior to Civ5 pre-expansions. I wasn't there at Civ5 launch so I can't tell how disastrous it really was. But! I was there pre G&K! I enjoyed the hell out of it! I have over 1100 hours clocked in on my Steam account with all DLC. I have yet to try Vox Populi or any other games because Civ5BNW already entertained me so much.

Civ6 on the other hand, I can't think of any feature in the game I don't have a complaint against. Everything is broken/overly complex to some degree. It's a lot more elaborated for sure, but it also means that it will be overwhelming for beginners. Housing? Get rid of it. Make Food the resource you need to grow population! Influence Points? I'd rather have bribing CSs for the sake of simplicity. And of course, there is a plethora of Policy Cards you have to meddle around with.

If you're looking to spend your hard-earned money buy Civ5 with all its expansions.
It's unfair to compare Civ5 and Civ6 because Civ5 has a lot more patches/fixes/expansions/mods accumulated through time. It also means that it's a better buy.

I really don't get it when people say that Civ6 is undeniably superior to Civ5 pre-expansions. I wasn't there at Civ5 launch so I can't tell how disastrous it really was. But! I was there pre G&K! I enjoyed the hell out of it! I have over 1100 hours clocked in on my Steam account with all DLC. I have yet to try Vox Populi or any other games because Civ5BNW already entertained me so much.

Civ6 on the other hand, I can't think of any feature in the game I don't have a complaint against. Everything is broken/overly complex to some degree. It's a lot more elaborated for sure, but it also means that it will be overwhelming for beginners. Housing? Get rid of it. Make Food the resource you need to grow population! Influence Points? I'd rather have bribing CSs for the sake of simplicity. And of course, there is a plethora of Policy Cards you have to meddle around with.

You should try to play either Civ IV or Civ VI, and then I mean play it for a hundred hours or something, and then go back to Civ V. See how long it is until you want to strangle that (un)happiness face in the top of your screen.

You should try to play either Civ IV or Civ VI, and then I mean play it for a hundred hours or something, and then go back to Civ V. See how long it is until you want to strangle that (un)happiness face in the top of your screen.

The reason why I'm on a Civ6 Forum right now is because I want to get back into the game as soon as things get better. I pre-ordered this thing! Played 85 hours so far according to my Steam counter. Again, not going back anytime soon because there is no feature in the game I don't have a complaint against. I can always find something wrong even in features I like.

Regarding Civ IV... I have very great expectations.... It's one of these games on my Steam library I haven't opened yet because Civ5 stole 1100 hours of my life.

The reason why I'm on a Civ6 Forum right now is because I want to get back into the game as soon as things get better. I pre-ordered this thing! Played 85 hours so far according to my Steam counter. Again, not going back anytime soon because there is no feature in the game I don't have a complaint against. I can always find something wrong even in features I like.

Regarding Civ IV... I have very great expectations.... It's one of these games on my Steam library I haven't opened yet because Civ5 stole 1100 hours of my life.

I'd say, go ahead, give it a try. I personally prefer VI because I love many of the systems in VI, like districts, new roads, dual tech trees etc so much, but there's a reason IV is considered the best game in the series. Another advantage IV has is that playing it is less than a commitment. And I don't mean that games are shorter or less immersive, but that the game is much, much faster than V and VI. In the time you play 30 turns in V or VI, you find out you played 100 turns in IV, simply because you first load up the game within a minute and, when you end your turn, it takes about a second before you can start your next turn. Fair warning though if you've never played IV before, you need more units than in V and VI (one in every city plus a few more for whatever you come across), and cities can't defend themselves. Early game there are only animals, which can't enter your borders, but when warrior barbarians start appearing, you should have a unit in every city. When attacking a city, it's defended by the units in it, possibly buffed by walls and everything. One more thing I feel I need to mention, some units, wonders etc have multiple tech requirements, and then you need to have all techs. Also, techs can have requirements with arrows and with the picture of the tech required in the top right of the tech. You need all the techs mentioned in the top right, while you need only one of the techs pointing an arrow to the tech, though having more makes the tech cheaper.

Top Bottom