Is it intentional that you can win tourism victory without even meeting everyone?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
I was just playing a TSL huge earth map as Brazil. I had so much tourism early because I made basically the entire amazon a national park that I won in the renaissance or early industrial, when I had only met like 7 out of 12 civs. In like 3k hours of this game I don't think I"ve ever seen that!

I was just playing a TSL huge earth map as Brazil. I had so much tourism early because I made basically the entire amazon a national park that I won in the renaissance, when I had only met like 7 out of 12 civs.
You win a tourism victory by having more international tourists than the civ with the most domestic tourists. In gameplay terms that means you need to have, for example, 51 tourists if the civ with the highest culture makes 50 culture per turn. So, if you've met the civ with the highest culture generation and have more tourists than they have culture, I don't see why not having met everyone should prevent you from winning the game since you've met the win condition for a particular victory type.

Top Bottom