Is it worth it to upgrade archers to crossbows?

Admittedly rendered moot by the AI only building one stack or units after classical, so you’ll slaughter them with anything. But I agree with that analysis and that the forums needs a fix. I’d say allow damage to go much lower as CS deficit grows. Maybe they could keep the 5 minimum but let the 25 drop?

Admittedly rendered moot by the AI only building one stack or units after classical, so you’ll slaughter them with anything. But I agree with that analysis and that the forums needs a fix. I’d say allow damage to go much lower as CS deficit grows. Maybe they could keep the 5 minimum but let the 25 drop?

It's already that way since last patch, that's what the "anachronism" thing in the patch note really is. the max damage drops all the way to 5 but you need a 60 power difference before you reach that. Even the first drop from 5-25 to 5-20 requires a 30 differential which means my archers would have to face contemporary units for it to even matter, and by that point you'd be soviet so it just would never happen.

It's already that way since last patch, that's what the "anachronism" thing in the patch note really is. the max damage drops all the way to 5 but you need a 60 power difference before you reach that. Even the first drop from 5-25 to 5-20 requires a 30 differential which means my archers would have to face contemporary units for it to even matter, and by that point you'd be soviet so it just would never happen.

Oh my mistake ;) you can tell I haven’t played in a few weeks. Seems like anachronism should at least be tuned so you get as steady as possible a decrease in damage from -1 to -30 and then then on to -60 (or whatever the max should be).

Top Bottom