Is multiplayer better now?

Multiplayer games have so many issues. Disconnection, trade exploits, bad denouncement system and arseholes are all part of the issues in multiplayer.

has anyone else noticed strange things? Like in our last game (me and a mate in team 1) my partner got a city of 25 all of a sudden! (in turn 75 or so).
The game before he got 38 research and I got 40 but everytime he joined my project it would become 1 turn (after being 30+ turns for me alone), I also got a scout who could move four tiles instead of 2.

We're getting to the point where we wonder if it's playable. Our connection is 15ms and 25ms so that shouldn't be the problem
:confused:

We had a 7 player Brave New world LAN game in the weekend and had no issues at all. Great game actually with a head to head science victory.

Another game just ended with a crash - Thx Firaxis! I saw a video at youtube with a guy testing Beyond Earth. One of his statements where: "Firaxis have soooo good support". I laughed when I heard that. Apparantly he has never played a Civ 5 Multiplayer game. He must have been paid to say that. Firaxis doesn't care about fixing the errors - they laugh when their customers write to them. Civ 5 has the most Multiplayer bugs in history. I remember playing Red Alert 10-12 years ago, with no errors. I can play Day of Defeat with a million more information going on between the computers. Then Why why WHY??? is it impossible to play a MP game in Civ 5 without a crash or some other stupid error?

Another game just ended with a crash - Thx Firaxis! I saw a video at youtube with a guy testing Beyond Earth. One of his statements where: "Firaxis have soooo good support". I laughed when I heard that. Apparantly he has never played a Civ 5 Multiplayer game. He must have been paid to say that. Firaxis doesn't care about fixing the errors - they laugh when their customers write to them. Civ 5 has the most Multiplayer bugs in history. I remember playing Red Alert 10-12 years ago, with no errors. I can play Day of Defeat with a million more information going on between the computers. Then Why why WHY??? is it impossible to play a MP game in Civ 5 without a crash or some other stupid error?

Agree. Aside from exploits, the stability of this game is absolutely laughable. Players getting dropped after being in a great game for a few hours - cant rejoin.

If beyond earth is anything like this it will also be a huge ******** minus playing in house with friends where you can rehost to overcome the games glaring connection issues.

One of the very top guys who was in charge of Civ 5 game concepts and creation stated that he didn't like multiplayer at all and felt that Civ was a single player game. Luckily that idiot is no longer with them and was not a part of Beyond Earth. I have hopes that BE might actually flourish with multiplayer play.

I just want to know how to increase the max turns from 500 when playing multiplayer, its really frustrating when you know the game is about to end just when you're building everything up in the later eras.
anyone knows how to get this done?

I just want to know how to increase the max turns from 500 when playing multiplayer, its really frustrating when you know the game is about to end just when you're building everything up in the later eras.

How is it possible to not have won a science vic by turn 500? Did nobody make a library ever?

You can turn of time victory, if you are the host.

Top Bottom