Is my good memory due to better retrieval methods or more storage space?

Maximum7

Chieftain
So basically I have a great memory for incredibly minuscule details and as far back as my toddlerhood. I remember things people have told me decades ago and I can recall emotions attached to certain events and remember a lot of my dreams from years ago. I know the human brain has about 2.5 petabytes of storage but most people don’t remember anything so I’m wondering if my storage space is larger. I am NOT a high IQ person; I did well in school but I am definitely average. What is different about my brain compared to someone with an average or below average memory?

So basically I have a great memory for incredibly minuscule details and as far back as my toddlerhood. I remember things people have told me decades ago and I can recall emotions attached to certain events and remember a lot of my dreams from years ago. I know the human brain has about 2.5 petabytes of storage but most people don’t remember anything so I’m wondering if my storage space is larger. I am NOT a high IQ person; I did well in school but I am definitely average. What is different about my brain compared to someone with an average or below average memory?
A brain is not a SSD. It stores things differently than a computer. I would guess that your vivid memory is connected to your genetics. Did/do your parents or siblings have similar memories?

Top Bottom