Is Piety even worth it for cultural victories?

obviously a well backed up argument :)

going back to the GA thing - in last 4 city cult game I remember I delayed both happy GA and the peity GA just after building CI (maybe like turn 90) and had afterwards very few non GA turns, remember u get a 3rd free ga at liberty tree.

Once u got like 4 Cities each with 4-5 artist slot u can pretty much alternate between planting landmark and extending GA

obviously a well backed up argument :)

going back to the GA thing - in last 4 city cult game I remember I delayed both happy GA and the peity GA just after building CI (maybe like turn 90) and had afterwards very few non GA turns, remember u get a 3rd free ga at liberty tree.

Once u got like 4 Cities each with 4-5 artist slot u can pretty much alternate between planting landmark and extending GA

How would you change things when going OCC deity cultural? Then you cant alternate between landmarks and GA's so much.

Is it even possible to get both Sistine Chapel and Chitzen Iza/Alhambra on same game when playing OCC deity?

Probably new patch has made OCC deity cultural almost impossible?

Edit. On Immortal diffiiculty(before patch) it's relatively easy to get OCC CV without Chtizen Iza. Done it couple of times on pangaea. Wonders I build were Toa,HG,Terracotta,Petra,Sistine, Taj and Louvre and some others I dont remember anymore. Didnt get Porcelain Tower though

I'm amazed OCC CV on Deity is even possible, pre-patch or not. Don't AI usually get a science win around T240? Aside from that and them snatching every wonder/threatening your borders, unless you got like a godly starting position and some incredible luck, I just don't see that happening on a regular basis.

Playing Korea OCC on Immortal, I lost to space around turn 260 (vanilla). All that meant was that I should've done better at culture to win before then - which was entirely possible if I didn't barely lose out on Louvre and kept a couple cultural city-states from getting captured.

I dont like to talk about occ game styles as its just a dumbed down civ - not my cup of tea -
I rather talk about good/optimised gamesytle not about how to cheese your win most easy - and thats what occ is about

I dont like to talk about occ game styles as its just a dumbed down civ - not my cup of tea -
I rather talk about good/optimised gamesytle not about how to cheese your win most easy - and thats what occ is about

For me its about finishing a game in 4-6 hours vs 10 - 12, not cheese. Totally legit, but with a lower score in the end.

if your whole goal is just to end fast why even start in the 1. place?

Well, there are several reasons. Anyone can exploit the combat AI and slog their way to victory, but thats not elegant. Thats why I tend to play peacfully whenever I can. I believe its overall faster, smarter play.

Top Bottom