Is the AI copying?

Naah. Playing as Spain in King mode right now and I am only settling a modest amount of cities in my home continent (to prepare for colonial conquest midgame :queen:). But the AIs are still grabbing every scrap of land there is like there is no tomorrow. Did you have the exact same AI leaders in both games?

Could it be the quicker research speed for things that are already researched or discovered?

Naah. Playing as Spain in King mode right now and I am only settling a modest amount of cities in my home continent (to prepare for colonial conquest midgame :queen:). But the AIs are still grabbing every scrap of land there is like there is no tomorrow. Did you have the exact same AI leaders in both games?

I haven't noticed any changes in colonisation behaviour - that was the poster who began this thread. I don't recall the identities of all the other leaders, but they weren't ones that get particular advantages to teching or production in this game (nominal science boosts from ziggurats were evidently not behind Sumer's success, as they were third in science output) - England was my major rival space race-wise in this game. On the other hand, Germany was the closest to completing a spaceship in one of the previous - slower - games and they do get a production boost.

Could it be the quicker research speed for things that are already researched or discovered?

I wasn't aware any such thing existed, but I doubt it. Again, Kongo had a cultural advantage earlier than it should have compared with prior games. Tourism isn't closely linked to tech speed or civic speed but only to Wonder production and Great Works (and so GP generation - also of note all the GPs were taken at this point in the game, which I think is also earlier than had been the case previously).

Top Bottom